Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it's September 30th, what Christmassy stuff have you already seen creeping in to shops, tv and media etc?

I've noticed the chocolates are changing in supermarkets, they've kind of skipped Halloween in some places and already gone for the festive ones. Thankfully not noticed anything on TV yet but no doubt the Coca Cola ad will be making an appearance soon

Reactions: 5
I am so excited for Christmas this year. I think after last year was so limited I just can’t wait to spend time with my family and friends. I might have already watched the Gavin and Stacey Christmas specials too 😂

The supermarkets near me have started stocking festive things. I keep accidentally buying the stollen bites from M&S.

Reactions: 14
I am so excited for Christmas this year. I think after last year was so limited I just can’t wait to spend time with my family and friends. I might have already watched the Gavin and Stacey Christmas specials too 😂

The supermarkets near me have started stocking festive things. I keep accidentally buying the stollen bites from M&S.
Love Gavin & Stacey xmas special but the 2008 one. I'm off to M&S later to have a look and buy some of their xmas goodies.

Reactions: 6
Love Gavin & Stacey xmas special but the 2008 one. I'm off to M&S later to have a look and buy some of their xmas goodies.
Yes that is deffo the best one! When Smithy is singing Band Aid in the car I get all the festive feels.

Reactions: 12
Christmas confectionery deals started in Tesco the week before back to school “deals” did 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I noticed last year that I love Christmas and I realised that it's cause I don't work in retail anymore 🤣
praise the baby Jesus himself!
totally different thread but are we allowed to say “him”
How woke is the nativity story these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
praise the baby Jesus himself!
totally different thread but are we allowed to say “him”
How woke is the nativity story these days.
side note on that: do schools still do the nativity? Is that still a thing? My school used to make up their own so we never did it

side note on that: do schools still do the nativity? Is that still a thing? My school used to make up their own so we never did it
I did hear they do “Christmas concerts” instead now.

its sad we don’t get to have our off springs acting out the story of Mary having it off with the milkman and then trying to convince Joseph that even though they hadn’t had sex in months….
it’s his baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got some Xmas cards in the works last week and today there was a bit of a display in Poundland. I think it’s taken over from what was the gardening stuff. I got some of those stick on present labels so much easier than messing about with tags lol.

I've now noticed a few bars are putting signs up for people to book for work parties etc. Also the shopping channels are al over it

Just booked my works Christmas meal! Been looking at decorations as we have moved since last year and now have a huge living room and lovely fireplace to decorate…oh and a lovely Labrador puppy who will love destroying it all!

Reactions: 7
I’ve seen a Christmas advert but it was for Studio so not sure that counts because it’s for spreading the cost in advance.. 😐

Reactions: 2
This time last year I'd finished shopping, this year I'm only just starting - I have eaten a copious amount of mince pies though.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.