Clarksons Farm - Amazon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone watched it? I've just finished it and although I don't like the man I really enjoyed it. I liked learning a bit about farming etc and Caleb was funny. Would deffo watch the second series.

Reactions: 2
Oh it's amazing.

Watching him genuinely fall in love with farming, even the hard work of it, and the awe he held the experts in was amazing.

It shocked me how much he feel in love with farming and how happy he was.

Reactions: 1
I liked it too surprisingly. Thought it was a lot like how Top Gear used to be in the olden days, lighthearted and silly but still a bit educational. I look at sheep in fields a bit differently now… ‘Oh, that’s why they all have paint on their backs.’ 😯🤭

Oh it's amazing.

Watching him genuinely fall in love with farming, even the hard work of it, and the awe he held the experts in was amazing.

It shocked me how much he feel in love with farming and how happy he was.
Yes and all that hard work and he only made £144 profit. 😳

Yes and all that hard work and he only made £144 profit. 😳
And that's real. For so many farmers, that's why farmers have loved the series so much because of how authentic it was and showing real farming in a way that Countryfile never will.

It's effortlessly shown how hard it is for farmers to make basically no money and how the deserve so much better.

I’m so glad it’s back it’s hilarious. Gerald is my favourite. I love Kaleb though “my son is foreign he was born in Oxford” 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Binged the whole season at the weekend and loved it. I know some of it is embellished for entertainment purposes but it still keeps the charm and is a good reflection of what I know to be farming life for SOME farmers.

Reactions: 3
I'm loving this series again. It shows how difficult it can be for our farmers to make a living. He genuinely cares about people too and the country lane by his own property. When the car park was full and there was a long queue outside, he had two diggers flatten more land immediately to make a bigger car park.

Reactions: 5
I had to rewind a couple of times to try and understand what Gerald was saying. Nope. Still not a clue :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've now finished watching the whole eight episodes and have nothing but admiration for JC now, and all the people who have stayed with him and supported him throughout so many difficulties.

I think the local people and council who have tried to prevent him moving on with his life are jealous busy bodies who are hypocritical idiots, trying to justify their own self importance. I read yesterday that there is a group who are taking the council to task, and I say good for them.

Reactions: 13
Just watching the council planning refusal episode.

The man who hired a London barrister is a NIMBY of the highest level. Totally unacceptable the restaurant was rejected, almost no objections from key parties, as Charlie showed us all, they'd worked to show they'd resolved issues in the application.

And presumably that comment to the barrister about learning to spell is what has caused the news articles about the lawyer being dyslexic and whatever. Well, in my experience dyslexia doesn't necessarily mean you have issues with spelling, but it can, I accept. But also, this top barrister will have people working with him, a computer the report was typed on, there is no excuse for poor spelling in that report if that is what has happened.

Jeremy Clarkson is many things, not all of them good. But he's making a go at the farm, and regardless, any farm or business needs to be run on a financially viable basis, this would've supported not only Diddly Squat, but also other local farms in desperate need of revenue. WODC should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: 9
I don't understand the objections. The amount of tourism he must be bringing to the area. People don't travel hours to just go to the farm and then go home. We are looking at going down the area and will go to Diddly Squat. We will stay in a hotel close by and visit the surrounding areas, surely this is good for the area.

Reactions: 4
I don't understand the objections. The amount of tourism he must be bringing to the area. People don't travel hours to just go to the farm and then go home. We are looking at going down the area and will go to Diddly Squat. We will stay in a hotel close by and visit the surrounding areas, surely this is good for the area.
The nimby local will just have decided he hates Clarkson, and think he is evil. The bit about developing over half the farm, that bit in the barristers report alone should've had it thrown out as a total joke and vendetta.

I had been told to watch this for a long time, have finally gave in and absolutely loved series one and half way through series 2.

There's real compassion and dedication to do good and those that take out against him and his antics in previous years just need to grow up.

I think he's genuinely happy at this and thought the final scene in series 1 was lovely

I had been told to watch this for a long time, have finally gave in and absolutely loved series one and half way through series 2.

There's real compassion and dedication to do good and those that take out against him and his antics in previous years just need to grow up.

I think he's genuinely happy at this and thought the final scene in series 1 was lovely
I agree, I don't think he ever expected to enjoy farming as much as he does, even though it's the hardest work he's ever done, it's gruelling, financially unrewarding and faced with endless red tape. He genuinely seems happy farming and trying to farm well and good for the environment.

Just started watching season 2, my late lovely grandad was a farmer, he never had gadgets to tell you about the corn, it was all down to the weather, and I was very pissed with Jeremy saying kill all the badgers, my grandad never believed tb was spread by badgers, but apart from that, am thoroughly enjoying it!!!

I've now finished watching the whole eight episodes and have nothing but admiration for JC now, and all the people who have stayed with him and supported him throughout so many difficulties.

I think the local people and council who have tried to prevent him moving on with his life are jealous busy bodies who are hypocritical idiots, trying to justify their own self importance. I read yesterday that there is a group who are taking the council to task, and I say good for them.
Especially due to the fact that him not getting planning permission etc affects the neighbouring farms too, who would be selling their produce and meat at the restaurant. I felt so sorry for the woman whose herd got TB and she had to put half of them down.

The bit with the horn burning was difficult to watch, as were the cancerous crisps almost cutting JC's hand off!

Loved watching the calves being born though.

I know JC is a total knob in most circumstances, but he's brilliant in this show.