Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernandez Versini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People are actually looking at this the wrong way.

BBC Sounds - apart from it being their way of streaming the radio channels digitally to mobiles/smart speakers etc - is mainly just a media streaming platform for the corporation and a way of raising ad revenue which they can't do on TV and film.

The BBC have not asked Cheryl to front an RnB show at all, this whole concept was put together by her increasingly desperate management team, and pitched to the BBC Sounds people, who tend to put any old shite on there really. Nobody will listen to it, it wont raise much in the way of ad money / clicks, so it'll be quietly dropped unless it makes a financial return.

The BBC are NOT paying Cheryl, she will get some minor cut of the revenue (if there is any, of course). BBC Sounds is simply the only platform putting the thing out. It's a vanity project cooked up by her people aimed at getting some PR, same as the vitamins, and the appearance at a 'festival' this weekend (a small gig at a fairground in a park essentially)

The negative press will scare the beeb off soon enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm in no way condoning what Cheryl did that time in a nightclub to Sophie and I'm far from her biggest fan. But she was found not guilty by the courts (the law), so to say she is still being racist and should be cancelled and white people shouldn't be allowed to speak on R&B and it should have been black people selected to speak about the subject is some irony right there and quite offensive. If you go to court over something and they say not guilty as it's someone's word over yours and years later people still accused you of that crime, you wouldn't like it. Unless there's real evidence caught on camera or texts or her voice, I'll reserve judgement on her for now for that part.
she called the woman a black bit.. and a racial slur. She got off due to having better lawyers. Plus many ppl ahve said she has been very funny to black women since. I have experienced it.
It is also comical she is doing something on rnb when she slagged of melody thorton- an rnb singer in a interview years ago.
She really disgusts me, nadine deserved the exposure cheryl got

If Eminem wanted to do a show about rap/hip hop would he get criticised because he’s not black. Or is it different because he’s actually made that kind of music

Romesh Raganathan has a podcast about Hip Hop but he’s Asian not black and also is not a musician. Does that mean he’s not allowed to make that show?
no one is annoyed about romesh

Reactions: 11
When Cheryl Cole said she'd always been a fan of R&B I can only assume she thought R&B stood for Racism & Bullying.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm in no way condoning what Cheryl did that time in a nightclub to Sophie and I'm far from her biggest fan. But she was found not guilty by the courts (the law), so to say she is still being racist and should be cancelled and white people shouldn't be allowed to speak on R&B and it should have been black people selected to speak about the subject is some irony right there and quite offensive.
There's no "irony" anywhere here :rolleyes: and reducing the broader complaint of missed opportunities for black people to "white people shouldn't be allowed to speak on R&B" is trying to simplify and trivialise it and deflect.

Same goes for the people bringing up Eminem/pop music etc. - just admit you don't care to think any deeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Some not so very flattering pics (and comments) of her in the daily mail this morning at her recent performance. How the mighty have fallen. Once the nation’s princess (🤢) attending red carpets in Cannes and now headlining gigs alongside Alexandra Burke and Katie Price

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Some not so very flattering pics (and comments) of her in the daily mail this morning at her recent performance. How the mighty have fallen. Once the nation’s princess (🤢) attending red carpets in Cannes and now headlining gigs alongside Alexandra Burke and Katie Price
This one makes her look very manly in a certain area. What is this costume all about? It's like if Katie Price did an ABBA tribute show 😬

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
There are some posts on Nicola Roberts IG where it seems she made a surprise appearance during Cheryl’s set. All the clips from fans copies of their videos have a lot of screaming in so it’s hard to make out but from the little bits I could hear, Nicola’s vocals were brilliant.

Reactions: 2
Wonder if she will post her condolences to Sarah Harding 's mum. Rip Sarah

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve just seen Cheryls tribute to Sarah. I don’t know why but it just doesn’t sound right. There’s a lot of ‘I’ statements or am I just being bitter???

Reactions: 5
I’ve just seen Cheryls tribute to Sarah. I don’t know why but it just doesn’t sound right. There’s a lot of ‘I’ statements or am I just being bitter???
I think she overthought it, knowing it would be analysed.
Most people's tributes are about their experience of the person who died and how they feel about the loss I suppose.
Personally I never know what to write when someone has died before their time - everything sounds/feels trite and stilted.
I don't particularly like Cheryl but I'm sure she is devastated about Sarah's death.
Maybe you are just being bitter, I don't know, but I feel, rightly or wrongly, Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola will be judged on whatever they write and say about Sarah going forward.

Reactions: 14
Maybe you are just being bitter, I don't know, but I feel, rightly or wrongly, Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola will be judged on whatever they write and say about Sarah going forward.
I also feel this. They had to say something and they knew they’d get criticised/praised/picked apart. I could imagine them wanting to run away and hide tbh

Reactions: 9
Her statement felt appropriate to me.I think they are all pretty devastated and some of them are probably feeling a lot of guilt about how they treated Sarah back in the day(not Nadine).

Reactions: 16
I thought it was really nice of Cheryl to acknowledge that the Girls Aloud fans are grieving too.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.