Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tree_

VIP Member
The counters are shit. The other week I was told that I couldn't be served without an appointment. The girl was so rude. All I wanted was a new highlighter wand and a sample of foundation, baring in mind I've spent at least 1k with CT. I told them to shove it and I'd take my money over the way to the Tom Ford counter. So I did!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
D

Deleted member 14542

I read all the stories. Bloody hell 👀

All that "dhaaarling-ing" from Tilbury already had my spidey senses going.

Reactions: 22

BostonFernGreen

Chatty Member
After the @esteelaundry Instagram revelations today and various posts scattered through Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes amongst others, I think it’s time to talk about how these companies operate.

Obviously the reports on the Instagram are alleged and not proven but I don’t think that prevents a chat about it?!

These industries need to be discussed in a critical way beyond which company provides the best foundation. Influencers control the narrative at the moment (in my opinion) and I think that’s unhealthy for the average person.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I got turned off her a while ago. Bought some of her stuff when it launched and was hugely disappointed but felt i was alone in that due to all the ‘guru’ hype. I guess when you are actually paying with your own cold hard cash you are more critical.

The dahling stuff and names of her products also leave me cold.

Reactions: 18
The daahling thing is interesting. I modelled for a bit as a teen and she was just starting out as a make up artist. She was a bit kooky (first time I saw someone wearing that 90s classic of skirt over trousers) but pretty normal and I don't remember her having a fancy accent. She was fairly quiet.

Interesting how she's flogging her own mega expensive mascara now when allllllll MUAs back then always used Maybelline Great Lash. That and YSL Touche Eclat were in every one's bags.
Never understood why people loved Maybelline great lash, it did nothing for me

Reactions: 15

Ella77

I never found it any good either. I think back then it was a way to signal that you’d been to the States.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
10 year NDAs are INSANE and a major red flag regardless of anything else. Hopefully enough ex-employees find strength in numbers and go on the record. CT needs to face the consequences.

Reactions: 12
I'm shocked to see the contents of this thread re: working there. I had the misfortune of working with a bloke a few years ago who was truly and utterly vile, massive misogynist, tbh horrible horrible cunt. He verbally attacked me at a work night out once & only when I started the formal HR process did I find out he was horrible to other women in the business, and men, just generally a really abusive and troubled man (I suspect he had addiction issues). Oh and there was an unspeakable night out where 2 young men (mid 20s) from the office ended up in his flat to do drugs, and they were both very disturbed by what they saw, but wouldn't say what that was?

I was really, really shocked to see he's now in a senior role at CT as I imagine their HQ is majority women...

Edit: just remembered he was sexually inappropriate to girls, too. I did consider anonymously reporting my concerns to CT as I have a HR contact (from where they wasted my time interviewing me for a role that paid half the market avg lool) but didn't want to re-ignite that shit because he was absolutely deranged during the whole HR thing, I had to take a week WFH because I was actually scared of him approaching me at work! He was emailing me whilst I was WFH and I had to keep forwarding it to HR like please make it stop!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

GoLando

VIP Member
The daahling thing is interesting. I modelled for a bit as a teen and she was just starting out as a make up artist. She was a bit kooky (first time I saw someone wearing that 90s classic of skirt over trousers) but pretty normal and I don't remember her having a fancy accent. She was fairly quiet.

Interesting how she's flogging her own mega expensive mascara now when allllllll MUAs back then always used Maybelline Great Lash. That and YSL Touche Eclat were in every one's bags.

Reactions: 11
I have heard that staff on CT counters are not good and if the culture of the brand is as vile as it sounds I’m not surprised.

The stuff about other products being used and passed off at CT products in photo shoots etc is just insanely wrong.

Reactions: 11

Notyourpityparty

Chatty Member
If you're into skin care, you'll know that her "magic cream" and recent serum are overpriced and do the bare minimum for your skin. in the words of Dr Dray - "charlotte isn't looking out for you, she's after your money"

• Sad
Reactions: 10

Carobee

The Covent Garden Charlotte Tilbury is AWFUL!!! Lady in front of me complaining and the staff were like whatever then with me they didn’t say sorry for the wait they were just rude and cold so doesn’t surprise me they aren’t happy.

TruffleTrifle

The stories are awful. I hope they all get proper exposure, I've always thought the beauty industry is toxic.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
My god, I've just read some of the reviews on Glassdoor and they make harrowing reading. Companies usually take their culture from those in the most senior positions. A culture of bullying and victimisation can only be perpetuated with the collusion of those with the power to do something about it. If I were Charlotte I'd be ashamed and mortified on reading those reviews as they cast a very unflattering light on the company that bears her name. I have bought some of her products and they are so hit and miss, some are utter crap!

Reactions: 9

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Jane (British Beauty Blogger) skewered the brand in a recent post - it was a refreshing read.

The list of claims on this box! I don’t have words. Well, I do, but there’s a little bit of trickery on the front that just makes me irritated. In large gold writing you can see 93% Younger but just above the word younger on the same dimension line as 93% it says ‘agree skin looks’ which is a completely different thing to a consumer’s initial perception. I just think if you need to use sleight of hand on people to get them buying your product that’s not a very good thing.

https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/charlottes-magic-serum-crystal-elixir/

Lilistar

Charlotte is insane and a bully. She abuses her assistants ( who all have to look similar to her - thin, white only) and Sophia is very rude too. She's known in the industry for her abusive behaviour so I'm not surprised it's trickled down to her brand.

• Wow

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
This is so disappointing to read. I’d always been a fan of the brand and quite liked Charlotte too- I know she can be a bit much at times, but I thought she had her own unique bubbliness and charisma. I even met her at an event one time (free of charge!) and had a nice little one on one chat with her. To hear she has spoken to and treated her staff so terribly is abhorrent and truly disappointing.

Seen on one of those IG private message screen grabs something about a drug habit?! Anyone know any more about this?
To be honest I’d be more surprised if it turned out Charlotte wasn’t a fan of the nose candy.

clueless

Chatty Member
Sofia having that top job is sheer nepotism. She really isn't all that imo.

I used to love the Charlotte Tilbury brand, but it's all very OTT now. I always thought they were a very classy brand, but now it's as if they're lowering themselves in trying to be like the self-declared MUAs of IG, where it's all way too many products on the face, far too much highlighter all over the face, the overdrawing of the lips etc.

Every day I've been receiving emails from them, with different offers every single day - discounts on certain things, free gifts when you spend so much. They really are pushing for people to continue shopping with them during this time. It's not right.

Reactions: 8