Chit Chat

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely had enough today, just me (32 weeks pregnant) and a two year old, whose definitely had enough. My husband is working 14 hour shifts so I've not really spoken to anyone face to face for 6 weeks.

Close to letting my parents take my toddler for the day so I can get some rest and things done😟

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Definitely had enough today, just me (32 weeks pregnant) and a two year old, whose definitely had enough. My husband is working 14 hour shifts so I've not really spoken to anyone face to face for 6 weeks.

Close to letting my parents take my toddler for the day so I can get some rest and things done😟
Bless you. I used to have a nap after the school run when I was close to my due date, and had been on earlies at work. Put my eldest tea out and her the t.v. on for an hour. She was four though xx

Bless you. I used to have a nap after the school run when I was close to my due date, and had been on earlies at work. Put my eldest tea out and her the t.v. on for an hour. She was four though xx
I've tried putting on some Disney plus so I can have a crafty snooze, but she's on to me and comes to wake me up. Other people have it much worse, but it's just getting to me today.

Reactions: 1
I've tried putting on some Disney plus so I can have a crafty snooze, but she's on to me and comes to wake me up. Other people have it much worse, but it's just getting to me today.
Theres someone worse of that everyone. If it's getting to you ask your parents. I know it's not reccomend and some people will bite my head of but you need to look after your self. Even if they have her a couple of hours every other day or something. As long as your all being sensible. I'm assuming they will be having her when your in labour? You could be in hospital a good few days for that x

Feel your pain, although I only have a very grumpy 6 month old that won't sleep and my husband is also doing long shifts. Really missing my mum at the mo!! Feel like I'm going insane only having a baby and a dog to interact with all day!!

Reactions: 3
If you went to bed, instead of napping on the sofa, would she join you?
I remember when I was heavily pregnant with my second, l’d take a nap in bed and my son would join me. He thought it was fun being able to cuddle up to mummy in her big bed.

Feel your pain, although I only have a very grumpy 6 month old that won't sleep and my husband is also doing long shifts. Really missing my mum at the mo!! Feel like I'm going insane only having a baby and a dog to interact with all day!!
absolutely snap though my little one is 4 months. People said maternity leave was lonely but I didn’t expect this lonely! I miss my mum

• Sad
Reactions: 2
If you went to bed, instead of napping on the sofa, would she join you?
I remember when I was heavily pregnant with my second, l’d take a nap in bed and my son would join me. He thought it was fun being able to cuddle up to mummy in her big bed.
Going to try a nice bubble bath and get her in my bed, sometimes drying her hair sends her off. Fingers crossed

absolutely snap though my little one is 4 months. People said maternity leave was lonely but I didn’t expect this lonely! I miss my mum
Well I'm here if you need a natter! It's hard work, especially if your on your own or partner is working silly hours at the mo. Feel really sad I'm coming up to the end of my maternity leave and sort of worried when I do go back to work and he has to be left with someone he's going to be very clingy as he's not been left with anyone yet 😬 I work in an office so hoping the government will say work from home for as long as possible

Maternity leave is lonely at the best of times, but this is another level. I feel for you x

My first was lonely but I used to get out to groups everyday. Even with those it was 6 months before I’d bonded with people to meet up with them. So being in this situation I can only imagine how you feel. Sending you hugs. I know it was a tough time for me as my husband works away from home so I was alone a lot but I did at least get to see family! I’ve just had my third baby now and I’m not lonely because the other two never shut up 😂 but I am trying to enjoy this baby in a way I couldn’t with my first. There are also some baby groups running online so that might be worth looking into. And just be kind to yourself. People say oh you don’t get this time back, I found it brutal if I’m honest I was so worried all the time about everything. Do you have support from health visitors? My hv has said I can have weekly phone calls if I need it.

Going to try a nice bubble bath and get her in my bed, sometimes drying her hair sends her off. Fingers crossed
Good luck! Or take her favourite book into bed with you and read it to her, that might help her drift off too x

My first was lonely but I used to get out to groups everyday. Even with those it was 6 months before I’d bonded with people to meet up with them. So being in this situation I can only imagine how you feel. Sending you hugs. I know it was a tough time for me as my husband works away from home so I was alone a lot but I did at least get to see family! I’ve just had my third baby now and I’m not lonely because the other two never shut up 😂 but I am trying to enjoy this baby in a way I couldn’t with my first. There are also some baby groups running online so that might be worth looking into. And just be kind to yourself. People say oh you don’t get this time back, I found it brutal if I’m honest I was so worried all the time about everything. Do you have support from health visitors? My hv has said I can have weekly phone calls if I need it.
yeah we had just started getting out to groups and things and then lockdown so it’s hard. I felt like I’d just started to get a bit of routine and structure and then it was gone.

My partner usually works away, he isn’t at the moment but he’s still working so it’s me the baby and the dog all day.

yeah the baby sensory class we were due to start is online so we’ve been doing that the last couple of weeks which helps. There’s a few others I might have a look at it depending on how the next wee while progresses.

Just off the phone to my HV, I always found her a bit airy fairy though she’s just like ‘yeah so give me a phone if you need anything’

trying to FaceTime family and things but it’s just not the same. We’ll get there though!

Well I'm here if you need a natter! It's hard work, especially if your on your own or partner is working silly hours at the mo. Feel really sad I'm coming up to the end of my maternity leave and sort of worried when I do go back to work and he has to be left with someone he's going to be very clingy as he's not been left with anyone yet 😬 I work in an office so hoping the government will say work from home for as long as possible
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Oh no! Such a scary time to be having to think about going back to work, fingers crossed you get to work from home for a while !

yeah we had just started getting out to groups and things and then lockdown so it’s hard. I felt like I’d just started to get a bit of routine and structure and then it was gone.

My partner usually works away, he isn’t at the moment but he’s still working so it’s me the baby and the dog all day.

yeah the baby sensory class we were due to start is online so we’ve been doing that the last couple of weeks which helps. There’s a few others I might have a look at it depending on how the next wee while progresses.

Just off the phone to my HV, I always found her a bit airy fairy though she’s just like ‘yeah so give me a phone if you need anything’

trying to FaceTime family and things but it’s just not the same. We’ll get there though!

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Oh no! Such a scary time to be having to think about going back to work, fingers crossed you get to work from home for a while !
I know that feeling, my husband is currently at home but nhs management so working 15 hour days so we don’t see him and aren’t allowed in the office. The kids have bombed a couple of his conference calls 😂 it’s really tough but I figure I can either sit and get peed off about it (and believe me that feelings there) or I can snuggle my baby and try and soak it all up and think in a couple of years there will be other groups we can do. Which I do try and think but it’s hard not to be bitter I suppose

God I am struggling with sleep so badly I’ve only had about 4 hours in the past 72 hours. I’m tired but not tired. I feel so anxious and full of dread. Cannot sleep at all. I hate the night time I just lie here waiting for the sun to come up. 😞 hate this

Has anyone done any good/fun virtual Youtube quizzes or anything that they could link/share?
I'm supposed to be organizing one for Monday (!)

I’ve never really been home much during the day on weekdays etc (I know today is Sunday) but now because of the obvious, I am. My neighbours wife is home all day doing god knows what but my gooood their dog barks alllll day, from 7am through the whole day - it’s making other dogs bark in my area. It’s like living in a dogs trust!

I, like many other aren’t sleeping well so I’m getting extra crabby that I can sleep in or nap because of the little tit!

Just needed to complain!

• Angry
I’ve never really been home much during the day on weekdays etc (I know today is Sunday) but now because of the obvious, I am. My neighbours wife is home all day doing god knows what but my gooood their dog barks alllll day, from 7am through the whole day - it’s making other dogs bark in my area. It’s like living in a dogs trust!

I, like many other aren’t sleeping well so I’m getting extra crabby that I can sleep in or nap because of the little tit!

Just needed to complain!
I know the feeling. I'm not used to being at home every day either. My husband is a key worker so still out and about and I'm currently working from home.

My neighbour has an alsatian. He's going out for hours and leaving the dog locked into the kitchen and the kitchen window slightly open. The dog just won't stop barking.
I've never seen him take him out for walks or exercise him. Not once.

We live in a 4 bed semi. Houses this size with not particularly big gardens are NOT designed for dogs like that.

I was so fed up of it earlier on in the week that I put a (polite) note in his door.
I'm not the slightest bit surprised that a) I've heard nothing back from him and b) he's STILL going out for hours every day and leaving the dog locked in the kitchen.

Oh and he doesn't work. Ever. So it's not as if he needs to be out in the first place 😡

Trust me. I feel your pain.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
For seeds:

I've heard of this site but I just bought from the supermarket.

Just for you guys, a pic of the Vejas on The Rug 😆😆😆 I’m going now before I get lynched 😳👋🏼😆
No love no lynching here.

As long as they're comfortable that's all that matters and I say that as someone with back pain.

• Heart
Reactions: 4