Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I have a friend in a funded relationship. They have never been intimate, no more than the odd peck on the cheek in public. They live together as husband and wife on the outside but the reality is they have separate areas of the house, they never sit down and watch tv together and rarely eat a meal together. He pays her to look like his wife and be on his arm at functions. In return she lives in an amazing house and has more than enough money. It isn't for me, but she/they are happy.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
I joke but I really do love these threads - I've been realising recently about how I always used to be an extrovert when I was younger but years of bullying made me so self-conscious and I just retreated into my shell. But having somewhere to chat to people that I'll almost certainly never meet, and not having to worry about being seen as weird, has shown me that the extroverted side is still there and it's giving me more confidence to be more 'me' in real life, and if people don't like me for me, then there might be others out there who do.

Right, enough mushy stuff 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16

WilmaHun

VIP Member
When I left off work tonight for the first time ever I felt a bit unsafe walking on my own. My work doesn't have a car park so we have to park about a 5/10 minute walk away. It was dark when I left off and I was walking to my car and this man was walking behind me but he felt quite close to me. I crossed the road and he crossed with me, I sped up and it felt like he sped up. I called my boyfriend and just had a general conversation with him and made a point of talking so I knew he could hear me saying something like "yeah just walking there now, see you in 5". It was so weird. Fortunately when you press unlock on my car it works from quite a distance and the headlights come on, so I unlocked it as soon as I could and he darted off. It could have been entirely innocent and once I got to my car I felt a bit silly for being a bit scared by it tbh!

Anyway, I've just had a bath and am now sat doing my uni work. Gonna finish up in about an hour and get an early night.
Have a good eve everyone x

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I read about Julius jones today and thought of you :( Kim kardashian posted about him too.

if you don’t mind me asking, what happened to cause your paralysis? (Don’t answer if you don’t want to!)

I follow this girl on Instagram who became paralysed from the waist down in a car crash and she posted about this new research on her story, where they are trialing reversing paralysis with a single injection. You might find it interesting :)

I have complete faith you will walk again ♥
I will look that up thank you! I have multiple sclerosis and I had a relapse in June, part of the relapse was a significant sized lesion in my spinal cord. At the beginning I had eye/head movement only. I can now move my right thumb and fingers but i have no actual strength and have flickers of movement in my left hand. They gave me all the treatment at the time and expected me to regain mobility, but the longer time is going with nothing in my legs the more I feel like they are preparing me for the "you won't walk again" speech. I have been referred for an electric wheelchair assessment which on one hand is good news but bad because they don't give a £25k wheelchair to someone who they expect to walk.

But, I am fiercely determined to walk again. I sat unaided for 90 seconds today, which sounds like nothing but my core muscles are gone from being in bed for so long. I will find a way to walk again, come what may.

• Heart
  • Sad

WilmaHun

VIP Member
right I'm not being funny but my boss, aka the most miserable man in the universe, is an actual freak. He hasn't spoken to me AT ALL this week. I just walked into his office to put some files away and he looked up and went "I've farted come back later"

Is that a good enough reason to resign?

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Just done my first get fit with Rick in weeks! I done the Britney one and it was a bit shit tbh. Was all my least favourite Britney songs (apart from Toxic obvs) still threw some shapes though. And Rick didn’t speak and his ‘AYEEEEEE’ he shouts multiple times usually motivate me 🤣

fun Britney fact about me: when I was in year 3 my music teacher told me I should join the choir cos ‘I sound exactly like Britney Spears’ so I just kept singing all the time and my Mum told me to stop one day and I said ‘but my music teacher told me I sound exactly like Britney’ and my Mum was like ‘you sound fuck all like Britney’ 🤣

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Doctor called me. She said I need a bunch of blood tests and a chest x ray before I can start this medication in 4 weeks!! 😭 I guess I understand because its an immunosuppressant, but still a pain.

so I went to the hospital and thankfully there was barely any wait. I had my pre requisites done and hopefully I can start my meds! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Morning! I’ve had an absolute mare this morning

the baby didn’t wake up til half 7, which was fab, I slept like a log all night but when the baby woke me up I looked at my phone and thought shit where’s my fella? Got up and checked the livingroom - he’d fell asleep on the couch… he was meant to start work at half 7, it was 7:31 at this point! He said to me ‘why didn’t you wake me up?’ I was like listen pal it’s not my fault you can’t get yourself up for work. You’re 31 years of age 🤣 I’d say I’d get him an alarm clock for Chrimbo but he’s bloody got one!! Mans too stupid to set an alarm

went to make the baby blueberries and weetabix for breakie… dropped all the blueberries on the floor

got on the bus and it was el rammo, some lad was sat in the pram bit and he just stared at me !? Some old woman went ‘ey move you’ to the lad 🤣 it was well awkward

got to mil’s cos I have an appointment soon and she’s watching the baby while I go, it was 10am when I got there and I knocked… no answer. Checked her fb last active and it said 9 hours ago.. the baby was whacking the door going ‘NANNA? Mmmm’ his new thing is to say ‘mmmm’ after everything 🤣 she eventually answered and looked like she’d been dragged through a hedge backwards her hair was all over the place. I said ‘have you been electrocuted or somethin?’ And she told me to ‘buzz off’ buzz off, who says that 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I sent my husband a biltong advent calendar as a little treat and he just says to me "all of the biltong was really nice" He has eaten it all, I said that was meant for advent and he says "oh i thought you just start at 1 and eat the rest in order" yes you plonker, you do starting on December 1st, one door per day.

• Haha

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Update on little peaches mystery illness. He’s now feeling very good apparently. So good he’s been demanding chocolate digestives and Kit Kat’s and he’s making levels on super Mario maker 2. I’ve been conned and in future he’s going to school and they can send him home if he’s that ill 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Honestly, I could cry. So as if the burst pipe/flooring got to come up fiasco wasn't enough to ruin my life I got home from work and the plumber was here fitting a heated towel rail. "Hi Wilma, bit of a problem. There's a huge dent in your brand new radiator, don't think you'll want this fitted". Great. Anyway. Text off the water company "Reports of discoloured water in your area, if you are affected do not drink the water or use any water appliances". Turned me taps on, brown water. I now can't bath, do any washing or make a drink. Sent Mr Wilma to THE Asda on his way home. Bottled water shelves have been ransacked. Only drink I've got in that doesn't require water is pepsi or apple tango so guess I'm rotting my teeth and taking that to bed tonight. I'm gonna go bed in a sulk and hope tomorrow is better 😓

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My fellas just been looking over my shoulder as I was scrolling through this thread and he says ‘what do yous talk about? Biscuits?’ Mince pies actually mate

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I feel proper miserable this evening 😞 my boyfriend has gone back to work AGAIN. He comes home, has dinner, goes again then I’m often asleep when he comes in. Feel more like his maid than his girlfriend sometimes tbh. 😔

I cancelled on meeting my friend as I’m just not in the mood. Gonna have a hot bath, put some fresh pjs on and find a film to watch I think.
Hope everyone has a good weekend x

ETA - wishful thinking. I meant evening not weekend

• Heart
  • Sad