Chit chat #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so excited for House of Gucci to come out so I've just booked my ticket! The whole story fascinates me! I am having a chippy dinner today and I'm very much looking forward to it.

@ Costa drinks their white hot choc is divine.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ooh what did you get?
14ADBF22-042A-434A-910F-2E5D9838650D.jpeg

Went veggie for a change and to a street food type place rather than my usual Indian takeaway and tried a sweet which were small saffron doughnuts in a cardamom syrup which were really nice. I’ve enough leftovers for tomorrow too so even better.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ordered a TV from Currys, for delivery tomorrow morning. I got rid of my last TV in 2010 or 2011 and have been without one since, until now. The last one I had was bought in 2005. It was one of the old square bulky cathode-ray-tube ones, which was still analogue, with no smart capabilities and which you had to connect to a box for the Freeview digital channels. TV technology have moved on so much in the years since I last got one!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I am so bored. I feel like I have read enough, watched enough, talked enough. I want to be able to do a jigsaw puzzle or some wordsearches on paper or write letters to someone but I am not able to. So frustrating when the mind is willing but the body is unable.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just spotted these in ‘the Asda’ and feel they could be quite divisive - what are everyone’s thoughts? View attachment 863561
Not on board with these 🤢

Guess I'm coming down with a cold 😩 I was a dumb witch for sweeping the balcony in my nightie this morning when it was bloody -3 degrees outside. My evening tea did duck all to sort me out 😂 Gonna take an ibuprofen and hit the sack. I had plans of writing tonight but I can barely think.

• Heart
Is this a novel you're working on?
No, I wish. Just trying to get back into a semi-regular writing routine after a few years of not touching it, so I am writing whatever I feel like. Journaling, character study, old WIPs, short stories... Not very fruitful in terms of end product but I enjoy myself 🙏

• Heart
Can someone recommend a good Netflix series please?

View attachment 863732
Went veggie for a change and to a street food type place rather than my usual Indian takeaway and tried a sweet which were small saffron doughnuts in a cardamom syrup which were really nice. I’ve enough leftovers for tomorrow too so even better.
As an South Asian I can't speak highly enough of gulab jamun!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just eaten a cream cake 😜

Having a board game night with the daughters. Christ on a bike my eldest is so mardy 🙄🙄

Family fortunes now.
This is torture 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
I am so bored. I feel like I have read enough, watched enough, talked enough. I want to be able to do a jigsaw puzzle or some wordsearches on paper or write letters to someone but I am not able to. So frustrating when the mind is willing but the body is unable.
It doesn't help with physically doing stuff, but have you tried Board Game Arena? You can do turn-based games on there so you've got as much time as you need and it might help with some more mental stimulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m gonna go on the Sims 4 and my fella is gonna go on Fifa 🤣 who says romance is dead. Gonna eat that cream cake my fella got me as well, happy Saturday 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Can someone recommend a good Netflix series please?
Sisters
Unorthodox
Flowers
Dark
Ethos
Derry Girls

It doesn't help with physically doing stuff, but have you tried Board Game Arena? You can do turn-based games on there so you've got as much time as you need and it might help with some more mental stimulation.

This looks like something I could lose a lot of time on, thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone, how are we doing?

I’ve just come back from my BIL’s funeral. I chose not to look at him in the coffin, I just couldn’t. I want to remember him alive. I cried during the church service, but it somehow felt better once he was buried. I just kept thinking about the first time I saw him and how he was the only person to remember which ice cream I like best. I know it’s silly but it made me weep. I really hope he is in a better place now.

I think I’m going to have a shower, wash my hair and go to bed. I’m exhausted. Tomorrow will be a new day. I hope you are all having a lovely, relaxing weekend! ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Hey everyone, how are we doing?

I’ve just come back from my BIL’s funeral. I chose not to look at him in the coffin, I just couldn’t. I want to remember him alive. I cried during the church service, but it somehow felt better once he was buried. I just kept thinking about the first time I saw him and how he was the only person to remember which ice cream I like best. I know it’s silly but it made me weep. I really hope he is in a better place now.

I think I’m going to have a shower, wash my hair and go to bed. I’m exhausted. Tomorrow will be a new day. I hope you are all having a lovely, relaxing weekend! ❤
Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it was his funeral already. It sounds like you were so strong and such a source of support for your sister and family - sending big hugs ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey Guys, I haven’t been feeling very well again today so have been in bed for most of the day. I missed all the Christmas chat but mince pies are still elite I don’t care what anybody says. Hope everybody has a good evening ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Officially managed to exercise and cook today so I'm counting it as a win. It'll all add up eventually.

I hope everyone that's had a rough day feels better tomorrow ❤ And you're not being silly @Raymond Luxury-Yacht, it's good to remember the good times you had with him, and it's normal to feel upset.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.