Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you all shop around different orthodontists and providers when you looked to get yours? My normal dentist is extremely expensive using Invisalign. I've looked at others local to me who all use different providers (Smile Align, Clear Smile, HDL Aligners etc) and its hard to know what to do. Should I get quotes from them all?
I didnt shop around but maybe I should've, however I got pretty lucky. They bonded 6 of my teeth for free (usually £250-300 per tooth) which made the price of the invisalign feel a bit better. I know a few people that have good experiences with the online companies though, but I do think they include a lot of hidden costs

I didnt shop around but maybe I should've, however I got pretty lucky. They bonded 6 of my teeth for free (usually £250-300 per tooth) which made the price of the invisalign feel a bit better. I know a few people that have good experiences with the online companies though, but I do think they include a lot of hidden costs
Thanks, definitely won't be using the online companies - these I've looked at are all provided through dentists, just different brands to Invisalign as far as I can tell

Thanks, definitely won't be using the online companies - these I've looked at are all provided through dentists, just different brands to Invisalign as far as I can tell
Yeah pretty much. Im not sure how much the diff is but the hidden costs would terrify me a little, i liked going to see my dentist too and i know how much im paying and exactly what im receiving, so the extra cost was worth it for me personally. One of the best decisions ive ever made - i love when people compliment my teeth

I just went to my dentist because I’m lazy but I know a few people who’ve had Invisalign and the quote from my dentist was in line with theirs so knew I was getting a fair price. I actually had quick straight teeth but the aligner part of the process is basically the same as Invisalign.

Reactions: 1
I've had to cancel my treatment as I can't afford it, gutted! Hope to do it before I'm 40 at least!

• Heart
I’m at the end of my second set of refinements and my dentist is still not happy with a couple of my teeth. Personally I’m not that arsed, I think they look alright but she was telling me earlier about how she’s got some hack to get invisalign to give you a 3rd set of refinements free of charge lmao. Has anyone else had this? I mean, I trust my dentist completely so whatever she says I’ll go with, but I always thought the max was 2 sets of refinement, unless the treatment has like obviously failed and it’s the fault of invisalign?

I’m 3 days into my Invisalign journey, so far I’m hungry and I have a really bad lisp! But I’m going to trust the process… how is everyone else getting on?

I’m 3 days into my Invisalign journey, so far I’m hungry and I have a really bad lisp! But I’m going to trust the process… how is everyone else getting on?
Trust the process! It gets so much easier and you get used to brushing your teeth all the time haha

im on aligner 6 now, I’m loving the progress so far, my teeth already look sooooo much better I’m excited to see what the rest of the aligners are gonna do to them 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m day 7 & I hate hate hate it!! I’m sure my lisp is getting worse as the days go on. I’m sure it was under estimated (can’t think of the right word) how horrible Invisalign actually is. I hate the feel in my mouth, it’s so much effort having to take it out for eating, I’m so hungry. I just wish I went for fixed, so much less hassle. But hey, one week down - 20 to go 😑

• Heart
Trust the process! It gets so much easier and you get used to brushing your teeth all the time haha

im on aligner 6 now, I’m loving the progress so far, my teeth already look sooooo much better I’m excited to see what the rest of the aligners are gonna do to them 🤣
Ah that’s exciting, happy for you! I keep checking my teeth like… have they moved yet? 🔍👁 but I know I need to be patient 😂 how long do you have them for? I have 14 trays so should be done around mid October
---
I’m day 7 & I hate hate hate it!! I’m sure my lisp is getting worse as the days go on. I’m sure it was under estimated (can’t think of the right word) how horrible Invisalign actually is. I hate the feel in my mouth, it’s so much effort having to take it out for eating, I’m so hungry. I just wish I went for fixed, so much less hassle. But hey, one week down - 20 to go 😑
Yeah I am quite self conscious about mine at the moment! I read that the more you talk, the more your tongue gets used to the Invisalign so you lose the lisp so I am going to talk out loud to myself as much as I can to lose this lisp 🤣 I’m starving and it is a lot of effort but like you say, 1 week down! Fingers crossed it will be worth it!

Last edited:
Ah that’s exciting, happy for you! I keep checking my teeth like… have they moved yet? 🔍👁 but I know I need to be patient 😂 how long do you have them for? I have 14 trays so should be done around mid October
---

Yeah I am quite self conscious about mine at the moment! I read that the more you talk, the more your tongue gets used to the Invisalign so you lose the lisp so I am going to talk out loud to myself as much as I can to lose this lisp 🤣 I’m starving and it is a lot of effort but like you say, 1 week down! Fingers crossed it will be worth it!
I have them 2 weeks each aligner. I have 14 in total + 2 refinements if I want them 🙂 honestly the best thing I ever did! I had a gap between my front teeth and it’s basically gone now 🙂 good luck with your journey!! Also the chewies they give really helped me and chewing ice in my mouth 😂 it made the tight aligners less uncomfortable x

---

The only thing I will say is prepare yourself for the 'adjustments' to be as long as the treatment. My original plan was 15 aligners (2 weeks per aligner) and my adjustments were 13 aligners. I was gutted to begin with. If you prepare for that early, it'll just be a nice surprise if you don't need that many lol.

It is all definitely worth it. I've got about 2 months left of wearing the Vivera aligners all day and then I move to night time only forever. I can't wait to never have to brush my teeth at work again!!!

Reactions: 2
@Miss Begotten i searched for the word “gum graft” and saw you had the procedure. On one of my lower teeth, my gum has recessed so badly and even though my density’s says it wasn’t due to Invisalign (hence tagging you I. This thread) and now having to wear retainers every night forever, but it definitely wasn’t happening before 😩
Please can you tell me a bit more about what you had done? Thank you.

@Miss Begotten i searched for the word “gum graft” and saw you had the procedure. On one of my lower teeth, my gum has recessed so badly and even though my density’s says it wasn’t due to Invisalign (hence tagging you I. This thread) and now having to wear retainers every night forever, but it definitely wasn’t happening before 😩
Please can you tell me a bit more about what you had done? Thank you.
Oh my goodness. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I had Invisalign probably 4 years ago, finished just before Covid. I’ve always had great gums, but I now have gum recession on one of my teeth - upper not lower, only had my top teeth done.
My dentist has prescribed me fluoride toothpaste for the pain which has done the job but I am convinced the gum is still receding. I’d never considered it might have been related but now I am

Oh my goodness. Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I had Invisalign probably 4 years ago, finished just before Covid. I’ve always had great gums, but I now have gum recession on one of my teeth - upper not lower, only had my top teeth done.
My dentist has prescribed me fluoride toothpaste for the pain which has done the job but I am convinced the gum is still receding. I’d never considered it might have been related but now I am
Jesus. Just re read my post and the amount of typos in it 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
It was my nhs dentist that pointed out the recession, though it’s very obvious when you pull my bottom lip down and i wasn’t sure whether to be concerned or not 🙁 I had bonding on my lower teeth and you see where the bonding stops and where my gum has receded and the root of my tooth. I spoke to the dentist where I got the Invisalign treatment (I went elsewhere as my nhs one didn’t do it) and he didn’t say very much. Just to monitor it and don’t brush too hard. I have nightmares about my tooth popping out!

It's one of the known risk factors of Invisalign. It was in the document I had to sign to say I understood all the potential issues.

Mine have definitely receeded unfortunately and I'm hoping they don't worsen any more, or at least as quickly, now I'm only wearing it at night.

I never realised any of this - i got the 6 month smiles and have also experienced gum recession after getting them off

• Sad
Reactions: 3
That's really bad, they don't make it very well known that it can cause recession but seems like it happens a lot? Would you still go through with it again knowing what you know now?

I had no idea it could, it was never made clear to me either - I’d look at alternative options if I was to go through it again, for sure

That's really bad, they don't make it very well known that it can cause recession but seems like it happens a lot? Would you still go through with it again knowing what you know now?
I probably would, but would just be a lot more careful and be looking out for the recession so it coukd have been nipped in the bud earlier