Chateau Diaries #56 Trotter's hole in the wall or Chateau cashpoint?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or SJ's three-part chateau tour with Ivo Fornesa was completely overkill?

I started watching just before bedtime tonight and I found myself disinterested two minutes into the vlog.
With Ivo's castle, it became for me a case of "you've seen it once, you've seen it all."
SJ needs to get creative with her content.
I thought Ivo Fornesa himself was overkill . The beginning of this last one was interesting to me when on the old buildings, but then became all about Ivo and his stuff again.

Reactions: 13
Of the Sunday vlogs tonight, I enjoyed the Fleuries' especially with the excitement of seeing the in-laws coming for a visit, them working around the chateau, eating raw oysters for the first time, Anna's and Philip's date at that fine restaurant, and the nostalgia of seeing her nana's paintings. Quite relatable!:love:

Nicki's content tonight was predictable--a walk around her area, a drive to Sorrento (not shown, just mentioned), a bit of cooking, and some drone shots. She also needs to get a bit more creative. I'm guessing life on the Amalfi coast was a bit boring that week.:sleep:

I swear, the last time I talked about Nicholas Fairfooord here, I mentioned that if he vlogged about afternoon tea again, I'll question his creativity. Lo and behold, his Friday vlog was about afternoon tea! 😂☕

Maybe I'm just cranky and tired after that seven-hour train ride from Nice to Paris. ;)😆
Nicky said the weather was extremely hot (38 - 40 C) and sapped all energy. Those sunset shots were spectacular, and I love the sea anyway. Can't go wrong in my book. For me, way better than drone shots of cows and a green van and a dodgy farmhouse.... Amalfi Coast boring? Then it's my kind of boring, bring it on :)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
today I happily learned Ivo’s collection did in fact bother many of us and this made me feel better about humans

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Nicky said the weather was extremely hot (38 - 40 C) and sapped all energy. Those sunset shots were spectacular, and I love the sea anyway. Can't go wrong in my book. For me, way better than drone shots of cows and a green van and a dodgy farmhouse.... Amalfi Coast boring? Then it's my kind of boring, bring it on :)
The hottest week we can remember... And i do not know how they could manage to prepare all those vegetables .. Amalfi coast was hot and crowed... but tonight LUCIFER finished.. EVVIVA

Reactions: 6
Of the Sunday vlogs tonight, I enjoyed the Fleuries' especially with the excitement of seeing the in-laws coming for a visit, them working around the chateau, eating raw oysters for the first time, Anna's and Philip's date at that fine restaurant, and the nostalgia of seeing her nana's paintings. Quite relatable!:love:

Nicki's content tonight was predictable--a walk around her area, a drive to Sorrento (not shown, just mentioned), a bit of cooking, and some drone shots. She also needs to get a bit more creative. I'm guessing life on the Amalfi coast was a bit boring that week.:sleep:

I swear, the last time I talked about Nicholas Fairfooord here, I mentioned that if he vlogged about afternoon tea again, I'll question his creativity. Lo and behold, his Friday vlog was about afternoon tea! 😂☕

Maybe I'm just cranky and tired after that seven-hour train ride from Nice to Paris. ;)😆
Nah...Nicky doesn't have to change anuthing.She lives in such a beautiful place that just the views are enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nah...Nicky doesn't have to change anuthing.She lives in such a beautiful place that just the views are enough.
Who said anything about changing?
I said she needs to get creative.

A 20-minute walking vlog is as just bad as a pointless 20-second drone shot of green van on a country road. If the weather outdoors was too hot, that’s where a bit of creativity could’ve been put to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I used to watch Nicky but when her smirky faced husband and herself started to grift for a car ..... that was it ! Never went back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Wow - thank you! I am really surprised as there were a lot of super ideas for titles in the last thread. Can't wait to hear @Arfarf 's idea for Thread #57. By then, @TheTaxInspector will have passed the post too. Better start thinking for #58 title and I think it will be @Bored Mermaid CC for #59.

Thanks for setting up the new thread as usual @MojoDublin.

Lots of new directions for Tattlers to pursue in the new thread.

Where have Fanny and Filly flitted off to for their Quarrentinemoon?
Will Teabag finally get his comeuppance?
Does his jam set?
Will the sewists start their grift campaign?
Does Sillyman finally meet Titty?
Does Gerry succeed in a takeover bid as the new Laird of Lalande?
When will he launch his Tiny Tartan Terror vlog?
Does Ryan get back to France before he's conned into funding the Thai Health Service?
Does Alexander finish his curtains and make an escape bid?

So many questions ....
Congratulations on the thread title. Very appropriate 👌

The summary reminds me of the long running sitcom 'soap' 🤣

I only managed The Fleuries and Dan's. I confess to being unable to watch CD or the Positani one nor Nicholas Fairford.

Short, sharp and fairly enjoyable.

I long ago lost any patience with the others.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Who said anything about changing?
I said she needs to get creative.

A 20-minute walking vlog is as just bad as a pointless 20-second drone shot of green van on a country road. If the weather outdoors was too hot, that’s where a bit of creativity could’ve been put to use.
I think to each his own here, I haven't tired of Nicky's work yet. I did watch Anna and Phillip (normally I don't) and enjoyed it too. So thanks for your positive mention of it. The artwork is very good, especially the Degas like dancing piece, who was one of my dad's faves. My dad was an artist in his spare time, even toured Spain directly after WW2 to draw and paint (over romantic view of the Civil War Artists Brigade) . Seascapes, landscapes and a series of nude studies someone we called "Fat Anna", and she was fat too (and intriguingly to us kids. naked). Don't know who she was, he never said, but was not my mom who was a slender beauty queen type even winning a title at age 27 thereabouts due to a dare. I can draw but never felt the pull of art. We gave it all up for business. My youngest niece does mean art, even at junior school where she produced an abstract of a wood and creatures not too dissimilar to the tree painting in the vlog; she too has scaled down now, for business, Oh well.

Reactions: 7
Wow - thank you! I am really surprised as there were a lot of super ideas for titles in the last thread. Can't wait to hear @Arfarf 's idea for Thread #57. By then, @TheTaxInspector will have passed the post too. Better start thinking for #58 title and I think it will be @Bored Mermaid CC for #59.

Thanks for setting up the new thread as usual @MojoDublin.

Lots of new directions for Tattlers to pursue in the new thread.

Where have Fanny and Filly flitted off to for their Quarrentinemoon?
Will Teabag finally get his comeuppance?
Does his jam set?
Will the sewists start their grift campaign?
Does Sillyman finally meet Titty?
Does Gerry succeed in a takeover bid as the new Laird of Lalande?
When will he launch his Tiny Tartan Terror vlog?
Does Ryan get back to France before he's conned into funding the Thai Health Service?
Does Alexander finish his curtains and make an escape bid?

So many questions ....
I wonder what location was chosen….cannot think of any that would be so that she would not be distracted…..

Reactions: 7
Seems as SSB got the invite their looking for … for free

offers on patron

@Stephanie and @Philip if you haven’t booked yet PLEASE consider BERMUDA where we live. Many people are spending their two week exiles here (and we’re a quick 90 minute flight New York) with direct 5 hr flight from Bermuda on BA to Heathrow. Ironic really as My husband and I are currently an hour from La Lande on the A89/E70 and spending next week in Scotland before heading home. If you do end up in Bermuda and need any help/suggestions please reach out.
Would love to buy you a drink/dinner whatever

you’d 💰 pay for everything
They are allergic to buying food 🍱 n drink 🍹
😈
Or this
How about Banff? Absolutely gorgeous ...but will too busy this month. Oh! I know, Fogo Island Inn! at Joe Batts Arm, Newfoundland. Here's a link. Stephanie, the Inn is so in your wheelhouse. https://fogoislandinn.ca/ourinn/
WTF??? Banff?? Fogo Island is NOT in her wheelhouse! I hope for the sake of the good people of Newfoundland this skank and her poodle do not ever visit Fogo Island or Newfoundland. There would be no way of getting rid of the Stench :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to watch Nicky but when her smirky faced husband and herself started to grift for a car ..... that was it ! Never went back.
SNAP! Absolute shame, I was a big promoter of her vlog. Haven't watched since.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am so with you, I have tried to watch but between that, the new opening that is so rushed and her obnoxious daughter, I'm out! Yes, Positano is absolutely beautiful, I can watch any one of the many walking vlogs and see much more of the area.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sunday vlog watching for me was Nicky Positano, her stuff is pretty much the same all the time, but she has Positano and its beauty, so it's hard to not enjoy it! And I have a crush on Carlo .... I think he's hot!! (don't throw stones!) The Flueries I always enjoy. I love their clean fresh interiors, and their relationship, Anna's creativity, Philip's humor. I watch Dan, even though it's the same types of things, I enjoy it, and it is quick and creatively done. I also watched Billy .... just because I had nothing to do, and it was a very subdued Billy doing it with Alexander. There were some interesting antiques, but mostly it was quite dull. At least he doesn't grift directly from his YouTube, and he wasn't all smug and know it all today .... not sure he was sincere, but he actually said something like he's not always right, or doesn't know everything. And I watched CD. I fine Ivo mind blowingly fascinating and his castle and the history. I don't understand how a private person can have some of the artifacts he has and agree with my fellow Canadian's comment that a lot of those items belong to their country of origin. Unlike others here, I watch CD for the restoration and renos at Lalande, and for the tours of other chateaux. The parties and travel stuff are big zeros for me. I think I'd have to feel like a big zero to enjoy watching other people party! And that was my take on the day.

Reactions: 21
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Is it just me or SJ's three-part chateau tour with Ivo Fornesa was completely overkill?

I started watching just before bedtime tonight and I found myself disinterested two minutes into the vlog.
With Ivo's castle, it became for me a case of "you've seen it once, you've seen it all."
SJ needs to get creative with her content.
:sleep:
Morning....Revisiting Ivo ho is total over kill - after two episodes I found myself trying to clear my throat listening to him.

so many of his items, to me reek. Reek of so much thatS wrong with people collecting cultural items that were not meant to be collected
Power grab

Reactions: 16
I am 2 eps behind with Nicki but she does a good job - think the last one I watched she did something local - a lantern thing, then a family passata making segment, her make up gig, garden etc. it was a JAM packed vlog - with no bloody jam in sight - she still gets a thumbs up from me.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.