Childfree by Choice #10 Parenting just doesn't look fun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw an influencer mum on social media saying today how draining her weekends were because eof having children at home all the time and felt like.she needed more.time off after it. It just sounds awful

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve just seen one of our own who used to be a prolific poster on this thread who hasn’t been posting lately announce her pregnancy on another thread 😮

I mean nothing wrong with that at all but does make you think! (pats cat)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I’ve just seen one of our own who used to be a prolific poster on this thread who hasn’t been posting lately announce her pregnancy on another thread 😮

I mean nothing wrong with that at all but does make you think! (pats cat)
i so want to ask who but i also don’t want to cause drama 🤣 interesting though! (pats houseplant)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Omg spill!!
I just think it's too gossipy to say who, don't think it's even allowed, and it's treading a fine line even posting what I did 😂 I mean we're not shaming her, congratulations, but I can't help but wonder... are we going to change too? Neverrrr :)
She was one of the ones who posted about dreamy childfree weekends all the time, ohhhh dear :)

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I just think it's too gossipy to say who, don't think it's even allowed, and it's treading a fine line even posting what I did 😂 I mean we're not shaming her, congratulations, but I can't help but wonder... are we going to change too? Neverrrr :)
She was one of the ones who posted about dreamy childfree weekends all the time, ohhhh dear :)
@soph30 - if we’re thinking of the same person then i think these posts need to be deleted based on a comment i’ve just seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
@soph30 - if we’re thinking of the same person then i think these posts need to be deleted based on a comment i’ve just seen.
Oh really? I mean I'm not trying to be nasty or gossipy about the person herself and it's great news for her, just saying it's funny how the tables turn :) happy to do so!

Aw I want to know!!! 😂

I do sort of think if by some miracle I got pregnant (fertility issues and recurrent miscarriage in a previous life) it would be ok... im not saying it would be good. I would probably have a bit of a breakdown. But i just got a new blender and my cats shitting herself over the noise of it and i feel like sending the blender back so my number 1 concern WOULD be the cats. My girl cat isnt a fan of loud noises. Probably because shes used to living in peace and quiet with 2 recluses who play video games and garden for their thrills 😂
Kids are just too noisy!
Summer holidays start end of this week too so that's bound to kill off a bit more of my ovaries with the sheer hatred of the noise of screaming.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Aw I want to know!!! 😂

I do sort of think if by some miracle I got pregnant (fertility issues and recurrent miscarriage in a previous life) it would be ok... im not saying it would be good. I would probably have a bit of a breakdown. But i just got a new blender and my cats shitting herself over the noise of it and i feel like sending the blender back so my number 1 concern WOULD be the cats. My girl cat isnt a fan of loud noises. Probably because shes used to living in peace and quiet with 2 recluses who play video games and garden for their thrills 😂
Kids are just too noisy!
Summer holidays start end of this week too so that's bound to kill off a bit more of my ovaries with the sheer hatred of the noise of screaming.
Are your cats both girls? My little girl is terrified of the broom so imagine the hoover. Stupid little boy would probably just sit there if I tried to hoover him up 🤣

Are your cats both girls? My little girl is terrified of the broom so imagine the hoover. Stupid little boy would probably just sit there if I tried to hoover him up 🤣
No, brother and sister. My boy is the same 😂

• Heart
I got asked why childfree women always have cats, surely they must have a maternal instinct and want a baby? I just gave my honest answer- that not so many of us have dogs because they're more work, and kids are a life ruining amount of work :)

Reactions: 16
I got asked why childfree women always have cats, surely they must have a maternal instinct and want a baby? I just gave my honest answer- that not so many of us have dogs because they're more work, and kids are a life ruining amount of work :)
I've said it before, all my maternal instincts are hardwired towards animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I've said it before, all my maternal instincts are hardwired towards animals.
Same. Rarely cry at children in need or sad stories about kids. Actually i dont think i EVER cry about kids...

Show me an abandoned box of kittens or an injured dog... im a mess!

There probably is something in child free people having cats. My cats are reasonably well behaved for cats hah. They dont jump on worktops in the kitchen, they dont try to dart out the door, they come to me on command. They are absolutely spoilt rotten and yet, if i work late or go our for the day. I can trust them not to hurt themselves and know they won't be pining for me, making themselves ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How does everyone think their partners would fare as fathers and does that play into your decision to be childfree?

For me, the phrase "you'll change your mind when you meet the right guy" actually rings true - being a solid fence-sitter I believe I would take the plunge if I had a partner that would 1) be a good, proactive and engaged dad, 2) had parents and family members that were willing to do regular childcare (given I do not) and 3) had a family orientated friendship group that we lived near.

My ex also ticked many of these boxes, and in terms of the relative 'good dad' scale (relative to the bar being in hell) I think he'd be alright, maybe a 7/10. It was just conversations with him that would send alarm bells ringing every time. He spoke about kids as a 'need' not a want, and seemed completely bleeping unprepared and unwilling to actually change anything about his lifestyle - and that's because he wouldn't! One direct quote was - after I said "you would get X time off to do all your hobbies, and where would mine come from" - he said, "my mum would take it". Not him, his mum!! 🤯

They're all the same, and I've seen it in my own dad, countless family members.. Kid's are purely decorative to them. They've no desire to actually raise them, and don't feel the same weight of responsibility because they don't really believe they are their responsibility - there will always be a female somewhere to pick up the slack.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Aw I want to know!!! 😂

Kids are just too noisy!
I thought you was going to say your cat keeps shitting in the blender 🙈😂
---
When people find out I’m childfree they ask how many pets I have. Zero! I’m petfree as well! I’ll babysit or petsit but I like the lease option on both and I’m not looking to buy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How does everyone think their partners would fare as fathers and does that play into your decision to be childfree?

For me, the phrase "you'll change your mind when you meet the right guy" actually rings true - being a solid fence-sitter I believe I would take the plunge if I had a partner that would 1) be a good, proactive and engaged dad, 2) had parents and family members that were willing to do regular childcare (given I do not) and 3) had a family orientated friendship group that we lived near.

My ex also ticked many of these boxes, and in terms of the relative 'good dad' scale (relative to the bar being in hell) I think he'd be alright, maybe a 7/10. It was just conversations with him that would send alarm bells ringing every time. He spoke about kids as a 'need' not a want, and seemed completely bleeping unprepared and unwilling to actually change anything about his lifestyle - and that's because he wouldn't! One direct quote was - after I said "you would get X time off to do all your hobbies, and where would mine come from" - he said, "my mum would take it". Not him, his mum!! 🤯

They're all the same, and I've seen it in my own dad, countless family members.. Kid's are purely decorative to them. They've no desire to actually raise them, and don't feel the same weight of responsibility because they don't really believe they are their responsibility - there will always be a female somewhere to pick up the slack.
My decision to be childfree was 50% circumstance (it physically wasnt happening) and 50% realising the hell i was saving myself from knowing how utterly useless my husband would be.
He has no motivation or drive. This doesnt bother me as I'm really driven BUT the thought of being the main care giver, screwing up my career, and then having to be responsible for another person just sounds like so much work! If he would have taken care giving responsibility maybe it would be a different outcome.

I have friends whos partners are the same. One works in a similar role to me and her life is HECTIC. I dont know how she does it. Hats off to her she is raising good kids but it's like her life is the last consideration.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When people find out I’m childfree they ask how many pets I have. Zero! I’m petfree as well! I’ll babysit or petsit but I like the lease option on both and I’m not looking to buy 😂
Same. I find it really annoying when people think that if you don't want kids you must have/want pets instead. You don't *have* to be caring for something.

Same. I find it really annoying when people think that if you don't want kids you must have/want pets instead. You don't *have* to be caring for something.
I have to take care of myself and I’m a big responsibility so I don’t want any others 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.