Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have bought some things for the Christmas food cupboard- Tesco had boxes of quality street & roses on offer the other day so got some of those and also a few boxes of biscuits, also got some nice christmas napkins/table cloths and have bought some candles & table decorations 🎄🎄🎄🎅🏽🎅🏽🎅🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I usually love Christmas and go overboard with presents but I'm really not in the spirit this year think it's because I'm skint 😆, decided I'm not doing a roast and just getting snacky bits. Have been buying some presents today though (God bless Klarna)

Reactions: 4
I have finished my shopping bar 1 item which doesn't come out until November. I prefer to shop when it's quieter as I hate the Christmas rush and I'm quite lucky as only a few people to buy for

Reactions: 5
I’ve started to buy a few things to. Ordered my teen some wide plate ghds, styling brush and carry case and ordered a heated electric throw for my mum. Have cleared a shelf in the kitchen for the Christmas goodies 😊. Don’t want to be all last minute and not able to get stuff. Equally, don’t want to pay more than I have to.

Reactions: 2
OH is refusing to let me buy mince pies. I've started thinking about my gift list, not made any progress with it yet.

Reactions: 1
Ooooh I've found my people - bloody love Christmas. Fav thing to do is the decorating. I've started my shopping too and booked to take kiddos for breakfast with santa and on a santa steam special. Pic of my smallest two last year after the main tree was up
tree.jpg
:love:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I flippin love Christmas. Already bought some prezzies and some food. Made a list of M&S food to order. Looking forward to Black Friday to buy more prezzies. Will be writing Xmas cards in a couple of weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I've received a Boots Xmas catalogue through the post. Must mean Xmas is coming 😀. Glad they're still selling 3 for 2. Good offers about.

I'll also be shopping in The Perfume Shop for a few gorgeous smellies.

Reactions: 4
Eaten a couple of boxes of mince pies already…ordered the turkey, got the crisps, chocolates and snack bits oh and the Christmas puddings.

Reactions: 3
I got a pack of these from Asda before:

1633794048588.jpeg

They smell amazing 🤩 definitely recommend.

Reactions: 8
I've received a Boots Xmas catalogue through the post. Must mean Xmas is coming 😀. Glad they're still selling 3 for 2. Good offers about.

I'll also be shopping in The Perfume Shop for a few gorgeous smellies.
I picked up the Boots xmas mag today.

Reactions: 1
I already have some gifts for my niece (4) and nephew (18 months) that I was going to send them this summer but either had no time or no money or both! I have ideas for the children I nanny, and the 9 year-old girl has made some suggestions. If I can find what I need over here in France, I’ll make the family an English Christmas hamper, as there are a couple of Marks and Spencer food halls near me as well as a WH Smith’s that has a small selection of British goodies! We will probably do a Secret Santa/Mystery Midwinter/Undercover Christmas gift swap ( my sister decided calling it Secret Santa was cheesy, so we came up with alternative names!) in order to not overspend/bring a suitcase full of presents over from France to the UK. I am really excited, as last Christmas, it was just me, my mum and my dad, the year before that there were train strikes and so I spent Christmas with family friends so I haven’t seen either of my sisters, their husbands and offspring as well as my aunt, uncle, cousins and their progeny either for 2 years, at least, and have not yet even met my nephew, who was born in April 2020! I am so excited for a proper family Christmas!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I already have some gifts for my niece (4) and nephew (18 months) that I was going to send them this summer but either had no time or no money or both! I have ideas for the children I nanny, and the 9 year-old girl has made some suggestions. If I can find what I need over here in France, I’ll make the family an English Christmas hamper, as there are a couple of Marks and Spencer food halls near me as well as a WH Smith’s that has a small selection of British goodies! We will probably do a Secret Santa/Mystery Midwinter/Undercover Christmas gift swap ( my sister decided calling it Secret Santa was cheesy, so we came up with alternative names!) in order to not overspend/bring a suitcase full of presents over from France to the UK. I am really excited, as last Christmas, it was just me, my mum and my dad, the year before that there were train strikes and so I spent Christmas with family friends so I haven’t seen either of my sisters, their husbands and offspring as well as my aunt, uncle, cousins and their progeny either for 2 years, at least, and have not yet even met my nephew, who was born in April 2020! I am so excited for a proper family Christmas!
We started a charity shop Christmas secret santa a few years ago - £5 budget, the whackier the item the better! I got my brother in law a bedside table XD

• Haha
So excited for Christmas this year (to be fair I always love it!) my son is turning 3 soon so this year is the first year he’ll really know what’s going on. Just so excited!!

We’re celebrating Halloween first though, honestly any excuse to celebrate these days I jump on.

• Heart
I don’t know how some of you can buy chocs for Christmas now, mine wouldn’t last!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.