Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's another AirBnB income source. Her lovely seaside villa at 223 Park Lane, Southbroome, South Africa!
Almost all booked for the southern hemisphere summer (or already booked for her own winter vacation).

Bloody hell, just read the reviews! 😆

Heads up to anyone thinking of booking the place, on several occasions it was dirty, didn't have toilet paper and the walls were damp.

Shame, because the location is stunning.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Manor & Maker was ok. The interior with the open balcony was not really my preferred style. I haven't decided if I will enjoy their vlogs yet.... I will have to wait and see. I'm rather lukewarm as of now.
I feel lukewarm about them too and the bedrooms seem to me to be rather small and I just cannot think how they will make bathrooms for them ... not much space I feel.
These days people want their own private toilet and bath/shower at B&B's or they go elsewhere.
Going to be interesting how they will fix this.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Great question. The fact they have never, ever, been seen or even referenced at either lalande or in SA, or anywhere else, speaks volumes I think.
Some of them were at Percey and Isobelle's wedding and referenced in that vlog.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Great question. The fact they have never, ever, been seen or even referenced at either lalande or in SA, or anywhere else, speaks volumes I think.
Not Stefending however from memory Percy's children were there in the wedding episode, which was filmed for ETTC. They did up the carriage for IJ to arrive in. After ETTC aired SJ showed photos of the wedding on her vlogs and showed a photo of Percy's family. They were not "interviewed" or "introduced", yet they were referenced. I am not sure if the original Mrs Percy is still alive. Perhaps the family did not wish to be highlighted further.

Last edited:
Here's another AirBnB income source. Her lovely seaside villa at 223 Park Lane, Southbroome, South Africa!
Almost all booked for the southern hemisphere summer (or already booked for her own winter vacation).

The profit will probably go to her mother, it's her house.
I'm managing some rentals for my mother, doesn't mean I get to rake in the money.

I would love to know what old Percy's children Really think of IJ and SJ .... that would be so interesting !!!!
They will have made sure there's a prenuptial. That's what I would do if my mother remarried.

Not Stefending however from memory Percy's children were there in the wedding episode, which was filmed for ETTC. They did up the carriage for IJ to arrive in. After ETTC aired SJ showed photos of the wedding on her vlogs and showed a photo of Percy's family. They were not "interviewed" or "introduced", yet they were referenced. I am not sure if the original Mrs Percy is still alive. Perhaps the family did not wish to be highlighted further.
Which makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Wow I didn't know about this gem. The reviews are very telling too. Great location but the place needs love , is dirty, needs a lick of paint. I'm sure the London flat is the same... a recurring theme with "she who likes shiny things"

Reactions: 16
Do they even have Renaissance Festivals in Europe? They're kind of popular in the US, but we don't have any quaint Medieval, cobblestoned villages. So we just build fake ones where you can get your nerd on. I have a friend who has a shop at a RenFest, she sells costumes like Tatti wears. She said that this year all she could sell was steampunk and slutty pirate-wench lewks. BTW, she pays a yearly rent to the company that owns the Festival, the money she makes is hers. Maybe Tatti is planning on opening her own shop, or skimming off a % of the craftperson's take?
There is a lots of medieval festivals, a lot in germany around christmas... they xan have a pick

Wow I didn't know about this gem. The reviews are very telling too. Great location but the place needs love , is dirty, needs a lick of paint. I'm sure the London flat is the same... a recurring theme with "she who likes shiny things"
I have seen this house in Stephanie's South Africa vlog pre covid.. It's her mom's.. Her mom also owns property in suffolk.

WOW !

Look at the reviews... I copy only ONE review here :

We visited 'The Beach House' in Southbroom from 18th January-6th. February 2917. Although the house is in a fabulous location and on the website the photos look lovely, listed below are things you need to be aware of prior to booking.

1. On arrival house dirty - this was rectified by resident housekeeper.
2. No welcome pack and local shop shuts at approx 6 - so buy provisions prior to arrival.
3. On arrival the pool wasn't clean or the filter working - this was rectified but we had workmen there on and off for 2 days.
4. No toilet paper, hand towels or soap - apart from the hand towel which we had to ask for - we had to hurry out and buy the toilet paper & soap not ideal....
5. There is a serious ant infestation.
6. Killed one cockroach - missed 2!!!
7. Silverfish eating the books.
8. Inside kitchen cupboards - bad smell of damp.
9. Evidence of damp on the walls in most of the rooms.
10. If you want privacy not the place to be as Beatrice the housekeeper is roaming around most of the time.
11. No dishcloths - had to use a tea towel.
12. No lock on the gate to the beach.
13. Units in the lounge broken & need fixing.
14. Curtains in the main room very dirty with stains & evidence of damp.
15. Curtains in one of the bedrooms hanging off the rail.
16. Oh and we had no water on our last day - not sure why.

The house has so much potential but has been left to rack & ruin, it is in need of serious renovations, perhaps the owner should use some of her rental income to do so??

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Bloody hell, just read the reviews! 😆

Heads up to anyone thinking of booking the place, on several occasions it was dirty, didn't have toilet paper and the walls were damp.

Shame, because the location is stunning.
Is this the one that belongs to Isabelle? We saw it in one of the early vlogs.
Wouldn't the income go to Isabelle? Does Stephanie host it for her mother and take a fee or does she just host it as a favour?
If it's a different house then that's very interesting!

Reactions: 7
No worries, he has zero legal claims on it as long as they are not married. Amaury's chances are way better (together with the other 16 cousins).
They can be Civil partners (PACS in the French law) with a shared will. That's how it works in France for a lot of people (and not only couples : siblings, or other private situations).

Looking at todays vlog..omg.... is that woman manic..going to emmaus..buying second hand clothes...for 17 euros..horrible.its a bargain....then we have the cheeseshop..more like 50 euros for a bit of cheese..and crossing the street phiwi likes the chairs...600 euros for a pair...they clearly dont need..some people get to much money for doing nothing...just an empty life and spending money...that silly woman needs a support squirel otherwise she would probably kill herself...she needs constant input..not healthy at all..this is not going to end well...
That is so true and all at the same time as saying she's not going to spend and she must rein herself in: "It's the new me". It is, as we have said before, a very serious psychological condition. She just can't stop and as you say, it can be something very expensive but can also be some cheap rubbish, anything, just to satisfy the need. I don't like the woman but this is not just a her being acquisitive or being weak willed, it is something that needs professional therapy. PJ is not mature enough to know this and people like him and the fans are encouraging and enabling her to act like that and it really is toxic for someone with a serious condition. If IJ does not recognise that her daughter has this problem, then, despite her nursing background, she is showing her ignorance. Whatever we may think about Steph and the awful grifting and incompetent management of other people's money, in this respect, she really does need urgent help or it will only get worse, and she will be more and more unhappy underneath the veneer. Someone in her family or entourage needs to realise this and do something about it.

• Heart
They probably don't want to be associated with the YouTube filming.I wouldn't would you? You'd come under the scrutiny of the superfans and Tattle life! 😂 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I won't be subscribing as you just damn well know they grifting will start real soon they already garnished 2.5 k viewers the average from SJ begimanic channel. Enough to start monetization of vlogs then patreons because the ghost from the graveyard is making them sleepless. as for the chateau its lovely and needs very little work but having the public road right at the back of your castle leaves you open to attack should you piss off the wrong local looney bin psychopath. Good luck to Fiona and Shrek, he seems to have lost weight as considered the comments here on fitting through the doors. As they say location , location,

Reactions: 6
No worries, he has zero legal claims on it as long as they are not married. Amaury's chances are way better (together with the other 16 cousins).
Knowing Steph and how well she plans thing in advance (?!!!), what's the betting that she has never made a will, unless Mummy forced her into doing that!

Reactions: 10
I have seen this house in Stephanie's South Africa vlog pre covid.. It's her mom's.. Her mom also owns property in suffolk.
Yes you are right, I didnt click on the photos. So the old girl is grotty too, do they live at Percey's pad, I wonder what state that place is in 🙄

Reactions: 6
Speaking of festivals and opportunities to dress up, Marie has missed 2 in Haworth. The village loves dressing up and festivals.
She's just missed the steampunk weekend, and the 1940s weekend.
Haworth people love dressing up. Marie will fit right in.
There's the Railway Beer and Music festival this weekend to look forward to. Bars on the steam trains. Hope you like real ale Marie!
The next big event, which I always go to, is the Torchlight procession, in December. The villagers walk up the Main Street with lit torches and sing Christmas carols.
She's got the Oxenhope Straw race in July if she can survive the winter. Teams in fancy dress race carrying straw bales for 2.5 miles while drinking alcohol all the way. The spectators often drink too. The race ends at a local pub where the drinking continues. Lovely event! Great fun. Many people in this area are of Viking descent.They know how to party.
That's your social life sorted Marie!
I'm actually in this picture of the torchlight procession!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.