Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kazizzle

VIP Member
While everyone is back on the Cheer hype, thought I’d take the opportunity to point out that the ICU World Championships will be held later this month and it’s free to watch.

I think all the UK nations have both cheer and dance teams travelling to Florida to compete and it’s always worth a watch. It’s the 20-22 April and I can share the link nearer the time ☺

The ICU (International Cheer Union) is our lead governing body and they are working really hard with all member nations to regulate the sport better and pushing for more recognition of the sport (Olympics etc). Their worlds is kind of setting a precedent for the format any Olympic or other international cheer competitions should follow so I just thought I’d post about it in here in case anyone is interested in following the sport at another level.

Plus I’m proud of kids I coach who make the national teams every year so wanted to boast about their achievements 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

aidil

VIP Member
RUNS TO TIKTOK NOW

I’ve always been Team Ladarius too, I think the show did him a complete disservice and portrayed him as someone he isn’t. He’s clearly troubled and obviously had a rough upbringing. I can’t imagine how it would then feel to have the “home” you thought you’d found then turn their back on you.

Only half way through episode 3, but surprised at how much Jerry still features in the show, I can understand they can't completely cut him out of the documentary, but I feel like the solo interview parts etc could have been cut from the show.

Hihun

The second series isn’t a patch on the first but is still worth a watch. I really liked how the first series gave a good insight into all the hard work put into cheerleading, whereas this series is more focused on their personal lives. The relationship between Cassadee and Gillian was sweet though.
It felt like so many things were left unanswered, people leaving etc but that was probably due to covid making it difficult to do follow up interviews perhaps.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
All the stories were basically the same as well ‘grew up without money’ ‘we didn’t have much money growing up cheer was expensive my mum did all she could to let us do cheer’

Reactions: 7

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Watched 6 eps of this now and find myself starting to zone out when it gets like 20 mins in. The first eps were weird, kind of felt padded out as they kept going on big monologues about absolutely nothing.

The Jerry episode was a bit darker than I expected. He was like a serial predator or something. And when they came back after Covid it definitely wasn't the same. Any magic was truly gone. Especially with the coach flying off to get her reality TV career going. And couldn't care one bit about the other school. I think they had something magic that just seemed to work with the first season but can't see it getting renewed after this
omg the constant monologues are getting soooo repetitive! So sick of hearing Monica complain about getting negative attention. I actually find the TVCC bits slightly more interesting. I may be in the minority but I like Jada - she may not be a 'soft' personality, doesn't seem interested in being likeable for the cameras but I find that really refreshing. Overall this series is beginning to drag for me though (i'm on episode 6). Also what happened to Andy after covid?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I had another nosey at his TikTok and fell down a rabbit hole. Did anyone else see the part where he claims and shared messages about Monica choking athletes? And how she said Jerry was unethical but not that bad”. I wonder if part of the reason S2 split between two gyms was because producers were becoming more aware of problems at the gym. Apparently there’s lawsuits involving athletes and coaches that Navarro/ cheer organisations are trying to hide.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

petra23

I watched it last night and I take my hat off to all of them! They are so committed and driven, it's really admirable. I felt tired just watching them practice.

I thought that Jerry and Morgan were so sweet. I loved the way the Jerry gently encouraged La'Darius to call Allie, it just shows the type of person he is.

Gabi's parents literally just use her as a cash cow. I really didn't like the way her parents spoke to her, considering even they admitted that she was a great money making scheme. I hope that when she retires from Cheer she has something to fall back on as I don't think her parents have considered that this won't last forever.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Hey everyone, hope you’re all okay!
Just came to say - have u guys seen all of ladarius tiktoks from the last few hours!!!!!! 💀💀💀💀
---

ETA: he’s came with all the tea and receipts!! Also said Gabi has slept with him in every relationship she’s been in including his current one & has proof of them 🫣
Came here after watching Gabis insta live on Twitter where she’s clearly very angry. Tbh I think Ladarius is telling the truth and one of the most honest people on that show. They made him out to be problematic, mentally ill and an angry black man and none of them stood up for him and yet supported a paedophile?? Gabi probably also supports Robert too (had a small cameo on season 1 and was also convicted). She’s always come across as someone who either blames her mistakes on others or just never holds herself accountable.

• Heart

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Just finished and I’m team TVCC as well! It’s nice to see the underdogs come through, could have cried when Navarro flew to Daytona and they had to get on a coach for 16 hours 😭 I was getting concerned that Dee’s pride would have cost them their chance at winning though. How amazing was Angel 🤩

I think from the start that Navarro were just too distracted, with the PR and work opportunities, Monica on DWTS, and of course Covid, Jerry’s arrest and LaDarius’s falling out with Kailee.. they were never going to perform at their best. I felt sorry for Gillian though bless her. And the OGs who missed out on the 2020 competition.

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I found her Dad worse, the way he spoke to all the girls in his family was awful. When she was trying to do school work and they were going on at her about making a YouTube Ad video and posting pictures in Instagram to advertise the sisters bikini business which they only started to exploit Gabi in the first place.

It was hard watching the pressure get to her and how it effected her cheerleading because her head was all over the place.
The dad is a total weirdo. The way he actually got excited for his daughter to post bikini photos was just weird. She’s treated like a business without any consideration for how she feels as a person.

kazizzle

VIP Member
Day One

Didn't feel they looked super confident. They had a fall in the elite unassisted stunt section at the start, and then the same flyer had a bobble (where the stunt wobbles but doesn't come down) and then there was a major fall in pyramid. Like centre flyer on the mat type major fall. Luckily everyone looked ok and they got the stunt back up for the end of the pyramid. There was some INSAAANE tumbling though so they just need to hit those stunts for day 2. I reckon a 2 point deduction for them today.

A hit for Navarro. Routine looked fab. Nothing else much to add :)

Hoping we get some day 1 scores made public later today and can get an idea of where things are sitting going in to day 2. If anyone remembers my previous post where I analysed last years scoresheets (it's post 72 on page 4), day one is usually 25% of your final score and day two is 75%. So there's everything still to play for.

• Heart

Imainlylurk

LaDarius reminds me a bit of a friend of mine who also experienced a really tumultuous childhood. He tends to form bonds very quickly and also rejects people very quickly and dramatically. If you aren't responsive in even the slightest way he lashes out. It's basically the result of prolonged trauma and I have a lot of sympathy with LaDarius but also Monica because it's difficult to deal with.

I liked S2. I thought they dealt with the issues created by S1 well, acknowledging the effect the documentary had on the team. The Jerry episode was hard watching, but well done.

I was routing for Trinity by the end. All crowded together in their cheaper hotel! They seemed to have the better routine, even ignoring the mistakes.

I love that Kris has found a chosen family who totally loves him.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Watched 6 eps of this now and find myself starting to zone out when it gets like 20 mins in. The first eps were weird, kind of felt padded out as they kept going on big monologues about absolutely nothing.

The Jerry episode was a bit darker than I expected. He was like a serial predator or something. And when they came back after Covid it definitely wasn't the same. Any magic was truly gone. Especially with the coach flying off to get her reality TV career going. And couldn't care one bit about the other school. I think they had something magic that just seemed to work with the first season but can't see it getting renewed after this

Just having a nose

Chatty Member
Presented by Monica and Andy. Is that Angel and Dee in the poster??

Monica really grabbing that cash while she can. Explains why Morgan said she retired then was back training again, needs to get up to scratch if they’re all touring.

I’d love to see this though , wish they were coming here 😂
Monica is 100000% grabbing at that cash whilst she can! I don’t blame her tbh 😂 from rewatching the first season when I had covid it’s clear that Monica felt as though she ‘settled’ by being a coach at Navarro. She mentioned about a hundred times that she had a business degree and how she thought she was going to end up on wall street. I don’t think I’m alone as a woman with kids who feels as though they sacrificed a lot for their children in terms of their career. It’s clear that Monica feels as though she’s finally reached her potential snd is using that business degree and MBA to her full advantage. I do wonder how that effects their Daytona training! Deffo letting in fall by the wayside for fame and money.

kazizzle

VIP Member
How is Gabi back cheering for Navarro? 😂
I was confused because I thought she'd gone to Weber State? I reckon the Navarro/Gabi partnership is super lucrative for both parties so Monica jus keeps bringing her back. NGL I'd be mad if I was bumped off mat to make room for Gabi just a few months before Daytona though. She still seemed to be cheering at Weber in December. If she was just in it for cheer and not for fame (not like she needs the increased fame tbh - she was already one of the biggest names in the cheer world before Cheer) I would stay at Weber - they has the highest overall score at Daytona last year. Super talented team.

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I’ve just finished and it wasn’t a patch on the 1st series but I still loved it. Really didn’t like TVCC though. And thought for them they just came across throughout all as thoroughly bitter.

Already hoping there will be a 3rd series and that Navarro get he title again!

I’ve just finished and it wasn’t a patch on the 1st series but I still loved it. Really didn’t like TVCC though. And thought for them they just came across throughout all as thoroughly bitter.

Already hoping there will be a 3rd series and that Navarro get he title again!
oh and any one else think the TVCC coach Khris reminds them of Coach from Ted Lasso?!?

comment on life

Gabi's parents are something else... I dont know if anyone on here watched "Cheerleaders" on youtube but it documented a lot of Gabi's earlier days in Cheer. Her Mother has definitely gotten worse. She seemed a little kooky in the youtube series but now she has transformed into a 100% momager that just seems to see her daughter (who seems genuinely talented, sweet and hardworking) as a complete cash cow.

I know Gabi has responded to all of the negative tweets etc. saying her family are super supportive but that does not come across at all...