Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Nick is bloody awful! He is acting like a child and how he has manipulated Leanne is utterly disgusting.

Reactions: 12

Maid22

VIP Member
Les, I got 2 jobs, Toyah replies, yeah shovelling muck all day then playing it at night!!
I was never a fan of Toyah when she first appeared, but really like her now!!

• Haha

Catlady1

VIP Member
The Hayley/Roy marriage story line shows how well soaps can reflect issues that will in the long term change our society. The characters reflect the fact that the majority of people believe in love and don’t care what package it comes in but there are and always will be bigots like Les Battersby. Corrie needs to get back to that. Really enjoyed the wedding and the fact they managed to include comedy. Clever!

• Heart

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
My all time favourite Classic Corrie scene.

Betty Turpin and Bet Lynch are on their way to work.

Betty -"Didn't you have your breakfast?'
Bet - "I did, but I only smoked half of it."

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
It’s a minor point…but it’s meant to be Christmas time and Greg is in the Rovers dressed like the man from Del Monte

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I had a few episodes to catch up on so my wee observations:

1. Janice, what were you thinking girl?! I would’ve been out the door with Tractor Boy faster than Emily Bishop going up a tree on the Red Rec!

2. Sopheh has gone rogue!! If she was going to lock anyone in a cupboard, she could’ve started with her dad and told him she’d only let him out if he shaved his beard off.

3. Even the back of Mike’s head nuzzling into Linda gave me the heave.

4. Whose boss is going to let their staff phone Canada for an hour?!

5. I quite like the wee friendship between Gail and Janice.

• Haha
  • Heart

TripleC's

Chatty Member
i'm still behind , ive got to where Des proposes to Sam , in that episode i saw one of the strangest outfits ive seen, not only for 2021 but even for 1998 , Gary turned up looking like a Russian peasant from the 70s :D :D , a Russian furry hat, a yellow jumper and a light blue sleeveless denim jacket that has never been in fashion :D , for a few minutes it looked like the Rovers was somewhere in communist USSR, even Jim looked him up and down as he said "what about yer Gary"

• Haha
  • Heart

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
When Rita confronted Natalie in the back of the Rovers, the episode ended abruptly after Rita said ‘by ‘eck lady…’, I felt there was more to come….
She said: “By hell lady, I’ve met some hard face bitches in my time but you take the bloody gold medal.” ITV3 cut that line out (I presume for the word “bitches”) which is a shame as it’s a great line.

Here’s the original clip

• Heart

Iloveeaster

I know Zoe Tattersall is grieving the death of her child but the wig she is wearing after cutting off her hair is dire & doesn't fit properly, you can see her natural hair strands sticking out.

• Haha

IngressUK

VIP Member
This Deirdre storyline has to be one of the finest of the last 20(ish) years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I’m sure Vicky Entwistle and Jane Danson (Leanne) had an argument on Twitter about something Vicky said about Corrie.

ETA article

Vicky E is right about the quality of the writing, in modern day Corrie.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Good riddance to Greg 'Frank Spencer' Kelly.

Easily one of Corrie's worst villains (as in their portrayal), along with that camp Callum (played by that covid denier Sean Ward) from a couple of years ago.

Both are remembered for the wrong reasons - utter crap. 😆
I didn’t think this recent appearance of Bad Egg Greg showed us Johnny Briggs’ best acting either - he was like something out of Murder She Wrote! Looking at the phone receiver pensively after the call had finished, staring off into yonder at the thought of Alma finding out he’d been doing the horizontal tango with her from Smack the Pony.

The hero we didn’t know we needed in all this Double Denim Kev - even when hoisted up by Mike and Martin, he still gave kicking that front door in a good go. Nobody comes between him and his gerrrrrllls. Except Sally. And Alison. And the garage.

• Haha

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
I can’t stand modern day Corrie, I don’t watch it but see it on occasions if I’m at my mums or something and always think how terrible it is but classic Corrie I’ve been enjoying

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Here’s some screenshots of Michael Crawford’s appearance in yesterday’s 1st episode. He casually walks in and orders a pint 🙂

A6B6BE69-4DEE-4CC6-AD34-E22B019EA9F5.jpeg

10DFCC96-A710-47A5-89A2-0759DF75181D.jpeg

F486B4A9-FF4C-468E-9019-1A9D1968C3E6.jpeg

• Heart