Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 895565
Escape to rural France
Editing the christmas intro - EP156
Nov 29, 2021

Tony InLosAngeles
3 minutes ago (edited)
@Virginia creeper I’m still so shook I haven’t been able to get all the way through it…it’s so distracting. I can’t yet put my thoughts together to weigh in on the Madame’s Medieval Madness…
I have specifically crawled SJ's vlog for Tony's reaction and was shocked to not see something like this there!! Tony being so shook is hilarious!

Meh..I don't know..he's not much of a golden goose. He owns a camper van and a dog. She owns a property that generates income as a holiday let. Other than his online presence, what does he really have to offer? Negligible tango skills? Don't get me wrong, I still think they're daft as brushes for thinking they can buy a chateau and be able to instantly hold events, but it seems the two share a spark and are on a similar wavelength whether she's conniving or not.
He has (or had) Stephanie and her viewers. That's where Tatty found him and stalked him, and saw that her audience could be hers as well ... and she went after him thinking she had found her golden egg for advertising her ideas and fund raising them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I dont think Selmar has so much to loose... i also dont think they have the money already...otherwise the chateau would be under bidding...
Maybe its for sale for a long time...i find the price really high for what it is..my guess is that the owners agreed on their plan..and are awaiting..
The Chateau was put on the market in May 2021.

Reactions: 16
View attachment 895565
Escape to rural France
Editing the christmas intro - EP156
Nov 29, 2021

Jimmy Connolly
21 minutes ago
Movember currently on £8,795 Only £1,205 needed to hit the £10k Merry Christmas 🎄🎅
Show less

Virginia creeper
16 minutes ago
Brilliant. Good for Dan and his sidekick. It makes all that dosh for Selmar shitoo outrageous

Jimmy Connolly
12 minutes ago
@Virginia creeper 😂😂😂

Tony InLosAngeles
8 minutes ago
Hi Jimmy it just dawned on me that I can run this on instagram… I’m in Facebook Jail 🤬
Tony InLosAngeles
3 minutes ago (edited)
@Virginia creeper I’m still so shook I haven’t been able to get all the way through it…it’s so distracting. I can’t yet put my thoughts together to weigh in on the Madame’s Medieval Madness…
...and...
Tony InLosAngeles

2 minutes ago
Château DYI I had jumped your courtyard surprise! Davey’s plan called for trees to be planted outside the box hedge. I wrote about it in the comments when I saw them measuring up the courtyard, and the are drawn in the plans.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
at 4.57 you see in Dans vlog a camera...is she having a securitysystem?? with the doors unlocked because it is so safe down there... :rolleyes: or is she able to sneak on everybody from her bed...

Tomorrow we see the erotic shave of Dan and Amaury...no thanks...i dont see much erotic in Amaury..and certainly not in skinny Dan...who is never properly shaved..so not much difference to me...and btw his nose is again stuffed..those people have more colds in a few months than i have had in ten years...
1638215182651.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I don't have very good feeling of Tatyana. My senses say that there is something suspicious about her. Her entire presence seems quite shallow and even her speaking voice/tone doesn't sound really hers.

There is no time limit for love or how long you have to love someone to truly love them BUT I always get suspicious when people get together and start making big changes, such as huge financial purchases together. It is just unwise.

How long they have actually known each other, like in person, I don't mean online relationship. Half a year?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Meh..I don't know..he's not much of a golden goose. He owns a camper van and a dog. She owns a property that generates income as a holiday let. Other than his online presence, what does he really have to offer? Negligible tango skills? Don't get me wrong, I still think they're daft as brushes for thinking they can buy a chateau with other peoples money and be able to instantly hold events, but it seems the two share a spark and are on a similar wavelength whether she's conniving or not.
I don't mean that he had anything materially to offer but I suspect that it was his online platform that was the appeal. She doesn't seem to lie attracted to him or even to like him and I think he is desperate for someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
ADVENT SEASON HAS BEGUN

Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent, wasn't it?

Uhmmm....where's the much-anticipated first and second days of Advent vlogs?

Did SJ speak ex-cathedra and decide to have her own religious calendar?

Or is it just her being herself pissing on other people's religious festivals?

Or will she blame Dan the Gardener for not meeting his deadline for the Advent intro video?

cd222.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Phoenix. I sat next to your fashion Santa on the streetcar

That’s legit. There’s a long long quarantine for dogs entering the UK
Since the advent of the 'pet passport', if you follow all of the rules (microchipped, vet check/clean bill of health within certain time span before travel, rabies shot & other vaccines up to date and pet passport) then there's no quarantine. If you don't meet all the criteria, then you might face a 4 month quarantine. Years ago, before the pet passports, it was a manditory six month quarantine.

Reactions: 12
Billy is showing us around his heap to let us admire all his antiques...omg..he thinks he is the conservator of the queens gallery or what??
He talks about his diningtable where 50 people easily can sit on..because it has so much hidden space...and then he tells us he had to bring oak from lalalande to get the table larger..?? what a lott of bullshit..if you have nothing better to tell..shut up..and start renovating your convent Billy...lotts there to be done..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
... Once they have bought the chateau, no events will be organized. They will blame Covid or anything else outside their responsibility.

That's my concern. What is Kickstarter's policy for something that is successfully crowd funded but not carried through to the funders? Usually what I've seen on Kickstarter are actual tangible products. I recall looking at one for a specifically put together goal planner and another for a handbag. So, once it's funded, the journal (or handbag) is made and those who pledged, get one when it's finally made .
But in this intangible product of a festival that can be cancelled due to so many uncontrollable reasons particularly during a freaking PANDEMIC... well, it's truly strange.
Kickstarter must have some sort of policy for promised product not being delivered? Most are entrepreneurs who do want their products to be successful though , they don't run off with a bunch of produced products and disappear.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
from DTM ..
The roof needs maintenance
They have cctv
SSB likes to play handsy with her support squirrel

Roof .jpg

Roof2.jpg
hands.jpg

hands2.jpg
hands3.jpg

hands4.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I have been lurking in this forum for a while because I wasn’t really sure how to feel about CD (personally I don’t care about the whole youtube grift so much since clearly a lot of people are still watching).

BUT that whole kickstarter for Selmar really takes the cake. First of all, the audacity to ask for this much money for a fully furnished castle that is worth like 1.5 mil. It’s really not in a chateau DIY spirit. Because at least with the other chateaux owners you can see the angle of “help us save and renovate this historic monument”. Selmar’s is just a fancy castle - why should anyone want to pay him to live there?

As for the festival plans: as someone who has already organized public cultural events, I feel like they have no idea how hard it is to organize a 2000 people event. Organizational and financial deficits aside, where are these people supposed to come from? You’d need a huge marketing budget and a lot of time to reach so many people. That’s why most event planners start with small events and work their way up.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
ADVENT SEASON HAS BEGUN

Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent, wasn't it?

Uhmmm....where's the much-anticipated first and second days of Advent vlogs?

Did SJ speak ex-cathedra and decide to have her own religious calendar?

Or is it just her being herself pissing on other people's religious festivals?

Or will she blame Dan the Gardener for not meeting his deadline for the Advent intro video?
I think a lot of people consider Dec 1 the first day of Advent - you wouldn't want to run out of chocolate ahead of time, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Maybe she uses a pseudonym as a writer. I've tried reading one of her books which is not surprisingly based on the Lead character being Lucius Malfoy but It didn't hold my attention. I'm not a Harry Potter fan nor Lord of the rings type films, too many characters to keep up with.
Does she write fanfic? Let's not forget you don't have to be a great writer to get a huge book deal that then leads to a movie deal! See: Twilight saga , 50 Shades Of Grey (both started off as fan fic and blew up and neither are particularly well-written.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't mean that he had anything materially to offer but I suspect that it was his online platform that was the appeal. She doesn't seem to lie attracted to him or even to like him and I think he is desperate for someone.
I agree, without the online platform, she would not have been aware of him and it's likely they would not have met. I don't get the impression that she doesn't like him though...I guess we all interpret things differently.
Since they're probably set in their ways, there's going to be a period of adjustment like any couple...maybe even more so since they sort of jumped in together feet first and moved I think a little too fast.

Reactions: 8
i dont have much experience with mortgages, but i dont imagine it being so easy to get a loan for 1.7 million..they have hardly an income...or are the banks in France so easygoing??
They *specifically* have said they don't want a loan. That's why they are crowdfunding and doing it from the other direction... Raising money from custumers ahead of the product .

• Wow
Reactions: 11
from DTM ..
The roof needs maintenance
They have cctv
SSB likes to play handsy with her support squirrel

View attachment 895592

View attachment 895594 View attachment 895603

View attachment 895606 View attachment 895608

View attachment 895609
Philjars should f##k right off. He looks like a nephew dealing with an ailing aunt. That said, I've been through his insta and there is a slight resemblance between Stepjars and his own mother. (Who is probably within 5 years of Steppie's age) The whole thing reminds me of a 14 year old boy I once hugged when I was 16 and we had to date for 6 weeks. I couldn't wait to get rid of him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't have very good feeling of Tatyana. My senses say that there is something suspicious about her. Her entire presence seems quite shallow and even her speaking voice/tone doesn't sound really hers.

There is no time limit for love or how long you have to love someone to truly love them BUT I always get suspicious when people get together and start making big changes, such as huge financial purchases together. It is just unwise.

How long they have actually known each other, like in person, I don't mean online relationship. Half a year?
100 % AGREE. And the way she just showed up was really strange. I doubt even six months of knowing eachother. Mind you she could have been following his facebook page for some time. I get a sense she's going to hightail sooner rather than later. Correct me if I'm wrong, was she the one who got Selmar into a patreon account? I really hope she doesn't have access to those funds.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.