Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

clueless

Chatty Member
Another day, another new product launch. Oh my days! Charlotte Tilbury have been launching product after product like nobody’s business this past while, it kind of rubs me up the wrong way with this current situation; it strikes me as being so greedy and tone-deaf. I wonder how their sales figures are these days.

Reactions: 5
I have heard that staff on CT counters are not good and if the culture of the brand is as vile as it sounds I’m not surprised.

The stuff about other products being used and passed off at CT products in photo shoots etc is just insanely wrong.
I have never bought any CT stuff but ads appear in my Facebook feed. Quite often things get heated in the comments section, with people saying that a particular lipstick shown in the film is nothing like the colour of the same lipstick they own in the flesh. This allegation explains this odd stuff.

I have never bought any CT stuff but ads appear in my Facebook feed. Quite often things get heated in the comments section, with people saying that a particular lipstick shown in the film is nothing like the colour of the same lipstick they own in the flesh. This allegation explains this odd stuff.
Might explain, obvs

Last edited:

clueless

Chatty Member
This is so disappointing to read. I’d always been a fan of the brand and quite liked Charlotte too- I know she can be a bit much at times, but I thought she had her own unique bubbliness and charisma. I even met her at an event one time (free of charge!) and had a nice little one on one chat with her. To hear she has spoken to and treated her staff so terribly is abhorrent and truly disappointing.

Seen on one of those IG private message screen grabs something about a drug habit?! Anyone know any more about this?

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Charlotte Tilbury posted a 44.5pc rise in revenues to £145m last year on the back of its celebrity following. In Britain and Europe, profits edged up by £900,000 to £3.5m while sales passed £100m for the first time.

But how do they treat their employees in a pandemic? Like total shit, it would seem

Attachments

• Wow

Elisha97

Chatty Member
For anyone thinking of buying any makeup from her, I’ve been disappointed with every item I’ve had. The ones I was most disappointed about though was the Hollywood flawless filter and the powder, very expensive for what they are! It doesn’t surprise me to hear everything that is coming out about her either

• Wow

tomtomclub

VIP Member
Her make up is not my cup of tea, and her magic cream moisturizer made me break out.
Not a fan and I cannot understand the hype
the Hollywood Flawless filter gave me terrible break out on a special birthday too when I was out for a meal with friends came out in terrible spots about 3-4 hours after putting it on!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have only discovered this thread and not read though yet (but definitely will!) so apologies if this has already been mentioned but what pisses me off this that none of the gurus I have watched (FleurDeForce and Amelia Liana) have mentioned the abuse the staff receive. It makes me wonder if it’s because of all the freebies they get? Also I don’t think the make up is really all that. For clarity I have only tried one product, it was that long, thin, gold eyeshadow pallet with 4 looks. The case feels cheap and doesn’t close properly and I think ten shadows are honestly kind of crap. For £60
I am hugely disappointed with it as it was so hyped up.

Never understood why people loved Maybelline great lash, it did nothing for me
It’s funny you say that, I never tried that mascara until now due to the pandemic. I picked one up whilst doing my food shopping and I have to say is absolutely poo. You have to put 3 coats on for it to do anything!

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think that bile inducing Christmas commercial all about her plus her gaudy packaging and in-store counters was enough to put me off
plus the fact she gifts loads to influencers like Zoella who every year gets the beauty calender and all the new releases.

rosemarina

VIP Member
Can you link the Actually honest thread? I’ve tried to search it.
Here you go.

FCD

Dammit I like the eyeshadow crayons and the foundation but I’m not buying again based on this thread... I’ll stick to other brands!

JenniferStano

Chatty Member
Her foundation brought me out in the worst rash that lasted on and off for years. Left me unable to wear make up and even my facial regime had to change to all natural.

• Wow

clueless

Chatty Member
Jane (British Beauty Blogger) skewered the brand in a recent post - it was a refreshing read.

The list of claims on this box! I don’t have words. Well, I do, but there’s a little bit of trickery on the front that just makes me irritated. In large gold writing you can see 93% Younger but just above the word younger on the same dimension line as 93% it says ‘agree skin looks’ which is a completely different thing to a consumer’s initial perception. I just think if you need to use sleight of hand on people to get them buying your product that’s not a very good thing.

https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/charlottes-magic-serum-crystal-elixir/
Oh goodness! She certainly wasn’t pulling any punches. Thanks for sharing this! Not often you see a CT review that isn’t sycophantic.

Notyourpityparty

Chatty Member
That 'Goddess Cleansing Ritual' duo made me break out 😖I'm still red and I wish I'd never used it!

I've never had any problems with the Magic Cream, but I'm thinking I'll stop using it as well. Really enjoying Dr Dray's videos about skincare and I'm going to adopt a simpler approach in my own routine. So much BS in the beauty industry!
Love this! There definitely is...it’s becoming like the fast fashion industry

Reactions: 3

Helencorrie_2

Her make up is not my cup of tea, and her magic cream moisturizer made me break out.
Not a fan and I cannot understand the hype

Reactions: 3

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Would love to ask you all about good skincare on here, but don't wanna derail the thread!
There is a thread here called 'Actually Honest' for all your beauty/skincare needs! It is very good too.

Has Charlotte darrlliiinnnggg been quietly dropped by many influencers? I only base this on seeing that Sali Hughes, formerly a CT cheerleader, hasn't mentioned her in months.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

clueless

Chatty Member
I really do wonder if CT has fallen slightly out of favour.
This could be! I’m not seeing as much as before. And I spotted that What Olivia Did had sold her gifted Magic Serum on eBay before it was even released. She was another big CT fan so it surprised me to see that.

Did all the stories about staff mistreatment go viral? Did CT ever respond?

• Wow

coconochanel

VIP Member
If you're into skin care, you'll know that her "magic cream" and recent serum are overpriced and do the bare minimum for your skin. in the words of Dr Dray - "charlotte isn't looking out for you, she's after your money"
Ive never bought her skincare only buy the odd lipstick.