Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg stuff like this annoys me so much! It's not so bad now I work in a tiny office but when I worked for a firm with over 300 employees there'd be some sort of card or "birthday/wedding/whatever the duck they wanted fund" almost every week. It became a bit of a piss take how often I was being asked to contribute. One year I just refused altogether as a 5er here and there was starting to add up and I do begrudge putting money in for people who I literally say "alright?" to as I pass in the corridor. Stuff like this in office jobs is so annoying because there's always some prick who contributes to everything who gets arsey when you say you don't want to!
And the constant emails to sponsor people you’ve never spoken to in the office. Working from home makes all that a bit easier.

I’m munching on stuff for lunch already through boredom. Today I have yogurt, satsumas, mini cheddars and a pork pie. Typical Xmas random snack bits shoved in a lunchbox 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The birthday whip rounds were always pretty annoying in an old job - it was medium-sized but incredibly cliquey and everyone had to gather round while you opened your card with the money in. When you get £30 from 40 people and someone else gets £300 from the same people... it doesn't make you feel great.

...can you tell I wasn't the one who got the £300? 🤣

I prefer being in a small company now - we don't do anything for birthdays, only leaving gifts.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm alright with tin openers but I did get a telling off from my bf the other day about how I hold knives when moving about the kitchen. He was being proper dramatic and accused me of "trying to kill him" and gave me a full on lesson about how to point it downward when walking about. I felt like a 7 year old in a food tech lesson.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm so hungry I'm gonna scream. Had only a cupa soup for lunch today, and a few whole wheat biscuits, and right now I am FAMISHED. Can't wait to go home to devour the last of my meatballs. I know you shouldn't shop hungry but I'll also go and get the biggest duck you size crisps I can find. This week just will not end, right? I'm honestly concerned I might end up biting a chunk off whoever annoys me on the commute today.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Ah my fella always gives me tit about how i hold knives too! Especially when I’m chopping something he’ll stand over me and be like ‘you’re gonna chop your fingers off in a minute’ well their still here aren’t they!! It’s annoying cooking for/around someone who is a chef cos he nit picks at EVERYTHING now if he says anything to me I’ll just say shut up mate you got a bad review the other day

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm holding out for my crispy chicken wrap (riveting I know)

As for the fellas, if my man came into the kitchen moaning about how I was holding a knife or scissor I'd chase him back out again with them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't have anyone to protect me from myself 💔
I cut myself on the foil lid of dairylea cheese spread frequently..

Im also just generally clumsy

• Heart
Reactions: 7
First world problems, but I’ve taken myself out for a tea and they’ve put ginger in mine 🙃 I hate drinks with ginger!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I hate when people leave knives in the washing up bowl when there is suddy water in it and you cant see them:mad:. Anyway just got back from Lidl and they hardly had any crisps, I mean I didn't want any crisps but still!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I hate when people leave knives in the washing up bowl when there is suddy water in it and you cant see them:mad:. Anyway just got back from Lidl and they hardly had any crisps, I mean I didn't want any crisps but still!
We're back to almost full crisp stock round here - on the single bags and the share ( 🤣 ) bags anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My male housemate does this with knives

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.