Childfree by Choice #8 Parents keep scrolling, we don’t need your trolling!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That car window sticker someone shared would make a good title 😂

“No baby on board, feel free to crash into me”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
That car window sticker someone shared would make a good title 😂

“No baby on board, feel free to crash into me”
i second this one!!

i do enjoy seth rogen’s “it just doesn’t look fun” too - if we can nominate him as a “poster” 🤣

Reactions: 13
One time, I kid you not, someone actually said to me "well life isn't supposed to be fun" :rolleyes:
my god 🤣😳

life isn’t supposed to be fun so why not make it EXTRA not fun for yourself instead of trying to find inner happiness and things that bring you joy. what logic is this?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
One time, I kid you not, someone actually said to me "well life isn't supposed to be fun" :rolleyes:
God I feel sorry for anyone with this outlook. If I think about the purpose of life too much I will spiral into an existential crisis but to say life isn’t supposed to be fun?? If you go through life having no fun ever and being stressed and depressed only to die at the end of it, what was the bloody point!? Oh yeah, to go forth and multiply. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 23
my god 🤣😳

life isn’t supposed to be fun so why not make it EXTRA not fun for yourself instead of trying to find inner happiness and things that bring you joy. what logic is this?!?!
It sounds like something from some kind of hyper capitalist dystopia

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This was from the mouth of a baby boomer, who certainly enjoyed the resources and opportunities handed to them on a silver platter, to the extent that future generations will never, ever see again.

(Retired at 55 with a pension higher than my salary will ever be. Yet apparently life isn't fun and isn't supposed to be...)

• Angry
Reactions: 22
This was from the mouth of a baby boomer, who certainly enjoyed the resources and opportunities handed to them on a silver platter, to the extent that future generations will never, ever see again.

(Retired at 55 with a pension higher than my salary will ever be. Yet apparently life isn't fun and isn't supposed to be...)
That’s INFURIATING.

Reactions: 13
I've just returned from a short trip to Germany to visit my pregnant friend. She's great and I hope she stays that way as I never once heard even a hint of curiosity about whether I plan to do the same, she knows me well enough not to wonder. I had a really nice time and I'm happy for her, but it also feels good to know that my foreseeable future won't be determined by a child's needs, wants and schedule. I've spent the whole day yesterday in bed eating an egg sandwich and crisps as I was exhausted, and I'll do some idle shopping today and make the most of my last few days off work. I hope you're all having a good day :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yet another article in a London paper today about a woman outraged no one is giving a seat to her child (while she is sitting!) She's also very clearly videoed the people she thinks should stand and put them all over social media. Surely this is a huge breach of privacy?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
“Life isn’t supposed to be fun - oh I know, let’s breed and bring another poor child into the world so they can be miserable too!”

Boomer logic 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yet another article in a London paper today about a woman outraged no one is giving a seat to her child (while she is sitting!) She's also very clearly videoed the people she thinks should stand and put them all over social media. Surely this is a huge breach of privacy?
Yep as I understand it’s a breach of GDPR.

Reactions: 6
God I feel sorry for anyone with this outlook. If I think about the purpose of life too much I will spiral into an existential crisis but to say life isn’t supposed to be fun?? If you go through life having no fun ever and being stressed and depressed only to die at the end of it, what was the bloody point!? Oh yeah, to go forth and multiply. 🤢
Na I get it... for the years we tried and tried for a baby, and lost babies life was NOT fun. It was absolute hell and i can only imagine if we HAD a child from it that hell would have continued. Living a life thats not your own, jumping through all these hoops. Its awful.
It wasnt until during lockdown, isolated from many people and coming to the conclusion I didn't WANT to keel trying that I felt free! And life felt better!
Christ im not saying its amazing, I'm absolutely still suffering from depression but no where near the extent it used to be!
I feel so sorry for ppl like i used to be who think having kids is the done thing and dont look outside. Thank heavens for my crap body! Lol

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Na I get it... for the years we tried and tried for a baby, and lost babies life was NOT fun. It was absolute hell and i can only imagine if we HAD a child from it that hell would have continued. Living a life thats not your own, jumping through all these hoops. Its awful.
It wasnt until during lockdown, isolated from many people and coming to the conclusion I didn't WANT to keel trying that I felt free! And life felt better!
Christ im not saying its amazing, I'm absolutely still suffering from depression but no where near the extent it used to be!
I feel so sorry for ppl like i used to be who think having kids is the done thing and dont look outside. Thank heavens for my crap body! Lol
i just want to say that i really enjoy your posts here and appreciate your honesty 💙 i can’t imagine the pain you must have felt from your loses and the emotional toll of trying to conceive anyway, but i am so glad to see that you have achieved peace and contentment afterwards. that’s all we can aim for after all x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just wanted to say, you don’t have a crap body at all ❤ I’m glad your content and feel free now

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i just want to say that i really enjoy your posts here and appreciate your honesty 💙 i can’t imagine the pain you must have felt from your loses and the emotional toll of trying to conceive anyway, but i am so glad to see that you have achieved peace and contentment afterwards. that’s all we can aim for after all x
Just wanted to say, you don’t have a crap body at all ❤ I’m glad your content and feel free now
Thanks, youve warmed my stone cold heart 🥰😂

I want to be honest so other people can see it's not wrong! Life is so incredibly short, you're always going to regret something so just do what feels right to you and enjoy yourself!

• Heart
just been catching up on the thread and really resonated with the posts about feeling like friends are just waiting for us childfree people to grow up and out of our interests. My friends never act happy for me, never hype me up, don’t care about what’s happening in my life but can do it for their ‘fellow mamas’ all the time? I don’t actually mind talking about kids/houses/marriages if it’s not the only topic of conversation, but it is and I am the only one of the group now that doesn’t have any of those things myself because life hasn’t been particularly easy and I also don’t want those things. I often feel like they assume that means I have nothing exciting going on - but they never ask! I am a person too! I’m aware I probably need to make some new friends but we’ve been friends for years and I keep thinking it’s such a shame. It would make a nice change if they made the tiniest bit of effort to ask about my life and pretended to be interested in the answer.

Then they complain that their childfree friends don’t see them as much now that they have children?!?! It’s not actually the child that’s the problem for me, it’s THEM! Their child is often perfectly fine, it’s the parent that’s acting like a twit!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Then they complain that their childfree friends don’t see them as much now that they have children?!?! It’s not actually the child that’s the problem for me, it’s THEM! Their child is often perfectly fine, it’s the parent that’s acting like a twit!
100% agree! Often the kids are fine, but the parents start acting totally different and forget the basic give and take of a friendship.

Someone who actually said it’s selfish not to have kids to me today, then proceeded to announce she’s going back to vaping as soon as her baby is born in August. Hmmm so I’m the selfish one 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.