Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elttat

Found this DM she reposted really stressful. She is now overtly whipping people up into a weird bullying army on her behalf and being open about actively seeking to harm these careers. And again, another racial insult with “coconuts”. These commenters need to stop egging her on, this is crazy and I hope FG has a legal team behind her.
Ugh I though that person was telling SF to let it go! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Coconuts isn't a racist term tho

But I don't doubt that the publisher at the very least will send a cease and desist if they haven't already.
Accusing them of left if defamatory/libellous right?

Reactions: 3

Shopgal

I completely get your point with this especially as her book has now been incorporated in to lots of syllabus’ but it is not common practice to reference in a popular book so I don’t think she should have criticised for not having done it. She was never writing for an academic audience and so just mentioning where she got her ideas from is pretty good/standard. I don’t think in WATTBA there were any mentions to where she got her ideas from though...
Yes, because they were all her own incredibly unique and forward thinking ideas remember!

• Haha

bunnyblue

I had a look at what Munroe said and I don't think she owes an apology at all - she was clear that it was SF's followers that harassed BMM which I don't doubt is true. One look at the comments of DB, Octopus etc. will show that they're a strong army lmao 😬 😬 😬 😬

On the other hand, Aja said that SF demanded that the money from BMM be returned and be redirected to her which is factually incorrect...
In that case I issue my own apology 😆 You’re right they’re not the same.

champagnemami99

Chatty Member
I've noticed in a lot of her stories she talks about "side throat" and "opening your throat" and "necks". Is this just some slang I am too old to know about meaning "shut up" or does it have some underlying meaning?
I don’t think there is slang to it but really interesting you picked up on that.
I think it is quite a vulgar descriptor?

• Angry

elttat

Does this mean she has posted about donating to a few charities then? I won’t have seen this as I stopped following her ( i think) just before all this started to unfold late last year. I assumed she had donated but then hadn’t shared this information with anyone but this had only come to light because BMM had specifically addressed it.
I don't follow any of them but I saw a story on a previous page (either here or in the FG thread - I can't keep up ahah) with the charities that she'd donated to already with her advance.

She also said that she intended to donate again when her first royalties came out in 2021, with that charity "most likely being BMM".

I think that prompted BMM to respond and address it...

elttat

I disagree. Their silence allowed blind agreement. It’s obvious that Florence would have a different take but if others allowed her to continue unchecked I can’t imagine the pile on.
but the pile on has continued, no?
well maybe it's on hold as SF targets her latest enemies that have waded in... but in the end it'll return to FG when someone sends a message that helps with the attack

Check out the site Social Blade. Someone on here mentioned it. It’s FASCINATING.
it's really interesting to see how everyone's followings have increased/decreased over the past few days!

do people think anyone's buying followers to balance numbers out?

I am very very recent to all this story (literally this morning 😂) but just wondering does Chidera live in America or has she been up all night with the reposts and stories?

elttat

Ahh ok. Thanks for clarifying 🙂. Pleased she has donated but would have liked it better if she donated but didn’t feel the need to tell people about it.
Same here! I do think it was to deflect from the ongoing shitstorm...

Lalisa_mb

I’ve just read this whole thread trying to understand what the hell is happening.

The whole thing has massively depressed me, to be honest. This is probably going to be controversial but I think fourth wave “feminism” is largely a joke, a bastardization of what intersectionality was supposed to reflect, and I honestly think that almost everything both Chidera and Florence seem to stand for plays directly into the hands of a capitalist patriarchy.

I’m actually shocked Chidera can happily claim she’s a feminist with her lessons in seeking out rich men. Mind boggling.

Overall, I can see how hugely unfair and hurtful it must have been for Chidera to be outsold by Florence. There’s no doubt that our society’s collective, often unconscious racism made Florence more palatable to young girls buying these baby lib fem books. However, I struggle to see where and why Florence is responsible for that herself. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand Florence, but until Chidera publicly releases the exact details of what she considers plagiarism in Florence’s book, then I think this is all a lot of hot air. She totally has a right to be angry and frustrated at our racist world, but is it right to scapegoat Florence Given for that specifically? I don’t think so.

I do actually feel for Florence, because my own personal reaction would be to go the legal route, too. I think most people would. And Chidera is right in saying that there is institutionalised racism within the legal system, but what’s the alternative? There is also institutional sexism, and ageism, and classism within our legal system... it’s not a perfect system but no perfect system exists, so are we never supposed to use it?

Anyway, somewhat hilariously, my grandmother was telling me (and every other female) that women don’t owe anyone pretty before these girls were born. I guess I better go Paypal Chidera asap.

Just a question as I cannot see it anywhere: has Chidera actually stated what type of plagiarism she feels Florence is guilty of? I am assuming direct plagiarism, which is the easiest to prove.
100% agree with this except for the hypergamy part - it’s fine to want to marry better etc though there’s no doubt that CE needs to be careful about how she addresses it on social media .... I mean saying she doesn’t care about men committing suicide (there was more to it of course I did read her statement at that time whilst I was a fan of hers) though some stuff I agreed with (in regards to the statement) I have to say (and I know this will come across as racist on paper given she’s a black woman and I’m associating these feelings with a black woman) but it’s just too aggressive for my liking, from the way shes dealt with all of this to these chats about male suicide and hypergamy are not for the world to know about and rather a chat with your girls in my honest opinion, and she needs to distinguish that line because her followers and strangers on the internet are NOT her friends & she has a brand to upkeep.

We definitely are, not sure why you felt the need to emphasise at the end. You seem to come from a millionaire family anyways as you mentioned so I’d expect a detached response from you in regards to finances. Also that’s the reality of life, there’s no form of equality and never will be for all, can’t hate the player simply gotta play the game right and put yourself first, as men do all the time
I was hinting at CE's attitude to anyone who disagrees with her, not a dig at you.

And yeah my Dad has money but you'd never know it and we didn't grow up with money, he just worked really hard (still does despite being in his 70s). That said, I know I am privileged in that if ever I do fall into any great financial hardship I could "ask daddy" but I'd rather pay my own way.

bunnyblue

SF story screenshots. So now she says Munroe is bullying her.
SF keeps doubling down on the bought advertising space when multiple people have raised how unlikely it is, and how you can see who paid for the ad space.

Attachments

• Heart

champagnemami99

Chatty Member
noone is angry lol?
the word vulgar makes reference to body parts and functions, i used this word due to the constant reference to throats and necks, as pointed out by another user.

I am not here to argue, or be called elitist or racist.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 11.58.41.png

Reactions: 2

bunnyblue

she was wrong about SF and BMM tho... ok she took the video down but there's no harm in admitting she was wrong but stands by the rest of what she said?

I'm all for living in your truth but sideye people who can't admit when they're wrong
Ah this is true. But then SF has to demand an apology from others (like Munroe) who also said BMM were harassed / encouraged to deny the donation.

snarkvark

VIP Member
Love to see it, tbh.
Aja attacked Slumflower personally and she said things that weren't true. She should apologise for that because she obiously knwos it's wrong because she took those videos down but Aja cannot accept when she's wrong.

she was wrong about SF and BMM tho... ok she took the video down but there's no harm in admitting she was wrong but stands by the rest of what she said?

I'm all for living in your truth but sideye people who can't admit when they're wrong
Giving bck the energy someone give you might feel good and justified but it's not hte bigger thing to do and it's questionable when it adds fuel to the fire of drama online. But again like I keep saying AJA LOVES DRAMA. She's a shit stirrer. Just say "I don't agree with any of this bullshit and I don't want to talk about it." instead she goes on to tell her 200k followers how awful SLumflower is as a person which inevitably means those followers will go and attack SF.

On the other hand, Aja said that SF demanded that the money from BMM be returned and be redirected to her which is factually incorrect...
Ecatly!