Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MPK wearing his Ralph Lauren. šŸ™„ My younger niece and her friends would NEVER be caught wearing logos on their clothesā€¦itā€™s not ā€œinā€ to do that.
8E21CA3F-B527-4CD7-993C-302270400AB9.jpeg

MPK looks happiest when given a cocktailā€¦

EB8E28FB-D4FA-4090-98DB-FA0E78EA517E.jpeg

And hereā€™s an inebriated MPK catching bathroom runoff from the kitchen ceiling in a champagne fluteā€¦classyā€¦

619E7F9F-CE16-4A02-A024-670B17CB152B.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm STILL wondering what happened to Christopher? Why do I have the feeling that Methy scared him away?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Both came from loving homes, with Papas who do a ton of manual labour. I suspect Anna (who is a type-A personality) was far less coddled- and Pa Petherick ("FML- this boy is a lost cause already, as he's playing with dress-up with Barbies!") just kind of gave up on his eldest son. Anna is a Daddy's girl, but her Dad doesn't seem like the type to pamper his princess- he's more or less the "Get the saw- you're going to learn life skills NOW!" type of guy. Whereas Pa, "Well, at least I have another son- the first is a disappointment. Go on, son, play dress-up in Ma's high heels and cover stuff in glitter."
And yet T Rex....... Teabag does very little and the brother that did not play with Barbies married a $$ woman and really - lives off her.
I would not be that proud of him if he was my son too.
Its a strange family I think. Can't make them all out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
ā€¦And hereā€™s an inebriated MPK catching bathroom runoff from the kitchen ceiling in a champagne fluteā€¦classyā€¦
I did like it when MPK tried to take a joke sip of the dripping ceiling toilet water and almost threw up. If he actually did throw up, he would have really turned things around and made it the best episode of CD ever!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
putting out those haunted house videos about the chateau de begmania aren't a good idea if they are trying to sell!

I missed it, I guess, but where did Michael say he was staying at Lalande through Christmas? @Lady Avonlea
No one who is going to buy CDB is likely watching their haunted house videos - was all a gimmick for youtube.
Could be wrong, but recall when Michael and SJ were in Paris (the morning after) they mentioned Michael coming for Thanksgiving and staying on for a while.

Reactions: 10
MPK had a volunteer at his disposalā€¦and we only saw him at two different dumps. Thatā€™s it. What a waste of a trip (for Christopher) and wasted opportunity for MPK. šŸ™„
IKR? What were they going to have Christopher do? Clear out the AGA ashes?

• Haha
IKR? What were they going to have Christopher do? Clear out the AGA ashes?
I canā€™t imagine MPK letting anyone touch the precious AGAā€¦itā€™s the only thing of value he actually owns! Just thinkā€¦being 35 years old and his most valuable asset is a stove!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I canā€™t imagine MPK letting anyone touch the precious AGAā€¦itā€™s the only thing of value he actually owns! Just thinkā€¦being 35 years old and his most valuable asset is a stove!
That kind of sums it up!

• Heart
Morning All. Ye Gods Iā€™m so many threads behind but too busy to catch up. However, this popped up on Instagram this morning and I had to spread the lurve with you all. Nauseating isnā€™t the word šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¢ Iā€™ll apologise right now. šŸ˜€
What makes this picture even more disgusting, is that it is taken at Tess Hoffman's home (well, her ex-boyfriend's home to be accurate), where they were invited for Thanksgiving (on the real day, so not the fake one she filmed at the HMN the day before with Snorty's puke on the table). It was explicitly asked to not film that night, but the two newly-found-love-birds apparently couldn't help themselves.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I also love Tony InLosAngeles, he continues the legacy of Bibi Bonbon.
What happened to her, I wonder? She was a beast and then she was gone.

It will be interesting how Fanny deals with the new COVID variant (dreams and plans to see Mini Apron in SA are out the window unless you leave NOW, silly girl, but be warned it IS a one-way deal- you can't just go back home when you feel up to it.) I suggest she chooses her travel companions wisely if she chooses to bail right now.
She's not worried, her head is still in Xmas mode. She's sure it will all be cleared up by the time she needs to go there and if not, she will find a way to have her well deserved rest from the celebrations elsewhere. Not for one moment is she sad not to see her mother again. As she has said over and over again: it has been a wonderful year for her. Nor having the old hag there to shout at her is a big part of that happiness. Life is so much easier when she's not around, and not just for SJ.

Now that we're talking about Phil and Angelina, putting out any vlogs by them is a bad business idea. Any bride or party planner googling them up and finding their YT channel just confirms them to keep on searching for another chateau.
I would say the same goes for SJ and her HMN, but then again, not everybody listens apparently.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I watched her last two, and while the town is certainly picturesque she keeps showing the same few streets over and over. Also, she is entirely propped up by Jill (?) and Nicky, her accommodation, studio, and also meals it seems. I would be impressed if she was actually doing things on her own.
There is only one main street in Haworth. It's a small village with a few equally small villages and hamlets surrounding it. Marie lives in the village of Oxenhope, about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the main street.
I'm surprised Marie doesn't show the lovely moorlands surrounding Haworth, or the very famous (used on TV and film) steam railway down the bottom of the hill. The whole area was used in the original film of the Railway Children, especially the village of Oakworth a mile away. She needs to be more adventurous and go to tourist information at the Parsonage. She could get lovely footage of the buildings used in "Wuthering Heights",
all very close by.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Next step, patron account.
Is it Postcard Perfect? | Manor & Maker
Nov 23, 2021
comments...

Max Pax
20 hours ago
A very nice couple, but these chateau volgs are about as sterile as a bible reading by Rick Steves and Martha Stewart. Perfect for Gran's retirement community.

Manor and Maker
9 hours ago
Just what we are going for šŸ˜‰ yeah, we are never likely to be a hot mess drama channel, but we are only a month in, and getting comfortable with being vulnerable on the internet after many years of lurking!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Getting comfortable with grifting after many years of earning your money with real work?

There is only one main street in Haworth. It's a small village with a few equally small villages and hamlets surrounding it. Marie lives in the village of Oxenhope, about 1/2 - 1 mile away from the main street.
I'm surprised Marie doesn't show the lovely moorlands surrounding Haworth, or the very famous (used on TV and film) steam railway down the bottom of the hill. The whole area was used in the original film of the Railway Children, especially the village of Oakworth a mile away. She needs to be more adventurous and go to tourist information at the Parsonage. She could get lovely footage of the buildings used in "Wuthering Heights",
all very close by.
You forgot that Marie doesn't read. So never bought a travel guide for this area.
And it seems she doesn't run anymore? No need for runner's high anymore? šŸ¤”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Iā€™ve said this before but heā€™s an alcoholic or at the very least alcohol dependant as a loved family member what are you supposed to do, itā€™s a no win situation if you criticise they disappear and go on a bender and you have no idea where they are or if they are even alive, itā€™s easy to be on the outside but once youā€™ve glimpse inside this world life is never the same again, so donā€™t be so judgmental towards his family
We don't know if MPK is an alcoholic, its not fair for people to decide this through a YouTube vlog, with no medical training. He certainly appears to drink heavily.He may have mental health issues and be self medicating.
I used to work with people with addictions it dies them no favours to enable or try to contain their behaviour. Seeking professional help or a rehab programme is the best way to help. Sadly very few addicts change but some do. The best drugs counsellor I knew, who ran a relatively successful rehab programme, was an ex addict himself. Addicts respected him and listened to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Agreed- she is just now building a business, and SHOULD keep her butt in place! Marie, what are you thinking?!?
Why? With her give note 5 days in advance policy she knew she is good to go for a week. It's all about time management šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Getting comfortable with grifting after many years of earning your money with real work?

You forgot that Marie doesn't read. So never bought a travel guide for this area.
And it seems she doesn't run anymore? No need for runner's high anymore? šŸ¤”
She likes walking dogs, maybe she could borrow a well behaved dog, (that won't run off lol!) I'm surprised she's never walked to the bottom of the hill though or gone in the Parsonage .You can't miss the station. Maybe Nichola and Jill will introduce her to the area.

Reactions: 12
We don't know if MPK is an alcoholic, its not fair for people to decide this through a YouTube vlog, with no medical training. He certainly appears to drink heavily.He may have mental health issues and be self medicating.
I used to work with people with addictions it dies them no favours to enable or try to contain their behaviour. Seeking professional help or a rehab programme is the best way to help. Sadly very few addicts change but some do. The best drugs counsellor I knew, who ran a relatively successful rehab programme, was an ex addict himself. Addicts respected him and listened to him.
If MPK is alcoholic (or suffers from drug addiction) and took time off from YouTube to seek professional help, I would have respect for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.