Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Btw - can anyone tell me what happened to things like: the pavers on the terrace, the fridge, shelving in the whatever the washing up room is called, the tiles behind the range, a new boiler, the restoration of the chapel, etc etc etc etc there was an ENTIRE whiteboard which has now gone - and it's been replaced by apartments for friends and family, lots of stuff for her apartment (although the super expensive fabric she just HAD TO HAVE has gone the way of the dinosaur) I mean - what the hell is going on with all of the goals she said she was going to do.... I mean... wtf... she hasn't even finished the damn downstairs bathroom..... and can someone get rid of the nasty shiny gold chairs and if she is going to rake in 30k a month - can we get some professionally upholstered furniture? Somewhere? I mean it seems she now has what bbj, nutty, dan, part time selmar, and lots of other part timers so she literally never lifts a finger and they even have a laundry service? So a cast of thousands working full time (any French people working there - AT ALL??!!) And what happened TO THE LAKE... ugh.... she better work fast - this money will dry up faster than a TV pastors tears when people figure out they are just supporting her lifestyle....

Reactions: 21
I think the peachicks would be better named Going, Going, Gone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Manor & Maker was ok. The interior with the open balcony was not really my preferred style. I haven't decided if I will enjoy their vlogs yet.... I will have to wait and see. I'm rather lukewarm as of now.

Please refresh my memory, what exactly were Stephanie's income sources before YouTube happened? I do remember that she did a video, early on during the pandemic, that went through the chateau finances with a fine toothed comb. There she mentioned her London flat that she rents out and is used for her personal income . The income from the chateau b&b never broke even until last year, so what else was she getting an income from?

And if her previous income came only from the London flat, which is rented out as an Airbnb , not to a full-time tenant , what could her yearly income have been? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Manor and maker - they seem pretty ok if a little dull which is actually refreshing, no mania there for sure. Steve is better away from his infatuation with Stephanie. The house itself is quite nice, it will be interesting to see how they manage the work and what style they choose. I'll watch them until the begging bowl comes out. I just wish they had chosen a better name, manor and maker is just clunky imho. And another terrible logo, but those are minor details.

Reactions: 17
What I would like to know is how do the three owners decide how do they get to decide how the property is bestowed to people. As someone who is tangled into shared property- let me tell you it's a NIGHTMARE!! I also have a friend who is farther down the road and it's now about 4 generations down the road and now there are about (literally) 27 grandchildren/cousins etc who own an AMAZING water front cottage in Northern California which must be worth a fortune (it's very close to San Francisco) however it's in a shambles because nobody can agree as to how much to spend on repairs or even on WHAT to repair. THEN there is how to decide WHO gets to stay when - who gets to bring friends when - oh.... its a FREAKING NIGHTMARE - that's how these old, big, fancy families end up with these derelict properties- it's not the lack of funds - it's not that they don't want to repair things - it's they don't want to be the ONLY ones stuck with the bill and then not being the ones who get to stay there for easter/Xmas etc.... its a NIGHTMARE. So when your grandparents owners 10% - but the main owner died without direct heirs.... then what.... what if then her portion reverts to the state... I mean... ya... its a freaking NIGHTMARE - if I were the other "owners" I would get out of there PRONTO
Wow. You are so right. I didn't even think about that.

I've just interviewed a solicitor and wills lecturer on wills for my book, and it would be a nightmare. First, she needs a will (all three owners of course), and it needs to be updated every three to five years.

Is there a legal agreement to say what happens to each owner's portion when they die? Nick's Marie will be entitled to the Nick's share, and Ruth too if she marries Potts.

Also, is there a 'prenup' with Sir Snortsalot? Even if they aren't in a relationship, could he claim some of LaLaland?

I'd like to say this is all organised and sorted, but it is Lalaland and Stef can't even have a downstairs loo finished, because she's too busy chasing the next shiny thing, like horrid chairs.

Reactions: 13
I figured Dan has had a wide variety of jobs in his life. I found it interesting when he mentioned being flown by helicopter off the oil platforms (can't remember verbatim). Helicopter ride is on my bucket list. I have no idea if he is actually a time management expert, to me he is doing like Casey Neistat did while daily vlogging, sleeping only a few hours each night. It is a big accomplishment but not one he can continue. It is definitely propelling his success on youtube/patreon. He does seem to be able to pick things up quickly which is a great skill to have.
Looking at todays vlog..omg.... is that woman manic..going to emmaus..buying second hand clothes...for 17 euros..horrible.its a bargain....then we have the cheeseshop..more like 50 euros for a bit of cheese..and crossing the street phiwi likes the chairs...600 euros for a pair...they clearly dont need..some people get to much money for doing nothing...just an empty life and spending money...that silly woman needs a support squirel otherwise she would probably kill herself...she needs constant input..not healthy at all..this is not going to end well...
I totally get the cheese part - luv cheese

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wow. You are so right. I didn't even think about that.

I've just interviewed a solicitor and wills lecturer on wills for my book, and it would be a nightmare. First, she needs a will (all three owners of course), and it needs to be updated every three to five years.

Is there a legal agreement to say what happens to each owner's portion when they die? Nick's Marie will be entitled to the Nick's share, and Ruth too if she marries Potts.

Also, is there a 'prenup' with Sir Snortsalot? Even if they aren't in a relationship, could he claim some of LaLaland?

I'd like to say this is all organised and sorted, but it is Lalaland and Stef can't even have a downstairs loo finished, because she's too busy chasing the next shiny thing, like horrid chairs.
Exactly. My guess is everyone is too busy running around saying I OWN A CHATEAU!! ISNT IT WONDERFUL!! SHALL WE NOT SPEND "FILL IN THE HOLIDAY" AT THE CHATEAU - but the minute you have to deal with family - and not even family THIS generation- try two generations down the line - why oh why would you want to saddle THEM with a HUGE legal bill - because there is NO guarantee they will get along - and at that point - he who can afford the most legal bills wins - and who wants that - when you see it in the flesh- it's Wful - and to adopt the oh well what do I care I will be dead - is a horrible attitude to adopt. But that is a very selfish thing to do - and guess who is selfish....

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Manor & Maker was ok. The interior with the open balcony was not really my preferred style. I haven't decided if I will enjoy their vlogs yet.... I will have to wait and see. I'm rather lukewarm as of now.

Please refresh my memory, what exactly were Stephanie's income sources before YouTube happened? I do remember that she did a video, early on during the pandemic, that went through the chateau finances with a fine toothed comb. There she mentioned her London flat that she rents out and is used for her personal income . The income from the chateau b&b never broke even until last year, so what else was she getting an income from?

And if her previous income came only from the London flat, which is rented out as an Airbnb , not to a full-time tenant , what could her yearly income have been? 🤔
I keep wanting to call it “the manor and maker” like some obscure Russian novel. House isn’t to my taste I much prefer the one the other Canadian couple bought but maybe it’s what they could afford

Reactions: 3

Yes , her previous income did come only from her London airbnb flat. I wonder how much she charges pernight for her flat. she also might have some savings from her short lived singing career and some leftover inheritance

Reactions: 4
Dan does have this uncanny ability to have several unrelated talents . I don't know how many men I've come across who can do all of the following relatively well and not a hack job:

Trained Chef
Builder & masonry
Average gardener /landscaper
Van window installer
Creative Filmography, editing, effects
Multi tasking & Time management Expert
Pleasant vlog personality

I mean ,come on...
I agree, it is interesting to consider where he’d be now if he didn’t get along with SSB as he does. He’s ambitious and playing a good game.. no HR for him to fall back to.

Reactions: 5
No worries, he has zero legal claims on it as long as they are not married. Amaury's chances are way better (together with the other 16 cousins).

Reactions: 6
Please refresh my memory, what exactly were Stephanie's income sources before YouTube happened? I do remember that she did a video, early on during the pandemic, that went through the chateau finances with a fine-toothed comb. There she mentioned her London flat that she rents out and is used for her personal income. The income from the chateau b&b never broke even until last year, so what else was she getting an income from? And if her previous income came only from the London flat, which is rented out as an Airbnb, not to a full-time tenant, what could her yearly income have been? 🤔
Yes, her previous income did come only from her London Airbnb flat. I wonder how much she charges per night for her flat. she also might have some savings from her short-lived singing career and some leftover inheritance
Her London flat is the only source of income pre-Patreon/YouTube we know of because that's the only one she is willing to divulge. SJ moved and lived among people who could afford grand holidays, eat at fancy restaurants and buy signature clothes; definitely not the likes of Dan the Man's crowd who work their asses off to achieve or afford something. She has sources she hasn't revealed, nor will she ever.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, she has money, but would rather spend all of it on high living than rescuing her crumbling castle. She tried...but found a more suitable alternative....begging.

cd121.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Manor and maker - they seem pretty ok if a little dull which is actually refreshing, no mania there for sure. Steve is better away from his infatuation with Stephanie. The house itself is quite nice, it will be interesting to see how they manage the work and what style they choose. I'll watch them until the begging bowl comes out. I just wish they had chosen a better name, manor and maker is just clunky imho. And another terrible logo, but those are minor details.
That new chateau youtube channel seems alright for me also,i mean the furniture they have was WAY more better than Steph including the dining room chairs and table and the leather chair with matching ottoman/foot stool.

Reactions: 3
Yes , her previous income did come only from her London airbnb flat. I wonder how much she charges pernight for her flat. she also might have some savings from her short lived singing career and some leftover inheritance
There was no "singing career"!😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I would love to know what old Percy's children Really think of IJ and SJ .... that would be so interesting !!!!
Great question. The fact they have never, ever, been seen or even referenced at either lalande or in SA, or anywhere else, speaks volumes I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Do you think Selmar seemed off today because Tatty is growing impatient with him???? Maybe he is not what she thought after all??
obviously SJ is having her do a lot of cooking as a volunteer. And Tatty is with "the gang" inside the shanty too.
Seems like Selmar is just as left out of things now than even before.
I wish he would post the little bit he said he could show( with permission) of the chateau they had their eyes set on.
I think poor old Selmar has just realized what Miss Titts is all about ....... getting into the CD and the money will start to roll in for her via her sad medieval rags !
He was her Intro into the Shitoo and nothing more.... so manipulative --- not a nice way to be is it Selmar !!
I bet Selmar feels "used" and is not sure what to do next .... drop her and how without looking mean and nasty ?
I do feel sorry for him if this is what it is Arfarf :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.