Christmas watch 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some more online bits I ordered came today. I wrote my list of people to buy for and it comes to 25 :( some will just be a token present! We have a wedding to attend so I've got to get outfits sorted for that and then youngest 2 birthday are a week apart in November... so must get cracking xx

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Some more online bits I ordered came today. I wrote my list of people to buy for and it comes to 25 :( some will just be a token present! We have a wedding to attend so I've got to get outfits sorted for that and then youngest 2 birthday are a week apart in November... so must get cracking xx
25 people?? I don't even know 25 people 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
mums just asked me what i want for christmas, absolutley no idea, been so focused on sorting others out + other life stuff i havent even thought about it! theres nothing i paticuarly want/need? last year she just ended up paying off my overdraft for me

• Heart
Someone brought mince pies into work the other week. I've genuinely never seen shops selling them in September before. Is it unusual or have I just been walking around supermarkets with my eyes shut in previous years?

Someone brought mince pies into work the other week. I've genuinely never seen shops selling them in September before. Is it unusual or have I just been walking around supermarkets with my eyes shut in previous years?
I nearly bought some Mince pies today but I didn't have any cream and couldn't be bothered to walk back to the fridge aisle to get some. :giggle:

Reactions: 4
mums just asked me what i want for christmas, absolutley no idea, been so focused on sorting others out + other life stuff i havent even thought about it! theres nothing i paticuarly want/need? last year she just ended up paying off my overdraft for me
Yeah mine asked me what I want for Christmas as well the other day. I just say I'm 31 and really don't care anymore (in a bit of a nicer way lol)

• Haha
tbf they're usually not on that specific Christmas shelf that hits you in the face when you enter the store

Reactions: 1
25 people?? I don't even know 25 people 🤣
We have a close relationship with extended family on my mams side and husband has a big family. We don't buy for adults anymore on husbands side just the kids... stopped buying for my friends' kids and agreed with them we will just take the kids out somewhere instead. Stopped buying for my cousins kids on my dads side...I don't know how to cut it down anymore without offending everyone xx

We have a close relationship with extended family on my mams side and husband has a big family. We don't buy for adults anymore on husbands side just the kids... stopped buying for my friends' kids and agreed with them we will just take the kids out somewhere instead. Stopped buying for my cousins kids on my dads side...I don't know how to cut it down anymore without offending everyone xx
Are you not all in the same situation though? Does each kid really need (insert number) extra presents that realistically they don't need. Sounds like so much hassle and expense.

*Not hating on you at all. I just hate the consumerism Christmas has become. Totally get that some love it.

Reactions: 7
Our local Beefeater restaurant has a Christmas tree up and decorations behind the bar. Absolutely ridiculous!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I've started shopping, bought lots for my little 2, but really struggling with my teens. I'm usually quite organised and am always done by the end of Nov, but I've no idea. Only buy for our kids and then our parents. We stopped with all the extras a few years ago as it felt pointless and wasteful.

Are you not all in the same situation though? Does each kid really need (insert number) extra presents that realistically they don't need. Sounds like so much hassle and expense.

*Not hating on you at all. I just hate the consumerism Christmas has become. Totally get that some love it.
I totally get what you mean, most of the people we buy for are token gifts because they buy for the children (so mainly adults despite our nieces and nephews) and despite insisting they still love to buy the kids, so as much as I don't reciprocate in same amount of cost etc. I do buy something little and thoughtful or the kids will make something, we will do homemade cookies and biscuits. The trimming down of excess for kids I've done as far as I possibly can. We don't even buy a huge amount for our own kids anymore because they are very fortunate to have lots of people that choose to buy for them (they'll get a main present off santa but a lot of the little bits and pieces I don't do anymore). Well one down, we've asked the kids godmother to come along with us on the santa steam train special we are doing and paid for her ticket as her Xmas present... she's happy with that too and I know she'll love being there with the kids xx

I appreciate you weren't hating 🥰.

Ive started buying for my own children as Asda had an amazing toy sale, also got them a hoody each from a small buisness, brought my 2 middle nephews a go ape nets experience as buy a gift had a sale, brought chocolates for the teachers as morrisons had a offer and have got a duck in Asda reduced to £6! Basically if it's not on a offer I'm buying it haha!

Noticed on facebook a lot of the local Cafes are advertising 'Christmas Eve boxes'. Probably aiming to make a last little killing before it all shuts down for Xmas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.