Chit Chat

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My male bestie who lives in the same building knocked on my door and asked me to help him today.

He told me that he kept running into a girl, met her at the library and then the food store. That he knew her from before and recently she kept messaging him asking for small favours like wanting to come over use his laptop as her's wasn't working. 🥴

He told her to come in 15 mins. I was friendly but she wasn't happy to see me there too. I made up crap that he still owed me money from when we stayed at the hotel together and were we going cycling tomorrow?

She left quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My male bestie who lives in the same building knocked on my door and asked me to help him today.

He told me that he kept running into a girl, met her at the library and then food store. That he knew her from before and recently she kept messaging him asking for small favours like wanting to come over use his laptop as her's wasn't working. 🥴

He told her to come in 15 mins. She wasn't happy to see me there too. I made up crap that he still owed me money from when we stayed at the hotel together.

She left quickly.
wait - is she laying it on incredibly thick with him?! also are you in uni halls, can't she use the library computers? I haven't been out in the real world in 3+ months I don't know what's open or not! x

Reactions: 1
wait - is she laying it on incredibly thick with him?! also are you in uni halls, can't she use the library computers? I haven't been out in the real world in 3+ months I don't know what's open or not! x
Yep clear into him vibes.

We live in uni accommodation and he's on the same floor as me, but we're in the CZ so haven't been hit as bad as the UK. We were also in lock down longer but everything now is pretty much the same as it was before.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
For seeds:

I've heard of this site but I just bought from the supermarket.

No love no lynching here.

As long as they're comfortable that's all that matters and I say that as someone with back pain.
Thank you! I like this thread too! I think I might have to give up work and looking after my family to keep up with this all though 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
I keep meaning to thank you for your ice lolly advice, I’ve been addicted! I re organised the freezer today to make it easier to replenish my supply...
Oh ice lolly advice...I can’t get enough of mini milks at the moment...though there’s been a mass shortage at our local supermarket. Weird mid-pregnancy craving - my partner randomly found some when he went to the post office yesterday and stocked me up!

• Heart
Oh ice lolly advice...I can’t get enough of mini milks at the moment...though there’s been a mass shortage at our local supermarket. Weird mid-pregnancy craving - my partner randomly found some when he went to the post office yesterday and stocked me up!
Are you preggers too Eddie?

mucho congratso!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s so funny @rainbowlemon she must have been gutted!! Sounds like you’re a good mate though 💪🏻💪🏻
Yeah I knew he was a keeper when he came around with food last year ( random items like canned meat, black olives, dates ) when I wasn't feeling great. He also checks up on me in his words "to see if I'm still alive" when I don't message or answer my door when I'm in a phase.

You totally blocked her 😂
Does your friend not fancy her?
Without being mean I could tell she wasn't his type.

Are you preggers too Eddie?

mucho congratso!!
Yay congrats! Another baby- possible name suggestions:

Ottile
Delilah
Forrest
Max
Buddy
Bear
Bus shelter
Fanta
A something 12

I might be confused but which insta mum name her kid something like Zowy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ace!
did you mix it with water or lemonade?
omg lemonade first but it was a tastebud sensation - I could still taste the fizz?! I’ve since moved to water and love them, I love the crunch I think it must be a pregnancy thing? I’m hoping it’s not too bad for you, I probably do 80% juice 20% water? It has to be better than shop bought surely?

Omg I used to LOVE those as a kid! We’ve been braver with going out the house & we had a picnic in a park last night (late so there was just an outdoor gym class going on and some kids playing basketball both super far away so it felt safe) and I wished so bad we could go into a shop and buy a cornetto!! It’s not worth the risk / we’ve come this far I suppose but post birth #goals definitely!!

Yeah I knew he was a keeper when he came around with food last year ( random items like canned meat, black olives, dates ) when I wasn't feeling great. He also checks up on me in his words "to see if I'm still alive" when I don't message or answer my door when I'm in a phase.

Without being mean I could tell she wasn't his type.

Yay congrats! Another baby- possible name suggestions:

Ottile
Delilah
Forrest
Max
Buddy
Bear
Bus shelter
Fanta
A something 12

I might be confused but which insta mum name her kid something like Zowy?
Thank you, and @Pocahontas too...will bear those names in mind, especially A something 12!

@heretoreaditall2019 definitely post birth goals, unless you’re pulling up the draw bridge a la MOD?!

@Pocahontas we do a weekly zoom quiz with my fiancé’s uni mates - they like it all to be very serious/highbrow so when we were quiz masters I brought it down a notch or two. We had a round on Ikea or Swear and Ikea or Chair, we did an intros round of playing 5-10seconds of old TV themes, then rounds on random things like the Simpsons before a final round or ‘Will it float?’. Plus I made them all get up to go find random objects ahead of each round - not a classics question in sight!

• Heart
Well it sounds like you did your friend a service then 😆

I have this group of male friends from uni (my course was very male-heavy) and they are SUCH film geeks (even more than me)

anyway they do a weekly zoom quiz and I join .. I really love quizzes - have been doing some with the school mums - but ones with the lads are on another level of geekery. I’m going to have rack my brains for some really hard, Obscure questions to stump them!
You could always ask questions about Twilight. Strong broody Edward Cullen xD (I didn't get past the first page and haven't seen the movies).

• Haha
I don't mean to bring the tone of tattle down with such a mumsnet question, but just had a domestic over farting in front of me (it's been going on a while now and I can't deal with the smell in pregnancy) - AIBU to think it's bleeping disgusting? do your husbands do this too? like a fart is literally poo why would you sit on the sofa and do one?

Well it sounds like you did your friend a service then 😆

I have this group of male friends from uni (my course was very male-heavy) and they are SUCH film geeks (even more than me)

anyway they do a weekly zoom quiz and I join .. I really love quizzes - have been doing some with the school mums - but ones with the lads are on another level of geekery. I’m going to have rack my brains for some really hard, Obscure questions to stump them!

anyway, tl;dr: my uni mates realllly cheer me up, even over zoom. I’m really glad you have a good friend who checks up on you and brings you olives and dates! ❤

Yep it’s nice and refreshing with water - sounds like a good mix - and to be honest not at all as bad as ice lollies you can buy - like I bet there’s loads of additives / sugar in most?
When I was pregnant with my second i was obsessed with sorbet (which is bad for you sugar wise) as definitely needed that sweet / crunchy / coldness to take away the weird metallic taste some nights / acid reflux the other nights!!
Why don’t you get a cornetto multipack on your next delivery shop? Take to park in a cool box?
YES! Also the acid reflux is such a weird thing - thankfully I've only had it a few occasions (I've heard it can be really bad for some women?) but it feels so very alien. I love the crunch, I'm waiting for mine to fully set and cannot wait. I'd guess 2/3 lollies = 1 glass of OJ? Also this is gross but fruit juice is really good for constipation so I'm pretty much labelling them a health food.

Also cornettos SCANDALOUSLY have been sold out on Ocado since lockdown?!! Tbh all ice creams in cones / ice lollies have been it's how I got desperate enough to attempt them - didn't think they'd be so good so thank you <3

Thank you, and @Pocahontas too...will bear those names in mind, especially A something 12!

@heretoreaditall2019 definitely post birth goals, unless you’re pulling up the draw bridge a la MOD?!

@Pocahontas we do a weekly zoom quiz with my fiancé’s uni mates - they like it all to be very serious/highbrow so when we were quiz masters I brought it down a notch or two. We had a round on Ikea or Swear and Ikea or Chair, we did an intros round of playing 5-10seconds of old TV themes, then rounds on random things like the Simpsons before a final round or ‘Will it float?’. Plus I made them all get up to go find random objects ahead of each round - not a classics question in sight!
What was the fanny admin thing? Was she seriously advocating that pregnant women tend to their downstairs regularly? I can't even see mine anymore, I'm freaked out by the belly button too.

• Heart
Both my two came early, the first was two weeks early
And second three weeks early. Pretty sure I was apologising for the state of my lady garden with my first, the second I was like oh well 🙊

• Haha
Thank you! I like this thread too! I think I might have to give up work and looking after my family to keep up with this all though 😆
What are you planning on growing? Fruit/ veg or flowers?

There's also a few videos I like on youtube if you're a complete beginner . This guy has a good channel.

Both my two came early, the first was two weeks early
And second three weeks early. Pretty sure I was apologising for the state of my lady garden with my first, the second I was like oh well 🙊
Yea I heard it was in the book. Honestly don't sweat it hun. It really doesn't matter. Lady/man bits just phase into one, no decent doctor or nurse will judge you. but I can get the shame. Not exactly the same thing but I wouldn't go to my local massage place without shaving my legs but i just don't care anymore- they never commented on it/ my scars. (probs helps that I tip often).

Not gonna lie- I like seeing the reactions and likes I get on my posts. Am I heading into a influencer danger zone?

>Maybe you could make fake ice cream with frozen bananas, mango and coconut milk.

I don't mean to bring the tone of tattle down with such a mumsnet question, but just had a domestic over farting in front of me (it's been going on a while now and I can't deal with the smell in pregnancy) - AIBU to think it's bleeping disgusting? do your husbands do this too? like a fart is literally poo why would you sit on the sofa and do one?

Sounds like something my brother would do. I hated it and he would make a joke out of it! I think if they didn't do it when you were first dating they can control themselves.

Last edited:
My husband farts around me, I tell him off and he just thinks it’s funny 🙄 I swear they never grow up!

• Haha

YES! Also the acid reflux is such a weird thing - thankfully I've only had it a few occasions (I've heard it can be really bad for some women?) but it feels so very alien. I love the crunch, I'm waiting for mine to fully set and cannot wait. I'd guess 2/3 lollies = 1 glass of OJ? Also this is gross but fruit juice is really good for constipation so I'm pretty much labelling them a health food.

Also cornettos SCANDALOUSLY have been sold out on Ocado since lockdown?!! Tbh all ice creams in cones / ice lollies have been it's how I got desperate enough to attempt them - didn't think they'd be so good so thank you <3

What was the fanny admin thing? Was she seriously advocating that pregnant women tend to their downstairs regularly? I can't even see mine anymore, I'm freaked out by the belly button too.
Sorry all I crashed out after messaging last night! My fiancé is an animal with farting etc - does my head in at the best of times but my sense of smell is soooo sensitive at the moment. I get it’s a natural thing blah blah blah but it’s the smell I can’t deal with. I’ll let the odd one slide but if he’s really going for it I ask that he at least goes out of the room to do it at the moment!

Oh gosh no the pulling up the draw bridge was MODs theory of after you give birth you should literally stay in bed for at least a week/2 weeks and shun all visitors. In theory it’s a nice idea but practically it doesn’t happen - though we did try to stagger visitors over the first couple of weeks with our first. Also not sure how she managed to pull up the draw bridge so to speak with two older children also?

Given how much she went on about fanny admin I bet hers was impeccable throughout all her births! I honestly don’t think actual professionals care what you look like down there as they’re not scoring you on appearance etc!

@heretoreaditall2019 - oh my god my husband is a right dirty git with the farting 😂 he’s bloody awful
Doesn’t help that we’re vegetarian 😂 but - he is bad. And shameless!!
We thankfully have two sofas (one is a gaming sofa for the boys!) and I refuse to sit on it after my husband’s been on it 😂
If the smell is worse for during pregnancy - I feel for you, I really do!
has he only just started doing it in front of you? 😂

I got acid reflux really badly with both -
Old wives tale is if you have hairy babies you get really bad acid - and both mine had full heads of hair!!

shame about the Cornettos !
Orange juice ice lollies are amazing at least.

I think MOD had suggested in a book that you get tidied up before delivery?? Yeah right!

@EddieBeds - I suggested your ideas on a WhatsApp chat right now - they think I’m joking 😂 I’ll show them 😂
Realised I had a slight typo it should have read ‘Ikea or Cheese’ and ‘Swedish Swear or Ikea Chair’ 🤦‍♀️ that will teach me to type quicker than my brain can keep up. If you google both it comes up with various options.

I had acid reflux towards the end with my first, never having had it before I found it horrific! My son did come out hairy but then three weeks later his hair fell out, he looked like a monk with his hairline! Thought he was going to look like that forever but lo and behold by 9months it had grown back!

• Haha