Cherry oak manor

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buying chickens when she has a fear of them is the stupidest thing ever! And what’s with painting everything those ridiculous pastel colours?! How old is she!

Reactions: 1
It's all for the 'gram! I think she wants to sell eggs so I guess her brother the farmhand Ham will deal with them.

Reactions: 3
I think there’s absolutely an alternative/real reason behind pursuing that purchase (eg as you say to perhaps sell egg/make a living off the farm) because it makes no sense otherwise. She seems really miserable with it though (perhaps overwhelmed at how much needs doing) and I think without firebombing the place it isn’t going to have the aesthetic of her lovely old house any time soon and I could see that being depressing.

Reactions: 2
I think she knows what a huge mistake this whole thing is. I don’t quite understand the rush of them selling their old house. I know their reason was to be morgage free (which turned out to be a failure) but it all went so fast.

I’ve no idea why they paid so much for this place. Yes it has a lot of land, most only suitable for grazing. She’s mentioned holiday lets in the future. The farm isn’t in a particularly prime location. There’s a main A road a stones throw away which is frequently jammed when the port is busy. The village is notoriously cliquey and I doubt the parish council would approve permission. She obviously hates the house so why buy it. Plenty of more suitable properties out there but it’s all for the gram.

All I can see they’ve done is trade one huge debt for an even bigger one. The amount they’ve spent out so far on static caravans/stable works/landscaping etc will be extortionate. Add in a few cruises that they’ve booked and they’re living on borrowed time/money.

No way I’d want a mortgage that size at their ages.

I’ve no idea why they paid so much for this place. Yes it has a lot of land, most only suitable for grazing. She’s mentioned holiday lets in the future. The farm isn’t in a particularly prime location. There’s a main A road a stones throw away which is frequently jammed when the port is busy. The village is notoriously cliquey and I doubt the parish council would approve permission. She obviously hates the house so why buy it. Plenty of more suitable properties out there but it’s all for the gram.

All I can see they’ve done is trade one huge debt for an even bigger one. The amount they’ve spent out so far on static caravans/stable works/landscaping etc will be extortionate. Add in a few cruises that they’ve booked and they’re living on borrowed time/money.

I couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve said! I’m also local🤫 and can’t imagine anyone wanting to come and stay in holiday let’s, also agree that the village won’t be too impressed with that idea.

I can’t really see much of an income from selling eggs either, it’s all very very strange.

She looks very miserable.

You’re so right! Great to have some insight of you guys who are local. I don’t get this entire thing. It’s one big nightmare and disaster.

I can’t even get my head round why you’d have bothered to paint the units in the kitchen either, it still all looks really depressing and tit.

Reactions: 4
Oh geez they’re buying more animals…
I get the attraction, I really do. I have my own hobby farm with all types of animals and I love it and them but it’s a lot of work all day, every day. she has no idea what she’s doing and just picking stuff up at random. Buying a load of crap while most of the place isn’t ready yet.

Why get a rescue dog that isnt toilet trained? That would be the last thing you'd want with all the outdoor work, plus impending renovations. Cruel for the dog to not get full attention to its needs.

She doesn’t seem particularly clued up on the animals…why on earth would she get a dog? And an untrained rescue at that when she’s trying to settle in all the other animals, renovate, extend, set up a vegetable business and also run the other business?

and pigs today as well?

a lot of animals in a short space of time when she’s got a ton of work to do around her and seems to be doing it all at once. I have only followed for around a year but does she have much experience with animals? Especially farm animals? I didn’t think so but not sure what I missed before I followed. Jsut s lot to take on and learn all at once!

Why get a rescue dog that isnt toilet trained? That would be the last thing you'd want with all the outdoor work, plus impending renovations. Cruel for the dog to not get full attention to its needs.
I saw her asking for advice and thought of messaging her…the best thing is to just watch the dog like a hawk and give them love and attention and help him settle in and take him out when he looks like he needs to go. Not bring him home,film him through a door and then forget about him the next day because you’ve now brought bloody pigs!!

She doesn’t seem particularly clued up on the animals…why on earth would she get a dog? And an untrained rescue at that when she’s trying to settle in all the other animals, renovate, extend, set up a vegetable business and also run the other business?

and pigs today as well?

a lot of animals in a short space of time when she’s got a ton of work to do around her and seems to be doing it all at once. I have only followed for around a year but does she have much experience with animals? Especially farm animals? I didn’t think so but not sure what I missed before I followed. Jsut s lot to take on and learn all at once!

I saw her asking for advice and thought of messaging her…the best thing is to just watch the dog like a hawk and give them love and attention and help him settle in and take him out when he looks like he needs to go. Not bring him home,film him through a door and then forget about him the next day because you’ve now brought bloody pigs!!
I’ve followed her a while longer and she has zero experience with animals. It’s all too much at once. I agree with you, too many animals in way too short a time. The poor dog.

I did actually message her that he’s going to take up a lot of her time and she’ll have to watch him carefully to take him outside if he needs to go.

and pigs today as well?

She has a cat. Very different to 12 chickens, 4 ducks, 4 goats, 5 pigs, AND a dog? In the space of 1 week? VERY bizzare behaviour.

Over the years she has been, what she might like to refer herself as, an entrepreneur; having a disco/party business; a furniture shop; an interior designer; selling bespoke designs; cabinet business; she even ran a class on how to be an influencer🤢; and now she is a farmer with animals that she won’t go near (because she is scared of wings?) and selling crops on a large scale because she grew a few cucumbers in her garden (I’m assuming large scale as she has created a business called * Organic Farm Ltd - i’ve missed out the name of the farm for privacy reasons). Optimism or stupidism?

Reactions: 4
She has a cat. Very different to 12 chickens, 4 ducks, 4 goats, 5 pigs, AND a dog? In the space of 1 week? VERY bizzare behaviour.

Over the years she has been, what she might like to refer herself as, an entrepreneur; having a disco/party business; a furniture shop; an interior designer; selling bespoke designs; cabinet business; she even ran a class on how to be an influencer🤢; and now she is a farmer with animals that she won’t go near (because she is scared of wings?) and selling crops on a large scale because she grew a few cucumbers in her garden (I’m assuming large scale as she has created a business called * Organic Farm Ltd - i’ve missed out the name of the farm for privacy reasons). Optimism or stupidism?
Very erratic behaviour, I wonder if she has adhd or is on the spectrum like her son?

It seems like a huge rush to get all these animals in to prove something...I'm not sure what though. The feed/bedding and vets bills on top of saving for renovations seems counterintuitive. Training a rescue dog (whose temperament is unknown) along side live stock is asking for trouble. The poor cat must be wondering what the hell is going on. I've seen her other business ventures crash and burn, I doubt this will be any different. There's no profit in anything she's done so far and you don't take on a million pound estate without profit in mind. Well, normal people don't. Maybe Instagram makes it all magical and sparkly and gives you a fantastic turnover. ;)

She is really not keen on that dog Cody. Why on earth did she get him? Her posts seem very grudging with his pup behavior and now a vet visit because scratching himself raw. Poor Cody. The cat is stressed out. Ugh.