Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stuck on the roof terrace still! :ROFLMAO: But seriously i think its crazy to promise daily vlogs. Life happens and there is bound to be days when you dont feel like it or are having difficulties and people still expect daily vlogs
I know I do😣.
I hope no one is sick!
And I hope their isn't discord in the household.
I like Dan WITH Annalisse.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How happy do Selmar, Tatty, and Andi look in the kitchen in Selmar's very boring flog? Didn't look much like Life, Love and Laughter to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It would be funny if Ann Marie and Dan decided their future lies in being together in the van forever! 🚐
Only joking, I love Annalise💕.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hi Julia! Welcome to Tattle Life--a site full of love, life, and a whole lot of laughter!

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
I have read (on and off) at the site since Michael Petherick mentioned it on his "I'm sad and bullied" video from February. No one has ever mentioned its name in a comment (that I've seen), but it is a super easy google find. Had Michael never mentioned it I wouldn't have a clue about it. He's taken that video down, but Stephanie made a lengthy comment on it, she reads that sight, actually it sounded like they kind of read it together at the chateau and have a good laugh about some of the comments. She really only seemed to have issue with some of the comments made about her father, which were really over the top. I have read enough there to say that is can be very mean, BUT it is also a place where there is some very very interesting critique and some absolutely hilarious humor, and in many ways they are a very caring and warm community with each other. Recently they have been talking about who has domestic help, and quite a number of them do. I don't think they are "wannabes" at all, but they are suspicious of what is shown on the vlogs, and especially disgusted by the amount someone as wealth as Stephanie is getting from the "grannies" who might not have much themselves.
Show less
Julia
Hi Julia! Welcome to Tattle Life--a site full of love, life, and a whole lot of laughter!

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
I have read (on and off) at the site since Michael Petherick mentioned it on his "I'm sad and bullied" video from February. No one has ever mentioned its name in a comment (that I've seen), but it is a super easy google find. Had Michael never mentioned it I wouldn't have a clue about it. He's taken that video down, but Stephanie made a lengthy comment on it, she reads that sight, actually it sounded like they kind of read it together at the chateau and have a good laugh about some of the comments. She really only seemed to have issue with some of the comments made about her father, which were really over the top. I have read enough there to say that is can be very mean, BUT it is also a place where there is some very very interesting critique and some absolutely hilarious humor, and in many ways they are a very caring and warm community with each other. Recently they have been talking about who has domestic help, and quite a number of them do. I don't think they are "wannabes" at all, but they are suspicious of what is shown on the vlogs, and especially disgusted by the amount someone as wealth as Stephanie is getting from the "grannies" who might not have much themselves.
Show less
Julia! You’re brilliant …. Come play over here with us!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
How happy do Selmar, Tatty, and Andi look in the kitchen in Selmar's very boring flog? Didn't look much like Life, Love and Laughter to me!
I think Andie is slipping. She seems crabby a lot of the time during this most recent visit.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
You realize that it's a formatted tv show, that everything is set up for entaintainment. The chateau owners dealing with BS "last minute" drama for Dick to snark about and Angela and him to come in and save the day when they "didn't know how" to do things ( ie showing people "how to do" things they were already quite capable of doing ). This style of show is very popular in North American
yes of course the TV producers did set-ups to have “help with on-sight” with projects which were possibly doable by the chateau owners but many of mistakes he pointed out were certainly chateau owners actions and not set-ups (e.g. not following safety protocols, making structural mistakes causing them to re-do work, using incorrect products that are not up to code)

Dick is already fairly snarky and a grumpy old cuss-his comments about issues of safety and code compliance were spot on and not based on things “set-up“ for him to find and comment on-that came from his experience-even if you don‘t like Dick, I think you can agree he certainly has more knowledge and experience than the chateau owners on the early series

you realize I’m an American, right?

Oh Evelyn...you know you secretly love it here...I bet we are your guilty pleasure :ROFLMAO: It truly is spiffing how it is assumed we all don't hold jobs here, yet we are paid trolls!? Silly little grannies :love:💋
I bet Evelyn has all sorts of guilty pleasures. I’ll bet she is a naughty, naughty girl. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
For the claustrophobic, life on the northern Canadian prairies this morning. Now I'm heading home, 3 minute drive from work for my Friday evening supper with my fam. The husband's turn to cook, spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread & salad.

autumn morning 1.jpg

autumn morning 2.jpg

autumn morning 3.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Again. I "love" those sideburns!!!
Evelyn, you’ve got it turned around. It’s not trolls causing you angst, it’s that bowl haircut. Send me your Venmo and I’ll send over some of my hard earned troll dollars and the name of a proper salon.

I have been waiting for my paycheck for so long! When am I going to get paid for being a Tattler? Come on, Mr. George Soros! Where's my paycheck?
:LOL: ✌;)
Wait, does this mean M Parker and Jill Scott don’t like us? Does it mean …. Gulp….we won’t be receiving Christmas cards from either? How are we to survive?? Such cruel witches. Sad!! 😪😂😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh Evelyn...you know you secretly love it here...I bet we are your guilty pleasure :ROFLMAO: It truly is spiffing how it is assumed we all don't hold jobs here, yet we are paid trolls!? Silly little grannies :love:💋
The secret is to find a job during it you can secretly read tattle. Voilà

• Haha
Reactions: 16
NOW I know why you look and sound so familiar. Manhattan, Jewish, looking like a young God.. I should have known earlier, MICHAEL!
The Marquis Fiancee here:
:love: Except the Marquis is 6'5 (197cm) and has less chest hair and is way younger. ;)

For the claustrophobic, life on the northern Canadian prairies this morning. Now I'm heading home, 3 minute drive from work for my Friday evening supper with my fam. The husband's turn to cook, spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread & salad.

View attachment 812260

View attachment 812261

View attachment 812262
We just got out of Shabbat service, and walking back home.
Wow! The Alberta countryside is pretty! But, even though I grew up in Texas, that kind of vastness scares me. You're literally in the middle of nowhere. How far away is the closest town?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
We’ve seen how Isabelle treats the hired white “help” on camera, I can only imagine how she might treat a black “help” off camera. Her generation of French people are not known for their equal treatment of black people. I’m speaking from experience here. Add in a cultural acceptance of maltreatment of other humans (i.e. SA and the “servant” culture) and I would hate to be a fly on the wall in Percy’s house. No matter what “luxury” @Rory may hope these people are living in compared to their origins, it is all exploitation of blacks by whites, and the reason black people are living in slums in poverty in SA is also because of white peoples treatment of them. There must be some cognitive dissonance going on to be able to live like that. I certainly could not sleep easy at night knowing another human being was sleeping on a floor in my outhouse, or utility room. Disgusting, treating people like dogs.
I feel I need to defend myself and my comments. I was sharing my experience of Asia, where being a maid overseas is safe, legal, regulated, employment. I was stating that we do not know the Beatrice experience or facts - one comment on an Air BnB review, and @Clara B. Stating she lived in a room. We have no idea what the alternative is/was. If you are familiar with my comments you would know I am not comfortable with such practices personally but don't jump to judge immediately.

• Heart
Love Briggs Meyers. It’s surprisingly accurate. I’m ENFP and it’s accurate for me. I used to work with a team of 300 engineers and we sent out the BM test for them to do at Christmas for a bit of fun. Over 2 thirds had the same result. Engineers are great I loved working with them.
I’m a ENTJ. And female. Which is pretty unusual. 0.9% of all women. I’m also an Aries. I’m hell on wheels. VICTORY OR DEATH!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow! The Alberta countryside is pretty! But, even though I grew up in Texas, that kind of vastness scares me. You're literally in the middle of nowhere. How far away is the closest town?
We are on the very edge of our little town of under 3000. Out the front door is small town. We are 15 minutes from a small city of about 70,000.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Wow! Thank you, I will share this info with my son!!
Great!...Is he a sci-fi writer or artist or is he just a fan as I am? They always have such fun authors there and one year they even had a Florida panther there that you could pet (ILooking back, I suspect the panther was heavily sedated :mad:)...I hope he finds out when and where it is this year (May have already been held as it's now late in the year)...

Yes, already past...I found the website...

Looking at their history link, I went from 1998-2006

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I understand a bit about what you mean. When I was a kid we moved to the prairies from the interior of BC, and I felt the vastness. And now when I go back to the some mountains I can feel claustrophobic at first. I would probably feel quite claustrophobic in Manhattan! It is kind of "weird" how we can feel these changes.

I'm off to watch Selmar and Marie ... I bet anything that group in the kitchen is relieved to not have to be cheery and smiley all the time. Must be a relief when SJ camera isn't in your face.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.