Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunflower91

VIP Member
Just finished episode 1 and have some thoughts:

- The show is doing TV no favours. I’ve heard that they were asked to feature more heavily in S1 but chose to decline because they wanted to see what direction the show would go in first but they look so incredibly bitter of Navarro’s success.

- I can’t remember his name for the life of me but the TV athlete who basically implied that Daytona was rigged since Navarro got to perform twice was so mind boggling. If anything they were at a disadvantage as they were down one athlete and had to regroup last minute.

- Not a fan of Jada and her superiority complex at all.

- Love the Navarro newbies. I understand why Brooke didn’t make the team but the way Monica spoke about her during the deliberation process seemed a little harsh?

- A lot more footage of Jerry than what I expected there to be. Granted there was no way they could’ve edited him out completely but it feels so chilling seeing him onscreen knowing what has happened since filming.

- The dynamic between the main cast and the “background” athletes is really interesting to see. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are downplaying it so they don’t look bitter lmao.
ooh yes! I’m not 100% how scoring works for college cheer but Im sure in all stars if they need to stop for injury or something the score only counts from the point of the stoppage. So any SB,AF or incomplete tumbling etc from the first performance still count. So it stops the whole “performed twice” advantage thing

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Aw man, I just saw that there's a new season and started it, then came here to see what the Tattle ladies had to say and well.... Doesn't seem like season 2 will deliver...

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
Netflix camera maybe????

The link was removed, but on Morgan’s stories I saw a photographer but no cameras 💔

Caitlyn130

VIP Member
She went on about how she treated him like a son, had him over for dinners etc but when he truly needed her she wasn't there. It's a shame their relationship fell apart like it did as I think she was the only parental figure in his life.
I agree. I really like LaDarius (though I know he's not perfect) and it was obvious that he was lashing out because he felt he left when she should have been there. I hope he goes on to do everything he wants in life, I root for him so hard I really do.

I agree with @Just having a nose. I lost my dad when I was a teenager and I've experienced that attachment for a father figure once or twice. I'm glad Monica did something for herself, she deserved it.

I wasn't too keen on TVCC. I did like Khris though. I think I get a bit turned off by all the motivational talk/shouting and how OTT it is. I know it's cheerleading but it grated on me so much by the last episode that I was fast forwarding all through it. Jada was the absolute worst.

This season was literally watching TVCC say "fuck" repeatedly and seem really bitter.
Yeah, this is the only impression they left on me too.

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
Ladarius is serving tea on his Instagram stories Q&A today!
He’s saying he was physically and mentally abused at Navarro?

kazizzle

VIP Member
Day 2! I’m watching in the hairdressers on my phone so don’t have as keen an eye as I might if I was at home.

A hit! Routine looked much more solid than yesterday plus the athletes looked like they were enjoying it more. Maybe the effect of being on the Band Shell rather than inside like yesterday.

A hit! My feed buffered the whole way through though so I basically missed the whole routine.

Personally I LOVE when all teams in a division hit so this is super exciting. It’s going to be so close and will really come down to overall technique and difficulty of the routine rather than having any deductions in the way. So excited!!!

Noseyoldcow

VIP Member
Yeah he basically alluded to the fact Monica was not the nice,motherly person she was made out to be in the series and it was all acting etc

Sunflower91

VIP Member
I think both can be true in parts. I haven’t seen the videos of ladarius but it sounds really problematic. The justification of black face and hazing reads like something the butlers wrote. Regardless of whether it was intended to be racially charged or not it’s not okay, it’s like saying you used a racial slur but meant it in a nice way.