Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone clarify what Aja said in her video about Chidera that was personal?
I watched it at the time and I don't remember anything
Aja said she wanted to give context so she explained they’ve never followed each other, Aja had just seen some things that made her wary. For example, when she first saw the “saggyboobsmatter” hashtag (which SF started), she found it really distasteful but said because it was another black women she didn’t want to tear down another member of her community even if she didn’t like it, and also the “ownership” of using a hashtag like that was different than it would have been if it was a WW doing it.
She also discussed that she didn’t think well of what looked like Chidera basically taking any check because she was in “secure the bag feminism”, for example Chidera promoting a Tampliner? Which she said something to the effect that doing stuff like that isn’t about community and serving your audience, it’s just about making yourself money.

There may have been other things, can’t think of any more just now (aside from Chidera following Aja 48 hours before all this started which Aja was suspicious of).

Reactions: 5
Help a girl out who are these people. 😂😩🤣 this is becoming a game of Cluedo with all these initials.
This drama is such a saga now I can’t keep up.
haha sorry gang
separate drama - it's to do with an organisation called black girl fest. one of the co-founders (PA) decided she wanted to leave and her other co-founders (NC) made the whole experience hellish. PA released a statement but NC's just kept it moving and not even acknowledged PA's claims :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/20/payi...-heal-crimes-against-an-entire-group-13927220 interesting read!

ash's tweet is also part of a longer thread which raises really good points
Thank you for sharing this article. That was an interesting and informative read. It’s also made me very aware of how little I know about reparations. From what I read it is very complex indeed - and I can see why. Some learning is required and this is something I will be doing. First port of call is PARCOE.
It seems to me though that the resounding ( spell???) message is that the majority of people are thinking along the same lines as the people in this thread and other black influencers. That Chidera’s idea of reparations is one sided ( and a self centered / blinkered view of what reparations is).
ETA - agree re - Ash Sarkers comments .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can someone clarify what Aja said in her video about Chidera that was personal?
I watched it at the time and I don't remember anything

She focused on how she's always dislike Slumflower because of her personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She also discussed that she didn’t think well of what looked like Chidera basically taking any check because she was in “secure the bag feminism”, for example Chidera promoting a Tampliner? Which she said something to the effect that doing stuff like that isn’t about community and serving your audience, it’s just about making yourself money.
Aja is primarily a sustainable fashion advocate as well so it's not just that the sponsorships for Tampliner etc are not helping the black community, but also because she's basically advertising single use products that will go straight to landfill and cause a lot of waste and emissions. So Chidera's happy to do active harm the earth if it helps her get her bag, basically. As many influencers do!

Reactions: 10
More slurs being thrown out by her - principally Munroe.

I’m disgusted with her entitled attitude and absolute greed, now it’s about diving bell not paying for charitable donations (which they stated they already fund), her absolute delusion that people should pay for her words and general living expenses because she’s black. Who raised her? My mum would be beating me for being a scab who demands of others, absolutely no shame.

But Aja owes her an apology for exposing her crappy behaviour and how she’s not doing things for the collective. I didn’t think she even said anything personal other than she’s known to be difficult and she’s never wanted to engage with her.

I hope she gets enough because her career is truly finished, she’s so problematic and she should invest some of that money into therapy for her entitled narcissism

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Okay, bear with me but in all honesty I can't understand why white people should be expected to give money to random black people because of slavery in the past? I get that society is still deeply racist and black people are hugely disadvantaged of course.

My Grandad was black, he was from Barbados and our last name is Irish so it's highly likely that I descended from slaves,I dont expect white strangers to send me money because of that.

Reactions: 9
I think in circumstances where say, a black person who had experienced poverty or was from a working class background, did a go fund me or asked for donations to help them buy books for Uni, or their travel to uni, then that’s the sort of ‘individual reparations’ that I would be willing to contribute to personally. In that scenario I would want to use my privilege (in this case £) to enable an individual to access the same things I can.

I wouldn’t however, be giving money personally to any person earning six figures. If a person who was wealthy had done something amazing or really inspired me then I’d give money to a charity they supported or a charity linked to a cause they’d inspired me to learn about. I certainly would not be lining the pockets of any wealthy person when they’ve actually already received their pay for their book.

I am white tho, so am absolutely open to any different perspectives on this from any black people in the thread on the idea of community vs individual reparations

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think in circumstances where say, a black person who had experienced poverty or was from a working class background, did a go fund me or asked for donations to help them buy books for Uni, or their travel to uni, then that’s the sort of ‘individual reparations’ that I would be willing to contribute to personally. In that scenario I would want to use my privilege (in this case £) to enable an individual to access the same things I can.

I wouldn’t however, be giving money personally to any person earning six figures. If a person who was wealthy had done something amazing or really inspired me then I’d give money to a charity they supported or a charity linked to a cause they’d inspired me to learn about. I certainly would not be lining the pockets of any wealthy person when they’ve actually already received their pay for their book.

I am white tho, so am absolutely open to any different perspectives on this from any black people in the thread on the idea of community vs individual reparations
Well according to Chidera’s mate who was here before telling me I’m not black enough I can’t really say 😂😂

100% agree with you, we should be helping all people socially disadvantaged and that’s a different matter, but lining her pockets whilst she sits on a manic episode at 3am typing long incoherent rants or about chicken wee - no thanks babe

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well according to Chidera’s mate who was here before telling me I’m not black enough I can’t really say 😂😂

100% agree with you, we should be helping all people socially disadvantaged and that’s a different matter, but lining her pockets whilst she sits on a manic episode at 3am typing long incoherent rants or about chicken wee - no thanks babe
gonna send her £0.01p with a message saying thanks for the chicken wee wisdom luv

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
gonna send her £0.01p with a message saying thanks for the chicken wee wisdom luv
DO IT 😂😂😂

Also just wanted to share this comment that loudbossygross has pinned under this video of hers, calling out Aja etc for "profiting" off of calling out Chidera. Excuse me but did loudbossygross not raise nearly £4k on her public gofundme, plus more in private PayPal donations, for doing the EXACT same thing to Florence?!?!?! The hypocrisy is unreal (beyond the fact that Aja, Munroe etc have not done anything to monetise their posts about the situation unlike LBG who was demanding people pay her). Smh.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I probably shouldn’t make a joke of this but In honestly I would like to be given money as compensation to reclaim my time for following this drama. Shall I drop my paypal link or nah? 🤣

(Ps this IS Sarcasm with a hint of truth 😛because I’ve spent like a month watching this 🤣)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

You’ve got this bang on.

I’m more than willing to put my money/privilege where my mouth is to help those in need, but I’m not paying an already well off woman for a chance to rid of “white guilt”

I’d rather support charities that benefit the collective and as you say, I don’t mind donating to gofundmes for those truly in need.

Reactions: 16
Women on Instagram demanding they get paid for "work" no one asked them to do make me feel sick, especially when certain people imply its racist not to give them money.

I'm all for helping others, being charitable, using our privilege, helping to make things more accessible... Giving strangers on the internet money because they posted a graphic they made on PicMonkey to their Instagram with a long winded caption ain't it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.