Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh they sound like so much hassle, I am getting so sick of my Christmas tree as it’s a ‘flocked’ one and I hate the snowy bits on it 😂 I would love a realistic artificial one but they are way too expensive for something I will see for 4 weeks out of the year.
They are really nice but they are definitely delicate lol an do take some work an with my parents having young kids at the time it was better just to have artificial since those can be forgotten about once up an it didn't matter if little hands wanted to pull on the branches

The one we have we ended up getting after new year, it was around £75 but got marked down to I think around £50 after Xmas an my mum had saved up those tesco club card points so we had vouchers and in the end we paid around £20, I'd say maybe look out after Xmas for a tree since most get marked down an they do last a good amount of years, ours is now probably going on around 6 or 7 years now an still looks as good, we kept it's box an when it's coming down just fold it back up an into its box

Reactions: 3
They are really nice but they are definitely delicate lol an do take some work an with my parents having young kids at the time it was better just to have artificial since those can be forgotten about once up an it didn't matter if little hands wanted to pull on the branches

The one we have we ended up getting after new year, it was around £75 but got marked down to I think around £50 after Xmas an my mum had saved up those tesco club card points so we had vouchers and in the end we paid around £20, I'd say maybe look out after Xmas for a tree since most get marked down an they do last a good amount of years, ours is now probably going on around 6 or 7 years now an still looks as good, we kept it's box an when it's coming down just fold it back up an into its box
The one i have is also from Tesco I bought after new year, think it was around the same price as yours. Might have to put up with it for one more year then hopefully find a new one on the January sales! 🤞🏼

The one i have is also from Tesco I bought after new year, think it was around the same price as yours. Might have to put up with it for one more year then hopefully find a new one on the January sales! 🤞🏼
Good luck, I can't confirm 100% but I've heard that around January 12th is when things go to around their lowest price if they still have the stock, I can't remeber when we got ours but it was definitely around mid January

Reactions: 1
I have a few questions about real Christmas trees as we’ve always used an artificial tree.

How long do they last on average and do you have to buy a pot to put it in? how do you get it from the place you buy from and what do you do with it after Christmas? Because I drive a tiny car and no way would a Christmas tree fit in it 😂
We had a real tree from B&Q one year, proper nightmare, got to keep watering it and all the needles went everywhere! (and the cat kept trying to wee on it but she is a bit weird) it smelt really nice though? bit like nectarines
Idk how people can be bothered having a real one each year, felt like i was constantly hoovering

Reactions: 4
I have a few questions about real Christmas trees as we’ve always used an artificial tree.

How long do they last on average and do you have to buy a pot to put it in? how do you get it from the place you buy from and what do you do with it after Christmas? Because I drive a tiny car and no way would a Christmas tree fit in it 😂
I usually just give the fella at the Christmas tree farm an extra £5 and he’ll deliver it.
You can buy pots from Amazon that are quite cheap. Last years lasted quite well I think it was going onto week 3/4 when it got collected by the bin men (It can go in your garden waste bin). Some places also collect for a donation to charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We had a real tree from B&Q one year, proper nightmare, got to keep watering it and all the needles went everywhere! (and the cat kept trying to wee on it but she is a bit weird) it smelt really nice though? bit like nectarines
Idk how people can be bothered having a real one each year, felt like i was constantly hoovering
We have a real one very year. A cut tree rather than in a pot and rarely get any needles drop.

It is only when I take the decorations down, and I'm not careful as I know it is only going to be chopped up, that needles start coming off

Reactions: 2
I got my youngest sister a minature one from bloom &Wild the previous year. They are small enough to come through the letter box in the post and they also sell larger ones now too. The tiny one can be replanted but she killed it by putting him near a radiator. :cautious:

Last edited:
We only ever have a real Christmas tree. My parents garden has 7 of then in it that we planted out after Christmas as kids and then they carried on growing, one is about 16ft tall now. My mum makes my dad put outdoor fairy lights on then in December and it is magical.

I don't find them annoying, you cannot beat the smell of a real tree. I love going out to the farm with the children and picking a tree or two, it is my favourite part of Christmas. Most tree farms will deliver if you cannot get it home yourself, then it depends if it is cut or in a pot with roots how you look after it.

This question was posted before but wasn't answered.

What nibbles/treats will everyone be purchasing to enjoy over Christmas? Crisp and nut suggestions welcome as I'm more savoury than sweet 😋 I do like a Christmas Colin from M&S though! I've got that on order already

Reactions: 6

What nibbles/treats will everyone be purchasing to enjoy over Christmas? Crisp and nut suggestions welcome as I'm more savoury than sweet 😋 I do like a Christmas Colin from M&S though! I've got that on order already
(disclaimer before posting this: I'm vegan so 1. you'll to have to adjust this to your own life and 2. the products will be but I cba type vegan before everything 🤣 )

I will probably just buy poppadoms and mango chutney (my top fav), sausage rolls (not sure that counts as a nibble?), Pringles, pizza, those 5 for £1 sweets supermarket own (not a sweet person so wont spend a lot as they will be there for ages), some praline truffles, cupcakes, some biscuits (always have biscuits for breakfast on xmas day... no idea why that is), loads of fruit cause I love a fruit salad at Christmas (is that weird? it might be), and I usually buy a vegan selection box online for myself

• Heart
Reactions: 6

nuts - roasted & salted peanuts, pistachios, wasabi nuts etc
Crisps - Pringles, kettle chips, Doritos
Chocolates- the usual selection boxes, matchmakers, chocolate oranges etc
Mince pies
Mini xmas cakes (the ones with marzipan & icing)
Cheese boards - alllllllll the cheese, biscuits, grapes, various chutney and pickles
Picked onions

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I have some Stilton crisps from lidl which I swing in between looking forward to and feeling a bit icky about 🥴 and a big slab of serrano ham with knife and board (also lidl) cannot wait to start on that lol

For me it's things that we had when I was little

Proper pork pie from butchers
Pickled onions
Those really dry snack trays with like 8 segments of different pretzels 😄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ooh nibble inspo. Love it. Here’s some things we have every year

cheese straws/crackers/cheeseboard/chutney
crisps. Lots of them, normally tyrells and Pringles
Dips and carrot/cucumber
My kids love mini scotch eggs and cocktail sausages
Never ending chocolate

This is making me hungry.
we always have a box of benedicts bitter mints open on the table. Pigs in blankets are usually a snack on their own in the run up rather than on Christmas Day. All the cheese and port pate from Sainsbury. Love a cheesy football or two but usually don’t bother as I’m the only one who eats them. Bag of nuts - very important so stave off the sugar high. Salted and roasted peanuts. I’ll usually make some peppermint bark for people to grab when they come over- that always works a treat.

Loving reading the nibbles inspo... drooling 😋😛🤤😄 I can feel the indigestion from here 🤣

One of my xmas must haves is those honey salted cashew nuts that are about 1000 cals for a small pack 😍

I really like the chocolate covered biscuits that the shops only seem to get in at Xmas lol, it's like a cheap variety pack for £3, also we usually have a gingerbread house on the go as well we eat away at, I also get umiabo from amazon just before Xmas, amazing little noodle shaped crisps, really helpful if you are craving some crisps but don't want a pack of them

Reactions: 2

Food that I would buy for the days around Christmas Day are-
Gammon joint to make a honey roast Boxing Day ham, tiger baguette, lots of cheeses, chutneys, jams, crackers, lurpak, sensations, pringles, selection of dips, chicken satays, mini pork pies. Sweet foods I would buy are tin of celebrations and heroes, mince pies, forrero rocher, wine gums, jelly, vanilla ice cream.
We always have Beef Wellington on Christmas Day and have a second Christmas dinner around the 28th/29th when we visit my family and have a turkey dinner.

• Heart
I saw this on Facebook and thought of this thread.
This is great. I text my sister last night telling her that maybe we should leave presents this year for each other, but I’ll still buy her kids something. She wasn’t happy about getting one less present 😆 I’m struggling this year, I’m not gonna lie. I’m out of inspiration but also money.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.