Charlotte Louise Taylor #4 Marriage is a yes! But where to find a size 13 dress?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she is truly feeling depressed or down it doesn’t matter how great a life she has. Poor mental health doesn’t look at all the good stuff round you and go “oh wait, sorry, I’ll come back when things are deemed by society not to be ok”. Depression doesn’t care what you’ve got, if you have the best life in the world. It’s a savage beast who takes you anyway.

Not saying she is depressed by the way. I just really hate it when people imply you can’t be depressed because you’ve got a good life. It’s not how true depression works.

Reactions: 26
You know that she’s say it was because that doing what she does is hard and it affects her. I’m not condoning trolling at all, however, unfortunately her kind of job and just like a celebrity you will get criticism. Not saying it’s right but everyone has an opinion. If you promote this “I feel I should share my journey as it may help people” attitude then expect some feedback. Not everyone will love what you do. You’re out of touch with reality and live in a bubble.

Reactions: 1
You know that she’s say it was because that doing what she does is hard and it affects her. I’m not condoning trolling at all, however, unfortunately her kind of job and just like a celebrity you will get criticism. Not saying it’s right but everyone has an opinion. If you promote this “I feel I should share my journey as it may help people” attitude then expect some feedback. Not everyone will love what you do. You’re out of touch with reality and live in a bubble.
Not sure if that is in response to what I had said? You’re right. Everyone is absolutely allowed an opinion on these influencers, I agree!
But depression is a medical issue. Like cancer is a medical issue. If you substitute “have depression” in a sentence for “Have cancer” and it sounds ridiculous, it is. Eg “you don’t have cancer if you’ve got a good life”. Stupid right?! Depression is an illness like every other illness out of our control.
Again, not saying she has depression at all! But after first hand experience of living with someone with severe depression, who outwardly has an amazing life, I hate seeing mental health stereotypes perpetuated.

Reactions: 9
Thing is I actually like charl and started following as we were pregnant round the same time and found her relatable. If she is struggling mentally then I feel for her. It’s hard whatever “job” you do. I just think sometimes maybe if it gets too much for them then maybe step away from the camera. Who knows though, she might be ok and just feeling rough from the hand foot and mouth.

Thing is I actually like charl and started following as we were pregnant round the same time and found her relatable. If she is struggling mentally then I feel for her. It’s hard whatever “job” you do. I just think sometimes maybe if it gets too much for them then maybe step away from the camera. Who knows though, she might be ok and just feeling rough from the hand foot and mouth.
Agree 100%! If they are having rocky mental health the job they do definitely won’t help at all.

Think my post was taken out of context slightly-I never actually said she was depressed etc, I was just saying how it came across in comparison 🤷🏼‍♀️

Think my post was taken out of context slightly-I never actually said she was depressed etc, I was just saying how it came across in comparison 🤷🏼‍♀️
It was the post before yours that I was replying to 👍🏻 Probably should have quoted to avoid confusion.

Reactions: 2
If she is truly feeling depressed or down it doesn’t matter how great a life she has. Poor mental health doesn’t look at all the good stuff round you and go “oh wait, sorry, I’ll come back when things are deemed by society not to be ok”. Depression doesn’t care what you’ve got, if you have the best life in the world. It’s a savage beast who takes you anyway.

Not saying she is depressed by the way. I just really hate it when people imply you can’t be depressed because you’ve got a good life. It’s not how true depression works.
Agreed but it’s much easier to get good therapies /therapists and any additional help and support when you have the money to pay versus some poor sod on benefits palmed off with tablets , this happened to a friend of mine .

Reactions: 5
Agreed but it’s much easier to get good therapies /therapists and any additional help and support when you have the money to pay versus some poor sod on benefits palmed off with tablets , this happened to a friend of mine .
Absolutely true, and so very sad for those who are failed.

Reactions: 3
Yes there are worst things in the world to be upset about jesus christ Char, she's one of those people if she has a touch of an illness the worlds ending 🙄

It was the post before yours that I was replying to 👍🏻 Probably should have quoted to avoid confusion.
That would be my post your referring to. The subject of depression will always cause conflict between posters, its unavoidable but my post is simply my opinion. Its not directed at people suffering from mental illness or clinical depression unfortunately in the online world we live in those words are thrown around without thought, its the true insult.

Just for the record just because someone ''appears' on camera depressed isn't always the case in reality. Just like when youtubers fake a smile and a laugh while the camera is rolling because their income depends on it.

I still find it interesting to read everyone elses ''opinions' on the subject. Maybe I'm not as easily triggered as some other posters and will keep that in mind next time I voice an opinion so its doesn't cause conflict. 😬

Yes there are worst things in the world to be upset about jesus christ Char, she's one of those people if she has a touch of an illness the worlds ending 🙄
I totally agree.

Last edited:
Guys, we’ve all been complaining that she’s all sunshine and rainbows and false, now we’re complaining she’s not cracking a smile? She’s bringing out some realness, finally.

Reactions: 11
She may have a privileged life, but depression doesn't care about any of that shite. Essentially telling her to cheer up and just be grateful is pretty harsh if she is struggling mentally.

Reactions: 6
Is this "overwhelmed- feeling slightly down" Charlotte, even the real Charlotte? She reads and responds to things on here constantly. She cant help herself. It could just be a change in tactics.
I guess we can't verify anything we see online, about anybody but, I struggle to work out who Charlotte really is 😕

Reactions: 7
Does she realise how much she moans and complains about every little illness?
We all get ill - the rest of us have to get ready and get to work, not lol about on our sofa with a hoody on and hair you couldn’t even manage to dry. We have to show up and do a full day at work, then go home and look after our children... she really thinks she’s got it tough. Also - it’s a cold/virus - she isn’t dying. There are people that watch her that would swap places with her in a heartbeat.

• Heart
Yeah it's absolutely unreal how out of touch with life she is.
Her life is one big party.
She has the easiest "job" in the world.
Has enough money to cook luxe meals every night.
Has enough of everything so I guess having a sniffle is a massive ordeal for her😳

Have to say I did eye roll when she was carrying on about having “so much” washing to do and how it was the end of the world because she’s feeling a bit ropey.

Some of us have to actually go out and do a full days graft, then come home to start all the housework etc irrespective of how we feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.