Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll still be fine financially but I wasted money again this month when in my down period. My budget was going fantastic, I had literally zero desire to spend anything at all... but as soon as my hormones dropped it felt like I'm just a completely different person. I can spend in one week more than I spend in the other three weeks combined. I should start feeling better tomorrow but I'm so horrendously down today, it's a good job I'm WFH so my colleagues don't think I've lost the plot when I'm crying at my desk.

And because I overslept I have to work until 6 :rolleyes
At the risk of sounding like I'm Internet diagnosing you, can i gently suggest you look into PME
Obviously i only know you in terms of what you tell us on here but i think it might be worth investigating ❤

Hi guys

I've had the laziest day ever. Spent this morning in bed with snacks and a great book. Successfully ignored all housework this afternoon. Now about to dig in to chicken nuggets, rice and curry sauce with the kids. Then it's Xmas film, showers and bed for the kids. The Mr is working until 9 will watch last night's IAC with him before my bedtime
Have a good evening

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve had loads from Loughborough in England over a couple days and nobody talks on the phone. It’s so annoying
The location isn't even showing up on mine, so I have to answer them in case it's a genuine call. I'm not answering anymore now. If it's a genuine call, then someone can leave a message. Pain in the ass :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 1
At the risk of sounding like I'm Internet diagnosing you, can i gently suggest you look into PME
Obviously i only know you in terms of what you tell us on here but i think it might be worth investigating ❤

Hi guys

I've had the laziest day ever. Spent this morning in bed with snacks and a great book. Successfully ignored all housework this afternoon. Now about to dig in to chicken nuggets, rice and curry sauce with the kids. Then it's Xmas film, showers and bed for the kids. The Mr is working until 9 will watch last night's IAC with him before my bedtime
Have a good evening
Thanks ❤ I mentioned PMDD/PME to the mental health nurse a couple of months ago as my depression is now very well controlled with medication, except for the 5-ish days in the run-up to my period when I just totally spiral, she referred me to the contraceptive nurse who said that she didn't want me to go on the pill and to track my symptoms for a few months instead to see if it tallies up, despite it tallying up every month since this started happening back in May.

No idea where I go from here. Now that I'm more aware of it I'm getting better at preparing myself and I'm causing a little bit less damage each month - this time I only decided to start an Etsy business (😂), purchased supplies and also purchased £60 worth of diet books, which is better than the month I signed up for 9 months of a weight watchers contract, or the month I signed up for a 12 month gym membership.

I know I should just try and be kinder to myself and say 'it's happened, I can't change the past and now I can make some really good choices for myself for the next 20-25 days, but it's so annoying when I suddenly snap out of it and go 'oh duck, I wish I hadn't just done that.'

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The location isn't even showing up on mine, so I have to answer them in case it's a genuine call. I'm not answering anymore now. If it's a genuine call, then someone can leave a message. Pain in the ass :mad:
I don’t always get locations which is annoying when I’m waiting on calls back from different numbers about a potential job so I’m always a bit scared to pick up the phone if it’s something dodgy

• Sad
I don’t always get locations which is annoying when I’m waiting on calls back from different numbers about a potential job so I’m always a bit scared to pick up the phone if it’s something dodgy

Whenever I answer the phones I say nothing - if it's a scam then they'll either have an automated voice or (usually) will hang up after a second. If it's a person they'll start speaking.

I've had a lot less scam calls since I started doing that.

Most of my life is led by FOMO 😬 as I’ve gotten older though, I find it easier to sift through things I want to do, against things I feel like I should do. Do you know what it is that triggers your FOMO - like social media or something else?
Yes, you hit the nail on the head with social media, it’s either this or comparing myself to people my age who have achieved something. There is one person in particular I’m kind of jealous of. I know real life is not like these Insta pics, everyone has their own problems, but it just doesn’t make me feel any better.

I was only joking 😂 cos I’m unsocialable 😂 but no I get fomo all the time and feel the exact same way. I feel really lonely especially lately. My family put up pics recently of all my nieces n nephews playing and they all had a get together, we weren’t invited, I got fomo. I see friends going out and get drunk and don’t invite me cos I have a toddler, I get fomo. I mean I probs wouldn’t go for drinks but the invite would be nice 😅

do you have anything you want to do to make your life more exciting? Like a trip or something? Your life is what you make it, I’m sure it’s not boring really!
Oh, not inviting you is such a tit thing to do. I hope you are okay, you are probably better off without them 💗
And yes, I do have some plans but sometimes I wonder whether they are worth following if pretty much nothing depends on us. I have low self esteem so new beginnings are always difficult. Right now I’m just focused on having a nice Christmas with my loved ones.

Thank you both so much! 🥰❤

And I usually just stuff myself with snacks when I’m sad. Then I worry about gaining weight and become sad again, it’s a vicious circle 😅 But it can be nice to do something you are good at. I usually cook something fancy or difficult because I’m an okay cook and it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

I just got home and I’m already in my pyjamas 😊 My new eyeshadow palette arrived today so I’ll spend my evening watching Youtube tutorials and trying to recreate some looks that are more elaborate than just eyeliner and mascara. Knowing my skills I’m bound to fail

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Someone wrote a bad review about my fellas work on fb today right and he’s proper took the knock about it 🤣 he’s just warmed up some leftover casserole and I went ‘it’s still cold you know’ and he went ‘go write a fuckin Facebook review about it’ 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just got home and I’m already in my pyjamas 😊 My new eyeshadow palette arrived today so I’ll spend my evening watching Youtube tutorials and trying to recreate some looks that are more elaborate than just eyeliner and mascara. Knowing my skills I’m bound to fail
Oh come on, you can't tease us like that - which one did you get?

And practice makes perfect!

Oh come on, you can't tease us like that - which one did you get?

And practice makes perfect!
I got Makeup Obsession Black Is The New Black. I’ll post a picture

0910231D-EBE6-455B-896D-3EBF87065EE0.jpeg

It’s this one, it has great reviews and is said to be good for a smoky eye. I also ordered some brushes to go with it because I have none for blending, but some are yet to arrive so I’ll have to wing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Meangirl815 what was the great book?

My Quality Street have been open all week. I am about ready to open the second tin. All month is Christmas sweets.

I was having a good day, we made some Christmas decorations this morning and it was just plain, simple fun. Then I saw the psychologist and she is lovely but I'm such a berk. I just did ask the crying. Awesome.

Am about to get changed into pjs and then it is Kindle. I need to find another tv series to watch. Might go back and watch The Wire again.

Still stuck on Zen Match. I refuse to pay for extra moves. Waaaah.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi. Hope everyone is well. ❤ I haven't been on much for the past few days because I didn't want to bring the tone of the thread down. I've been feeling really low lately. I cried loads over a Teams call to my LM at work this afternoon. She said I can work from home tomorrow and next Wed so I'll see how that plays out. I feel dreadfully lonely and I just wish someone could take all the pain away. 😞 I'm taking medication and engaging in counselling but nothing numbs the pain. I guess love is painful when it turns into tit.

I just needed somewhere to type that and this thread has always been my comfort zone. Thank you for reading. x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi. Hope everyone is well. ❤ I haven't been on much for the past few days because I didn't want to bring the tone of the thread down. I've been feeling really low lately. I cried loads over a Teams call to my LM at work this afternoon. She said I can work from home tomorrow and next Wed so I'll see how that plays out. I feel dreadfully lonely and I just wish someone could take all the pain away. 😞 I'm taking medication and engaging in counselling but nothing numbs the pain. I guess love is painful when it turns into tit.

I just needed somewhere to type that and this thread has always been my comfort zone. Thank you for reading. x
I was just thinking about you earlier ❤ I wish there was something we could do to make you feel better - but never feel like you can’t post here or that you’d be bringing down the tone of the thread. That’s the beauty of this thread, we never know if the next post will be about food, sex or feeling sad but we’re here for all of it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Someone wrote a bad review about my fellas work on fb today right and he’s proper took the knock about it 🤣 he’s just warmed up some leftover casserole and I went ‘it’s still cold you know’ and he went ‘go write a fuckin Facebook review about it’ 🤣🤣🤣
I wrote one it said ' fab place but Mr Watermelon isn't as funny as his missus'. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Aww come here @Hope96

I'm feeling so much better after my meltdown this afternoon, fully back to normal. It's just all drained off me and I'm genuinely looking forward to work tomorrow as I'll be able to concentrate and crack on. Plus I have a four day weekend again so the future is looking bright! Thanks for your support guys ❤

Right - food! I love real Brussels Sprouts but I'd love to confuse someone with these.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.