Chit chat #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone up to? The babies just going for a nap, I’m debating napping myself tbh I still feel a bit ropey 😂 I’m a bit gutted cos we went for dinner at my fellas aunties last night and she didn’t give us any leftovers!! She said there were loads but she’s sending them to my fellas brother and his girlfriend cos they weren’t there 🤷‍♀️ but they still had their own Christmas dinner so 🤷‍♀️ I said to my fella, your aunties gone down in my books. A leftover gammon and stuffing sarnie would have sorted my hangover right out 👌🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Well I never! I came out the bathroom from having a shower and OH has turned into Mrs Hinch he's hoovered, polished the coffee table, tidied up, washed the dishes etc:oops: only cause his parents are coming for lunch. He can do it more often from now on and give me a bloody break!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I feel really sad 😞 my extended family (cousins, aunts, kids etc) normally have a get together on Christmas morning. They changed it to Boxing Day this year but only told me once the decision had been made already and by that time I’d already made plans with OHs family so I was gutted to miss out on seeing all the children open their presents.
Anyway this morning I got up and baked loads, and cooked loads ready for a big buffet for OHs family. I’ve put in loads of effort cos I wanted them to enjoy. He’s laid in bed all morning, and when he finally came down he just got in the way and not helped, but made himself breakfast and stuffed his face with the stuff I made before everyone arrived. Theyve all turned up and thanked him specifically for going to such trouble and said what an amazing job he’s done 😞
I’ve missed out on being with my family, put in loads of effort for his, and they’ve all just assumed he’s done all the work 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
And he hasn't felt the need to correct them and give you credit? Shameful!

@WilmaHun its tit being left out isn’t it. My mum text me after not speaking to me for months saying I should spend Christmas with my fellas family and not them. I left our family group chat but my fellas still in it, and they were all posting in it how nice Christmas Day was and that they all loved each others presents. None of them even text saying happy Christmas 😂

also, stand up for yourself and say, you did all the work and really he should have said, it was Wilma who put all the hard work. Next time don’t bother!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Aww, @WilmaHun. Don't bother for them next time. How rude to assume he did all the work. I'd be having it out with MrWilma once the guests have left.

As for what I'm up to, I have had my shower. The nurse has braided my hair for me, it looks so pretty. It's the first time in ages I have been so fancy. This afternoon she is going to do a face mask for me. The cosmetic kind, not covid. I'm just reading and waiting for lunch now.

Oh and @watermelon sugar I'm sorry your family are acting that way too. They don't know what they are missing out by excluding you!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@WilmaHun I don’t even know what to say, I didn’t know anyone was capable of being that thoughtless. I’m so sorry that you’ve been left feeling like this after all the effort you’ve gone to, you deserve so much better than this ❤

@watermelon sugar again, a bit lost for words at how hurtful your family has been. You have such a lovely little family with Mr Melon and mini melon and I hope your family will realise how much they’re missing out on by excluding you like this ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@watermelon sugar again, a bit lost for words at how hurtful your family has been. You have such a lovely little family with Mr Melon and mini melon and I hope your family will realise how much they’re missing out on by excluding you like this ❤
Aw thanks lovely 💕 I’m used to this from my Mum cos she’s a toxic person, but I’m surprised at how she’s been now I have the baby, and I’m surprised at my brother and sisters for being funny with me too. Oh well, it’s their loss, mini melon is boss and learning so much, their missing out on an amazing little boy 😊

• Heart
Its just back to normal for me today.
Laid in until 11 but been awake since 9.
Feeling very ungrateful today haha. Plan on buying myself gifts in the sales.

• Heart
I really can't be bothered to go to the football..We will lose, its raining, none of our friends are coming, the covid checks are going to cause massive queues...

I could be at home on the sofa with the Christmas cheese!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg @watermelon sugar that’s awful I can’t believe they haven’t even text you. It sounds like you had a nice day with your fellas family and as long as mini melon is happy it’s your family who’s missing out isn’t it!

@WilmaHun next time they compliment his hosting skills I’d be like what you on about he did duck all 😅

• Heart
@watermelon sugar @WilmaHun sending love to you both

I've spent all day crying. Woke up great then went rapidly downhill. I think all the stress and anxiety and everything else Xmas causes just hit me. I know this sounds really selfish but i never bleeping stopped yesterday then today we are due at the in laws so everyone (bar me) can get drunk and carry on the fun. I don't drink much and need to stay sober for the kids. And I'm just not feeling it. We are sleeping over too 😭😭

I just want to curl up, close the curtains lock the door and hide. And now I'm crying again.

Jesus somebody tell me to get a grip 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Ahh @Meangirl815 I could tell you to get a grip but it's that really helpful?! I think sometimes we are just running on fumes in the run up to Christmas and then once it is over our adrenalin crashes and we feel pants. If you really have to go to the in laws can you just curl up quietly in a corner with a book and let them get on with it?

I just talked to my children. Littlest Jelly was trying me how she had yoghurt and fruit for breakfast and then she had 3 chocolates. "but it is ok mama, it was just breakfast pudding" So now I feel like I need breakfast pudding everyday.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Here's a hug for everyone struggling with family/post-Christmas stress.

Had a short walk earlier (miserable weather) and spending the afternoon diamond painting. I can get behind the idea of breakfast pudding though!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As someone who has breakfast pudding all year round, I’m glad others are coming round to the idea!

@Meangirl815 as Mrs Jelly said, Christmas can be such a stressful time that your emotions can be all over the place when it’s done. Let yourself feel whatever you’re feeling, know that Christmas will be over soon and you’ll get through this ❤

• Heart
Omg I’m on the tube and I have internet. I haven’t been on the tube in such a long time this must be new 🤣

I was freaking out about my journey alone to east London. Meeting my dad at the stadium. Mr Peaches kindly planned my journey for me and then reminded me that I’ve lived in London 30 years I’m not a tourist and I do know where I’m going. He was right. Easy peasy 🤣

• Haha
Hugs to everyone that needs them ❤

Omg it's only half 1 an it honestly feels like half 10 at night lol, my dad's already fallen asleep an we haven't even had the Xmas Dinner yet, little one loves the car to bits so well chuffed it's going down so well an also likes her train, can't get her down for a nap though so hoping it's not going be meltdown at dinner time with over tiredness

• Heart
awww @watermelon sugar @WilmaHun @Meangirl815 sending lots of hugs 💝 that's all really unfair, and watermelon i can't believe your family wouldn't want to spend christmas with your handsome little boy, but as you said it's their loss 😎

i have not spent this christmas with my family and i'm kind of relieved! i miss my sister and my cat but the others can be really difficult during the holidays and i know i'd get a lot of ''do you really need another plate of that'' 🐷

i am with my boyfriend's family in germany and it's been lovely other than the fact that i don't speak much german and they don't speak english or my mother tongue (croatian) 😄 so that's been annoying at times but again sometimes a relief so i don't have to socialize that much hehe.

just had a huge lunch and everyone is napping. i went into the backyard to have a ciggie, watched the snow and two cats playing. currently sitting in a swing and chilling. going to a gluhwein party in a winter garden tonight, with lots of friends of my bf. i know almost all of them so i'm looking forward to it, and his best friend is who we met through. i've already seen him since we got here but looking forward to chatting to him again!

there's so much i could write about the last couple of days, or even months, (since i haven't been on tattle in a whiiiiile), but this post is getting too long now so i'll leave you with a snowy picture of the backyard!

82E82FB4-11F4-44F6-AEE1-5E5BE08AAF5B.jpeg

• Heart
We’ve put Toy story on right because, we’ve not seen my fellas bro yet for Xmas, and mil told us he’d got the baby a toy buzz light year and mr potato head. Apparently he said to mil ‘what kid doesn’t like toy story’ the baby has watched it once I think, but I don’t think toy story is like a film a under two year old would remember 😂 anyway mil was like ‘he’ll be offended if the baby doesn’t like it’ LOL so we’ve put it on. Anyway the first scene, mr potato head jumps out and the baby jumped out of his skin and starting crying 😂😂😩😩 shouldn’t laugh really 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.