Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually stunned at all these Slumflower "allies" failing to see the hypocrisy in attacking black people for not speaking out about something *they* think is important.

Black people don't need to be told what causes to fight for and the fact they think they or SF need the support of black people to help her cause, what does that say about their allyship? Isn't it enough...? Or is it useless because they're just following orders and don't actually know how to stand up for minorities?

Black people are usually one of the few speaking out about certain injustices. The amount of causes that have gained traction because a black person decided to act, which is then piggybacked by others in society... How dare they. Black people have done enough and continue to do too much, often with little to no support of others.

If they want to fight for Slumflower's in return for woke points NOTHING is stopping them!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This whole “they (publishers and diving bell) bought ads under SF’s name to promote FG” is such a bunch of nonsense. You click on an ad and it takes you to WHO BOUGHT THE AD! So you can buy the object from the company who BOUGHT THE AD! Which is why they, um, BOUGHT the ad! You can even click on the little “I” icon and see whose ads they are (in the attachment). Or you can look at the bottom of the ad.
Also while I’m here, as many have said, both of these books are re-treading well known territory. Coloring book feminism wrapped up in a bow of self-help. They each have a niche in it - SF brings a POC perspective and FG a queer one. But they are building on well known concepts. And no, FG did not steal her title from SF; FG gives credit to Erin McKean (as she should). SF’s publishers did not commission a book from her, have her write it, then decide not to publish it and instead have FG use it and publish it under her name. No. SF published her book! She got paid for her work. She doesn’t need to get paid for FG’s too. FG’s perhaps sold more because of a host of reasons, including that FG already had a far bigger Instagram following that SF, or she already had a stream of merch going, or being openly queer or racism. Or a combination of all of the above.
As well, SF chose to terminate her contract with Diving Bell. She was working out her notice and then flipped a switch (which has never been made clear) and cancelled Diving Bell on her platforms so DB was like -yeah, let’s call it a day.
This whole WW rallying to the defense of SF reminds me of the points Ijeoma Oluo makes in her wonderful book “Mediocre” about Bernie Bros. Supporting Sanders is an opportunity to immediately look “woke” and progressive while still being able to push your own agenda. These WW are assuaging their white guilt while simultaneously being able to push their own white dominance of “you are wrong!” to black folks who are supporting FG. That’s fucked up. PS Happy MLK day.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
...I don’t know what she thinks she is proving with this?
From these it seems Chidera was annoyed that Florence was writing about dating. Sorry but who is she to have a monopoly on that? The messages from Florence clearly show she was more than willing to change things Chidera was uncomfortable with

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Wait, what? Chidera was upset that Florence was even writing a book? Hasn’t that just completely obliterated any shred of dignity or claim that Chidera had left??!! Does Chidera get to gatekeep who writes a bloody Instagram feminism 101 book??!!

I think Florence bent over backwards to try and apologise and calm Chidera before she’d even written anything! Honestly, Florence was more than fair; we don’t know what Chidera’s issues were exactly, but from this it’s seems a huge overreaction from an Instagram caption??!

Jesus. I keep thinking this can’t get anymore batshit, but it does. Does Chidera not realise Florence’s tone changed towards her because she’s relentlessly bullying her?!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Surprised if they were having conversations like this FG would ever have wanted to use that byline on her cover from CE...?

Feel like we should all be given an honorary AS level in sociology after all of this, I read a lot and try my best to learn about “academic” feminism etc but this whole situation has been a mind melter with parts of everyone’s side of the story being true / untrue / fair / unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
oh my, I missed that part. What did she actually do? Does anyone have screenshots?
I think someone was talking about it a few pages back when they were talking about a lesser-known white influencer, I don't have screenshots but she was basically sharing stuff to her story and trying to encourage her followers to speak up in favour of Chidera which resulted in all the harassment

(Double post again soz) More bs from Chidera attached, cba to analyse/ comment bc I just got off work (bc some of us have to work for a living and can't just get paid to shitpost) and am exhausted 😂😂😂 but I look forward to all your hot takes 🔥

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Saw this on twitter - Slumflower liked the tweet so it’s real, I actually wasn’t sure if it was a joke. Can’t believe she’s being given so much money that she can afford to give £500 away 😵
Literally just flexing that her whole day is sleeping in til noon, arsing about on social media all evening, and getting stupid money from people she's scammed. She's a grifter and a troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Gaslighting is thrown alllll the way around by these online feminists.
How is she being gaslit? Maybe I need a different viewpoint at how Florence gaslit her in that first message. This screams “I know it’s a reach so if people react negatively toward me then I’ll scream racial inequality and gaslighting”

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Gotta be said and i know Munroe also voiced her concerns on this but I truly hope this doesn't lead to Black women not being believed in the future when wrong has actually been done and they want to speak out about it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes, but also slightly concerned that a lot of these white women being so vocal in support of SF are doing so to be reposted in her stories and feel legitimised in their ally-ship. WW jumped in and forced black influencers to speak out against someone in their own community. It’s really just so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I do think Chidera is partly at fault, but mainly for positioning her anger against an individual rather than the management team or publishers. And also for foul language she's used for no reason. Actually to be honest i can't see how this would have played out so badly without Chidera's antics.

I guess because of her chucking her management she has no one to advise her whereas florence does have a team (or at least one person in the management team who may be helping her) who for all we know might be saying "don't say that" or "say it like this instead for x reason" so maybe it's unfair to expect a less chaotic approach from SF.

• Heart
I thought this tweet was so funny 😆
This is so true it hurts. My community will never ever forgive Thatcher. Communities who come together rarely forgive such self serving, narcissistic and dangerous women. Chidera is on the wrong side here. She gives a good game about her working class roots but she’s not one of us. We have solidarity. She has cash, but she doesn’t have respect and when the PayPal’s are yesterday’s news she’ll have to beg for work.
5E7F0748-C91D-4DAA-9FEC-C28BEEFB3DFF.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.