Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You still get to live your life even if you rent a home (this logic is a bit barmy to me). There is an assumption in the UK that everyone is desperately waiting, hoping, scrimping to own property.

Unless she has positioned herself as desperately hoping, scrimping and saving and I’ve missed that.
While I agree that the assumption you refer to can be a bit barmy when applied to everyone, no matter their circumstances, I do think someone like Charlotte, in her current situation, is absolutely crazy if she’s not saving for a house.

She makes a lot of money now, but her career is not necessarily built for longevity, as with any garden variety influencer. She is incredibly naive if she thinks she will always be able to maintain this level of income.

This is why most people believe influencers should strike while the iron is hot and invest in property now, or at least save up a very strong desposit.

As nasty as it sounds, because nobody likes taking advantage of the misery of others, if she is saving a sizeable desposit right now, she could quite possibly be very well placed to buy a house for cheap as the market inevitably falls.

I don’t always agree with the oft-repeated mantra that renting is just throwing money away, but in Charlotte’s case, especially with all the decorating she’s doing to her rental, I think it rings quite true.

Reactions: 7
Fair enough. I can’t get all up in her business like that. I liderally could not care less 🙃 and it may be there are other reasons affecting her/ their ability to buy in which case you still get to make your home your home, and buy a nice coat if you fancy.

I actually don’t know why I follow her tbh, I used to like the aesthetics but now it’s all course course course which isn’t for me.

Reactions: 5
Fair enough. I can’t get all up in her business like that. I liderally could not care less 🙃 and it may be there are other reasons affecting her/ their ability to buy in which case you still get to make your home your home, and buy a nice coat if you fancy.

I actually don’t know why I follow her tbh, I used to like the aesthetics but now it’s all course course course which isn’t for me.
That’s true, we don’t know the full story. I guess it just becomes frustrating for some people who can’t afford to save for a house deposit and pay their rent, so they’re stuck, when presumably someone like CJ needn’t be.

Anyway, I agree, I quite like some of her home decor taste but couldn’t be less interested in her course if I tried. Appreciate she’s got to diversify her offering but I feel like Instagram is half influencers selling courses these days. Zzzzzz.

Reactions: 3
I know Charlotte through moving in the same social circles and having lots of mutual friends. She has always been lovely towards me and I personally love her style. Haven’t seen her for a very long time though.

But I have to agree with what a previous poster said about them renting from family. They actually live on a really rough estate, the house is nice though but the location is terrible. It baffles me why she would choose to live there unless they are getting it really cheap

You still get to live your life even if you rent a home (this logic is a bit barmy to me). There is an assumption in the UK that everyone is desperately waiting, hoping, scrimping to own property.

Unless she has positioned herself as desperately hoping, scrimping and saving and I’ve missed that.
I think she’s complained about not being able to buy and has moaned about renting in the past, Jack certainly has done to me when they lived in Margate.

What I’m “not” keen about now is how Cracklin is nowadays so woke posting BAME models in cute floaty dresses on her stories when she damned well didn’t do this before, jumping on bandwagon Crackers??!! 😂

Reactions: 2
Correct, she’s definitely moaned about being a ‘renter’ and how she can’t afford to buy before which is why I’m always shocked at the amount she spends on clothes! The name ‘Cracklin’ ends me 😂 You’re spot on, she’s going well out her way to try show she’s inclusive now!

Correct, she’s definitely moaned about being a ‘renter’ and how she can’t afford to buy before which is why I’m always shocked at the amount she spends on clothes! The name ‘Cracklin’ ends me 😂 You’re spot on, she’s going well out her way to try show she’s inclusive now!
Cracklin wasn’t my nickname though 😂

See Cracklin seems to talk the talk But doesn’t seem to walk it. So... she posts let’s support black owned businesses and gets kudos so you think ok... purchase off The back of this? Her actual recent purchases not one of them has been a black owned business but she thinks “oh I’ll post a black person in a few cute adverts here” this makes me look woke and inclusive!

i’ve bought exercise wear and candles and a kids dress from black owned businesses and then had tea and cake from a new black owned cafe near where I live. I mean maybe in a huge amount of black people in Lincoln but try harder Cracklin!

todays stories and one is... I’m so sad my Monday mornings courses are coming to an end - eg how do I persuade more sheeple, fools to part with their money?!!! 😏😂

Reactions: 1
I know Charlotte through moving in the same social circles and having lots of mutual friends. She has always been lovely towards me and I personally love her style. Haven’t seen her for a very long time though.

But I have to agree with what a previous poster said about them renting from family. They actually live on a really rough estate, the house is nice though but the location is terrible. It baffles me why she would choose to live there unless they are getting it really cheap
Imagine her tottering around her really rough estate in her patchwork coat and ridiculous white boots :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Imagine her tottering around her really rough estate in her patchwork coat and ridiculous white boots :ROFLMAO:
Is she really living on a rough estate? Doesn’t look like it? Her boots etc are ridiculous and the size of those handbags...,

Crackers couldn’t resist could she - posting some photos of a not that cute place she’s staying in Rye (hoping to get a reduction on your stay Cracklin?!)

honestly says one thing does another!

does make me snigger how she ponces about a council estate in Lincoln wonder what the other residents think or is she a style icon to them?!

After saying she wouldn’t post on the gram whilst on holiday she puts her hotel yday - ok that’s a given maybe - now she’s on Canber sands in that vile overpriced patchwork coat of hers.

Cracklin you’re going against what you say - if you’re staying off the gram then stay off the gram damn you, I think she’s a bit of a narcissist/egomaniac (I can tell that by her videos of herself).

funny before I met her I didn’t think she’d be half as annoying as she is on the gram (she’s ok in real life)

She’s pure addicted. What a shame to be unable to stick to your own word.

Reactions: 4
The coat is just so awful. SO AWFUL. I’m all for being an individual but it just looks so unflattering, unpractical and like she stole a Victorian child’s bedspread to wrap around her.

There’s a way to do that vintage, pastel, individualistic look without looking shite.

Reactions: 6
I had a look at her website today.
For starters, the blurb on the Google homepage still says ‘Betty magazine’ and as for the site.....it’s so confusing!

who are you now Cracklin?!

a business advisor? Magazine? Podcaster? Influencer? Blogger? I think most of us have followed her long enough to have seen her try all of these But imagine if you were a new client with no previous knowledge of her and Cracklin has been recommended to you to help with your social media marketing?

If she can’t figure out and make it explicitly clear exactly what she is about and what she can do for you then she’s failing.

Anyone remember when she started a weekly mail out except, it wasn’t weekly as promised. It came out sporadically, when she could be bothered

• Haha
For starters, the blurb on the Google homepage still says ‘Betty magazine’ and as for the site.....it’s so confusing!

a business advisor? Magazine? Podcaster? Influencer? Blogger? I think most of us have followed her long enough to have seen her try all of these But imagine if you were a new client with no previous knowledge of her and Cracklin has been recommended to you to help with your social media marketing?

If she can’t figure out and make it explicitly clear exactly what she is about and what she can do for you then she’s failing.

Anyone remember when she started a weekly mail out except, it wasn’t weekly as promised. It came out sporadically, when she could be bothered
Agreed with all you say, it’s a bit of a mess and contradiction her website etc.

I’m wondering how long she’ll peddle snake oil - ahem her “advice” and how many of them see how it works when they could do a far cheaper online marketing etc course themselves - a lot of her clients want to emulate her success so sign up like sheeple.

The coat is just so awful. SO AWFUL. I’m all for being an individual but it just looks so unflattering, unpractical and like she stole a Victorian child’s bedspread to wrap around her.

There’s a way to do that vintage, pastel, individualistic look without looking shite.
That coat is really dire - it doesn’t suit her figure at all and seeing it billowing along the sand dunes at camber I’m wondering why she’s wearing a £600 coat to the seaside?!

the vintage pastel look apparently lilac etc is back in vogue, it suits Cracklin and I wore it years ago when it was in vogue.

I do think Cracklin bless her is enjoying her staycations away from her god awful council estate home - her house is ok and Lincoln is nice but it’s hardly south coast where she was before and it’s not that handy for travel to London. She must feel she’s really come down in the world living there...

She’s actually not a bad influencer or blogger but it seems like she has a scattergun approach and likes to pull the wool over people’s eyes - I know she can’t help her expressions but her annoying smug know all pointing and gestures whilst on her videos would get to me after a while!

and true what you say - what do you actually do Cracklin, because it does seem like she spreads herself across her many areas very thinly and then hopes for the best. I know it can’t be easy being a young mum but Jack’s there and very supportive and so are her parents.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

Yes! And she either spent her time telling us it was gonna be late or complaining about having to do it.

The online courses will die out when everyone realises it's a bit tit and could do it themselves. I reckon it'll be her own bo-po chintz-riddled clothes line next.