Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She always goes to the US more than a few times a year. The amount of trips she makes just to shop makes her like 1/4 American lol She has family there, a brother (plus family) If i remember correctly? She loves those trips as she always buys a new bag or two at Heathrow on the way out for the cheaper non-VAT prices. On top of whatever she gets there and on the way home.

she works with her husband Dan and his company but unsure what they do ... she’s PR or media related role in it. They also have a Xmas tree delivery company.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She always goes to the US more than a few times a year. The amount of trips she makes just to shop makes her like 1/4 American lol She has family there, a brother (plus family) If i remember correctly? She loves those trips as she always buys a new bag or two at Heathrow on the way out for the cheaper non-VAT prices. On top of whatever she gets there and on the way home.

she works with her husband Dan and his company but unsure what they do ... she’s PR or media related role in it. They also have a Xmas tree delivery company.
How do you know all of this?? I didn't know she had family in the US. and didn't know they had a Xtmas tree company!! I thought they both worked in IT ~~ wow! Now I feel like I know everything from her

Reactions: 1
How do you know all of this?? I didn't know she had family in the US. and didn't know they had a Xtmas tree company!! I thought they both worked in IT ~~ wow! Now I feel like I know everything from her
Her vlogs. She has more side jobs created via Dan & that main company but I don't remember them all. If you watch vlogmas 2018 or 2017 she mentions the xmas tree company. They deliver and decorate it, not amie or dan itself but their workers.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I knew they had an Xmas tree company but I didn't realise she worked with Dan. I assumed she was in the financial industry, not sure why...

Her vlogs. She has more side jobs created via Dan & that main company but I don't remember them all. If you watch vlogmas 2018 or 2017 she mentions the xmas tree company. They deliver and decorate it, not amie or dan itself but their workers.
omg... I can't even ... that's why she is rich then!

I only watch the odd video of hers here and there but I do remember watching a video ages ago where she said she worked in marketing in either the finance or IT sector. I remember because she said something like there a big difference in the salary of marketing jobs depending on the sector and that she was in one that paid well. Based on this thread I see she has moved on since then!

Can't believe I've only just found her thread!!! But was out for Sunday lunch in Greenwich today and look what I saw in the window of the estate agents!

Re: their company. I think they do app development. You can see the nature of the business on Companies house if you search for Amie Rogers. Dan Price started it with someone else but then it seems that he left and Amie came on board.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
That Chanel video was the worst!!
I know ... for me I was shocked that she kept saying "it's kind of unfortunate...", "it's unfortunate" ...no. It's Tacky. Period. Just because she is not saving to buy a bag doesn't mean other people aren't. And just the way she was talking and half-smiling through the entire video ... 😥 ...

But anyway. It doesn't matter anymore~

Reactions: 1
Why on earth, has she done a vlog introducing people to her "apartment"? Isn't that so bleeping pretentious?! She's not american. twit.
I honestly couldn't believe she shipped furniture in from the US. Not even particularly nice or unique furniture. Those dining table chairs are bog standard and you could 100% find something similar in the UK. So pretentious. I wonder how easy it will be for them to sell their flat, it's nice and all but there are a few things that would put me off - 1. the aircon pipe coming out of the wall 2. that they covered up a window to put in a closet - which implies there isn't enough space / storage. 3. It's 3 bedrooms but only one is being used as a bedroom and some people might find it hard to visualise or think you can't fit a bed in it.

Reactions: 5
I watch her videos regularly because we have quite similar styles and I do enjoy a lot of her finds, but find her incredibly grating.

It’s the same few phrases in every video ‘how beautiful is this?’, ‘easy breezy’, and calling everything a piece. My all time favourite was suggesting people get some smoothing ‘underwear pieces’ to go under a dress. I do like the looks she pulls together, but she has zero vocabulary or insight to go with them.

I see no evidence of any hobbies, friends or interests, just endless spending on endless pink bags, and (pre-lockdown) trips abroad to do yet more shopping. She’s a very frustrating watch!

Reactions: 11
I think she is boring and name should be Chasing 100 shades of pink/blush. I have never seen someone to wear so maby unflaterring clothes and colours that does not suit her.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Im on the fence about her. Her style is starting to look old. Skinny jeans /trousers are out now and those spray ons she wears emphasises her wierd thigh gap/knock knee. Camisole tops +skinnys, off shoulder/one shoulder tops/dresses are yawn and a little noughties too. And dont get me started on those high heel shoes with that toe cleavage.... Pair all this with a blush bag and you have a quite mundane, under the radar, style. Her style doesnt transition with the times. Totally ok if you like that understated polished look. Will she still buy the same things and have the same style in 5 or 10 yrs time?

Reactions: 8
haha her dining table chair, if you guys never mentioned that it is shipped from the US, I will thought she got it from Next or Argos. It looks something Hinch will like booo

Reactions: 4
Amie works as a Marketing manager for an B2B technology company in London, She’s said herself and also said in a different video that marketing managers can earn up to £55K per year.

Haven’t watched her in a long time as she lives (or show us) such a unrealistic lifestyle I can’t bear watching her!

Reactions: 6
Amie works as a Marketing manager for an B2B technology company in London, She’s said herself and also said in a different video that marketing managers can earn up to £55K per year.

Haven’t watched her in a long time as she lives (or show us) such a unrealistic lifestyle I can’t bear watching her!
I don't think her lifestyle matches up with her salary. London is an expensive city. I don't know how she manages honestly.

• Heart
I don't think her lifestyle matches up with her salary. London is an expensive city. I don't know how she manages honestly.
No I agree and I always have wondered how she manages to have so much money available to spend that much on designer items, considering she lives in London & the cost of living is so high!!

Reactions: 4
She wishes she was American. She's constantly promoting the Nordstrom sale when it's on, like alllllll the American fashion bloggers. Who in the UK honestly shops on Nordstrom?
Part of it is because she has a global audience and makes bank by using affiliate links that her American followers can buy from.

I used to love her videos but got bored of them. They're extremely repetitive . And it's hard to take her seriously on her bag reviews and recommendations which she's constantly buying and selling bags.

The vast majority of her content is now centred around convincing people that they need to buy the products she mentions so she can get affiliate link money. Like the constant sale rounds up are so transparent. And her 'blog' is ridiculous. Every single post's purpose is the affiliate links. But she's probably making a ton and thousands still watch so it's working for her 💁‍♀️

I hope she branches out to more lifestyle and home videos especially with the new home (I just saw the photo of her new kitchen and it looks pretty nice) because I never watch her fashion videos anymore. I got bored of the repetition years ago and the pandemic highlighted how gross the hyper consumption of luxury YouTubers is.

Last edited:
I would say her day job salary is less than half of her income. She has a fairly decent subscriber count and has other businesses on the side, like the Christmas tree one etc so she’s making a lot on top of that 55k.
There are people on YouTube with her numbers doing it full time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.