Chupi Sweetman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t logged on in a while and so many posts I want to quote! Yup she definitely was really indulged from birth, to think she was so special. I’m happy to be a run of the mill mother and career woman because I am where I am on my own merit and hard work. I’m also happy that my husband buys most of my jewellery for me because it made it less of a sickener when I opened the chupi packaging to see the disappointing contents.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Haven’t logged on in a while and so many posts I want to quote! Yup she definitely was really indulged from birth, to think she was so special. I’m happy to be a run of the mill mother and career woman because I am where I am on my own merit and hard work. I’m also happy that my husband buys most of my jewellery for me because it made it less of a sickener when I opened the chupi packaging to see the disappointing contents.
Did your oh so special and unique story of your husband picking out the jewellery make it onto her page?

Reactions: 1
She said on a recent story that she got 'very kind' (lol) offers to buy the Chupi business, but she said if she sold it, what would she do then? And that she wants to stay in the 'business of hope'. What on earth does that mean? It is super creepy and neo-liberal bs packaged in a sickly pink bow.

The most frustrating thing is that she sees herself as some kind of revolutionary, coming from a line of revolutionary women, and pink-washes everything. She thinks somehow she is making this huge feminist impact by selling overpriced jewellery to materialistic, basic women and their partners, and still pushes the sexist narrative that a man should buy a stupid expensive diamond engagement ring? But in reality, she was born into huge wealth with massive connections, and runs a bog standard jewellery business with completely overly inflated prices that are totally unaffordable, doesn't pay her workers well and doesn't have space for them to progress, while she makes millions and makes her not-so-cutesy corporate investors happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't get the stories from today "So many people told me to wait"...that Aya wont understand the tree and gifts. So is putting up Christmas tree and giving presents only for those with children? She comes across like one of those people that think no one else has had a child before she did.

I genuinely thought that it was a pregnancy annoucement when she said "do many people told me to wait"

I also found it a bit distasteful when I saw the family photo session has chupi gift boxes etc and is on the company instagram page advertising the brand. While I do like to know a bit about a company's history and how it was formed I find the over sharing of personal photos etc on the company's social media unprofessional. I also think it's a bit cheap. We get headshots and work photos done fairly regularly and I cant imagine our CEO using it as an excuse for a family photo session or sharing them on the company's social media for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I don't get the stories from today "So many people told me to wait"...that Aya wont understand the tree and gifts. So is putting up Christmas tree and giving presents only for those with children? She comes across like one of those people that think no one else has had a child before she did.

I genuinely thought that it was a pregnancy annoucement when she said "do many people told me to wait"

I also found it a bit distasteful when I saw the family photo session has chupi gift boxes etc and is on the company instagram page advertising the brand. While I do like to know a bit about a company's history and how it was formed I find the over sharing of personal photos etc on the company's social media unprofessional. I also think it's a bit cheap. We get headshots and work photos done fairly regularly and I cant imagine our CEO using it as an excuse for a family photo session or sharing them on the company's social media for that matter.
Everything she posts is so dramatic and made out to be some sort of radical statement when it is the most mundane thing.
The family thing is part of her marketing which works extremely well as the audience is very basic. She is connecting these fluffy emotions with her brand and it works a charm, and possibly more so now that she has a kid. She also goes on a lot about her 'grandchildren' which is a bit of an assumption, considering many people are deciding not to have kids, and I'd imagine far more in Aya's generation will not, especially with climate change.

She said on a recent story that she got 'very kind' (lol) offers to buy the Chupi business, but she said if she sold it, what would she do then? And that she wants to stay in the 'business of hope'. What on earth does that mean? It is super creepy and neo-liberal bs packaged in a sickly pink bow.

The most frustrating thing is that she sees herself as some kind of revolutionary, coming from a line of revolutionary women, and pink-washes everything. She thinks somehow she is making this huge feminist impact by selling overpriced jewellery to materialistic, basic women and their partners, and still pushes the sexist narrative that a man should buy a stupid expensive diamond engagement ring? But in reality, she was born into huge wealth with massive connections, and runs a bog standard jewellery business with completely overly inflated prices that are totally unaffordable, doesn't pay her workers well and doesn't have space for them to progress, while she makes millions and makes her not-so-cutesy corporate investors happy.
#girlboss

Reactions: 2
Ok, so I know very little about Selling Sunset... but I’d say she’s pleased as punch with how much they spent in her shop 🤮 I debated spending money on a bath mat today... 😐

Reactions: 4
Ok, so I know very little about Selling Sunset... but I’d say she’s pleased as punch with how much they spent in her shop 🤮 I debated spending money on a bath mat today... 😐
I was surprused to see she posted it on the Chupi insta page. I had seen it on Mary's page. I thought Selling Sunset would be beneath Chupi as it is too mainstream!

Surprised she’s so comfortable using her child’s image as part of the brand. Esp considering her husband rarely features.

She drives me mad. I remember when she found out she was pregnant, she said she couldn't wait to be a family - thought that was massively insulting to her hubby.

Just seeing her stories now - when she was in bellinter house, she was in the bar and had the baby monitor on? With the baby in the hotel room? Seems strange, no?

• Wow
  • Heart
Did they buy them though? I would think it would be a HUGE marketing opportunity to get them to visit the shop..

Reactions: 2
She drives me mad. I remember when she found out she was pregnant, she said she couldn't wait to be a family - thought that was massively insulting to her hubby.

Just seeing her stories now - when she was in bellinter house, she was in the bar and had the baby monitor on? With the baby in the hotel room? Seems strange, no?
Sorry, I don’t understand this. Can you please explain?

It is so bizarre. Like anyone could be staying in the hotel. I know she could be justifying it, saying it's like a big house, but it's not. It is a business open to members of the public.

I am shocked that they would do this! Whether its a small hotel or more of a country home that is open to guests I think its completely unjustifiable.

I see she is advertising her cousins business and they are doing a showcase in their family place which just so happens to be a castle! It is very apparent that Chupi comes from money and is very unaware of the privilege she comes from.

• Heart