Clear braces

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you all having a permanent wire fixing afterwards? My orthodontist said he doesn’t do them because it makes cleaning between the teeth difficult. But everyone I’ve ever known has one 🤔. Is this a ruse to keep me needing retainers forever more??
I’ve had wires in since I finished my Invisalign so about 2.5 years now. No issues with them so far and I definitely think they’re needed. I don’t wear retainers at all now but reckon my teeth would move without the wires?

Are you all having a permanent wire fixing afterwards? My orthodontist said he doesn’t do them because it makes cleaning between the teeth difficult. But everyone I’ve ever known has one 🤔. Is this a ruse to keep me needing retainers forever more??
I've just had mine fitted. I can still use the interdental brushes. The wire only covers the front six teeth so flossing is still possible for the other teeth. I was also told I'd still need to wear my retainers at night forever though.

Thanks for your replies
I'm only one week in so might ask some more questions at my next appointment

Reactions: 1
Mine originally said he doesn’t do them but now I’m at the end he’s said he’s going to put one on the bottom, but not the top as they’re tricky to fit 🥴 but then said I’ll still need a retainer for top and bottom anyway 🥴🥴

Is anyone wearing one set of retainers at night only and the other 24-7? Due to a debacle with my bottom teeth (didn't have to pay again thankfully!!), I've only just now got my bottom retainers and ended up having a fixed wire fitted too. I've had my top retainers a few weeks already and was wearing aligners with them until I got my new bottom retainers this week. Because of the fixed wire, I only have to wear the bottom retainers at night, but have to wear the top ones all day and night for the first year. Idk whether to just wear both full time until the year is up? It feels so strange having nothing on the bottom and plastic on the top!

Just got my invisalign fitted today! Wish I ate dinner before it cuz I’m starving already 😂 the sensation is very weird, but I’m adjusting quickly 🙂 do you guys use the chewies things? I’m scared I’m gonna swallow it 🤣

• Heart
Just got my invisalign fitted today! Wish I ate dinner before it cuz I’m starving already 😂 the sensation is very weird, but I’m adjusting quickly 🙂 do you guys use the chewies things? I’m scared I’m gonna swallow it 🤣
Good luck with your first couple of weeks! Does it hurt? I'm getting mine next month and keep trying to talk myself out of it ,😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good luck with your first couple of weeks! Does it hurt? I'm getting mine next month and keep trying to talk myself out of it ,😅
Doesn’t hurt :) it feels uncomfortable more than anything and I feel a ‘pressure’ on my teeth. My voice has changed a bit as well 🤣 but it’s not painful really

best of luck!!!

• Heart
I loved the feeling of the chewy. Biting down to make sure they’re on super tight. I was told to use them as much as possible!

• Heart
I’ve just had six month smiles braces fitted and oh my god I’m in so much pain. I only had them fitted on Wednesday and I’m struggling to eat. Someone tells me it gets better please 😭 all I can think of is why on Earth am I doing this

I’ve just had six month smiles braces fitted and oh my god I’m in so much pain. I only had them fitted on Wednesday and I’m struggling to eat. Someone tells me it gets better please 😭 all I can think of is why on Earth am I doing this
It gets much much better, I don’t even feel them in now!

I was due to start my second aligner yesterday but the back of the top one feels a bit “loose” I don’t know how to describe it. Like I can slip my tongue under it, if that makes sense. So I’m going to the dentist today to get it checked out!

The first few days is torture, after that, you'll forget you have them lol. The first tray is the only one that hurt for me personally, mine never hurt again. and I've had over 25 trays

So I was due to start my second aligner yesterday but it doesn’t fit correctly. It’s coming off slightly at the top and my dentist said this is a manufacturing issue, and he rescanned me and is ordering a whole new set of aligners for me. But I have to stay in aligner 1 for the next 2 weeks now 😭😭 has anyone had this before?

He was really nice about it and said it comes under my warranty but I’m just sad about the delay in my treatment

The first few days is torture, after that, you'll forget you have them lol. The first tray is the only one that hurt for me personally, mine never hurt again. and I've had over 25 trays
Honestly I’ve had an awful few days, I’ve been so irritable because I’ve hardly slept, eaten and I’m in pain. I just keep thinking why have I done this to myself… I really
Hope in 6 months time I’ll be glad I did it but right now all I can think is what on Earth have I agreed to put myself through, my teeth weren’t that bad etc!

Bit weird but have any of you kept your used trays? I kind of think “but I might need to repeat the process in 10 years time” but I do appreciate I have hoarding tendencies 🙈

Bit weird but have any of you kept your used trays? I kind of think “but I might need to repeat the process in 10 years time” but I do appreciate I have hoarding tendencies 🙈
Yes 🤣 just in case I need them lol! I put them back in the same packets once I’m done with them x

This is such a good idea I wish I did this 🤣

I've kept my first pair but that's it, I couldn't wait to throw them out once I was done 🤣 I kept the last tray I'd had in when I was still going through the process though just in case I broke them.

Did you all shop around different orthodontists and providers when you looked to get yours? My normal dentist is extremely expensive using Invisalign. I've looked at others local to me who all use different providers (Smile Align, Clear Smile, HDL Aligners etc) and its hard to know what to do. Should I get quotes from them all?