Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I've now finished watching the whole eight episodes and have nothing but admiration for JC now, and all the people who have stayed with him and supported him throughout so many difficulties.

I think the local people and council who have tried to prevent him moving on with his life are jealous busy bodies who are hypocritical idiots, trying to justify their own self importance. I read yesterday that there is a group who are taking the council to task, and I say good for them.

Reactions: 13

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
All those hundreds of millions of dollars Amazon spent on that Lord of the Rings series, and it was beaten in the UK ratings by a fat old man getting shouted at by everyone for his incompetence and trying to open a restaurant. Love to see it. 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I've just watched the first two episodes. Absolutely love this show. I also want pigs. Love pigs.

I bet Cheerful Charlie never envisaged being a world wide star when he was doing all his farming qualifications ... he probably never thought he'd be known as Cheerful Charlie either. :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely adore Lisa. There is nothing precious about her at all. More than willing ( and more capable) to get stuck in.

Reactions: 11

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’m so glad it’s back it’s hilarious. Gerald is my favourite. I love Kaleb though “my son is foreign he was born in Oxford” 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Kikidoyouloveme

Mini no spoiler, spoiler - omg the last ep, my heart might never recover, even my teen had a lump in their throat !! It’s a different vibe these season for sure , but excellent as always and some of thw cinematography ( think that’s the right word !) exceptional!!

• Sad
Reactions: 10

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Just watching the council planning refusal episode.

The man who hired a London barrister is a NIMBY of the highest level. Totally unacceptable the restaurant was rejected, almost no objections from key parties, as Charlie showed us all, they'd worked to show they'd resolved issues in the application.

And presumably that comment to the barrister about learning to spell is what has caused the news articles about the lawyer being dyslexic and whatever. Well, in my experience dyslexia doesn't necessarily mean you have issues with spelling, but it can, I accept. But also, this top barrister will have people working with him, a computer the report was typed on, there is no excuse for poor spelling in that report if that is what has happened.

Jeremy Clarkson is many things, not all of them good. But he's making a go at the farm, and regardless, any farm or business needs to be run on a financially viable basis, this would've supported not only Diddly Squat, but also other local farms in desperate need of revenue. WODC should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: 9

LandingLips

My husband was watching it and I inadvertently listened in and was so taken by it, I sat down and watched with him. I think it’s a fantastic show and I was never one for Clarkson’s past shows so this was a bit of a revelation for me! I hope they do a second series.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm still working my way through this and really enjoying it though I was furious at the episode I watched last night. It was the one were he's trying to get planning permission for the restaurant.

I was livid that some bloke who is obviously financially stable and secure enough to have the spare cash to spend on a barrister to object gave no thought to the other farmers who would also benefit from Clarkson's idea. That poor dairy farmer. 🤬 🤬

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
I imagine that being a farm vet is very different to being a pet vet 😬 like I’m sure they all want the best for the animals, but they are ultimately being raised for one purpose, and they don’t have to worry about upsetting an emotional owner. I did feel sad for the pig when Jeremy refused to stay with it 🥺
I think sometimes it’s best for the animal that someone close to them is not there crying as it can stress them out. When I had to have my horse PTS, I couldn’t be with him. He was PTS by gun as he was needle phobic and I didn’t want to stress him as I struggled to maintain composure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

stardust1

VIP Member
Episode 4 is so sad. The vet seemed a bit laxy but I suppose what was filmed could have been chopped and changed slightly. Kaleb seemed a bit off this time around I get Jeremy must be a nightmare but his comment about he’d rather put the Christmas lights up with his friends seemed a bit uncalled for.
When the vet said ‘times up’ to the pig😳😳😳

• Sad

Mookiegoose

Ive not a clue what he says in any of the episodes 🤣🤣
Neither do Amazon subtitles - I tried putting them on the other day and it just comes up as 'indistinct speech'. Reminds me of the fella in Hot Fuzz with all the weaponry in his barn.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm still working my way through this and really enjoying it though I was furious at the episode I watched last night. It was the one were he's trying to get planning permission for the restaurant.

I was livid that some bloke who is obviously financially stable and secure enough to have the spare cash to spend on a barrister to object gave no thought to the other farmers who would also benefit from Clarkson's idea. That poor dairy farmer. 🤬 🤬
That vendetta he has against Clarkson, absolutely no thought or care about the other farmers. Just hates Clarkson and has too much time and money on their hands, and definitely shops at Lidl refusing to pay fair money for food even though we all know supermarkets are constantly screwing farmers.

yellowmellow

VIP Member
Lisa's great, she really shone in these 4 episodes. Kaleb seemed a bit like he didn't want to be there, but (and I might be wrong here) I did think he had his own farm? Or at least his own sheep to look after/other work to do for himself? Maybe he didn't really have time for all these shenanigans, but felt he couldn't let the show down. I haven't read his books and don't much about him so I could be wrong. I am dying to know how much Charlie is being paid to be a part of the show and keep turning up at all these random times and places... Land agents don't come cheap 😆

Reactions: 7

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Can you imagine what Cheerful Charlie has to know? The rules and regulations are unbelievable. He seems to cover everything.

Reactions: 7

nbt

VIP Member
Watched the first four episodes tonight. I know this is the reality but I wish that wasn’t the last episode we’d watched for a week 😭

Those poor little piggies 😢 I’m sure with the sheep(?) they’d had ultrasounds and all sorts. Seems a big difference that the pigs basically fend for themselves when giving birth.

Reactions: 6

yellowmellow

VIP Member
i was so shocked by that! I guess that’s where he’s lucky to have other income streams, other farmers might not be so lucky 😞
It's pretty clear he is fortunate enough to have an "endless" pot of money but a lot (not all) of other farmers do diversify too. Our actual farm makes no money but we have rental properties, events, other shepherds pay to graze their sheep on our land. Some have liveries. It's not all doom and gloom. I can't get over how much I really enjoyed this show and hope there will be a second series.

Maid22

VIP Member
I felt so sorry for that Dairy farmer too, saw online that a viewer set up a go fund me for her, last I saw they'd raised £34,000, she's going to give some of it to the farmers benevolent fund.

• Heart