Cervical cancer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely mention it to your GP and stress you would like it to be checked out
I did before I had my smear test done, she said that my smear was clear and my cervix looked lovely and healthy (seriously lol). Then she said let's see what the smear says which hpv negative. I never bled after having the smear test, which was rough as hell she proper swabbed it and it was squeaking felt awful but not a drop of blood after that and was rougher than when I have sex sorry tmi, so I am wondering whether it is just a one off.

I did before I had my smear test done, she said that my smear was clear and my cervix looked lovely and healthy (seriously lol). Then she said let's see what the smear says which hpv negative. I never bled after having the smear test, which was rough as hell she proper swabbed it and it was squeaking felt awful but not a drop of blood after that and was rougher than when I have sex sorry tmi, so I am wondering whether it is just a one off.
It sounds like you are completely fine! I’m not a doctor though so trust your body and any changes!

Reactions: 1
It sounds like you are completely fine! I’m not a doctor though so trust your body and any changes!
I hope so love... I have severe health anxiety but I've never had a bleed after sex before so frightened me but it was very light. All of this driving me mad as this year is full of bad news. Fingers crossed for those waiting for the results and thinking of those undergoing treatment xx

I hope so love... I have severe health anxiety but I've never had a bleed after sex before so frightened me but it was very light. All of this driving me mad as this year is full of bad news. Fingers crossed for those waiting for the results and thinking of those undergoing treatment xx
Me too! My mum passed away in January so every little thing I think I’m dieing! Hope it gets better for you! It may have just been a little tear if it was rougher than usual or something! Thinking of you all
Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me too! My mum passed away in January so every little thing I think I’m dieing! Hope it gets better for you! It may have just been a little tear if it was rougher than usual or something! Thinking of you all
Xxx
It could well be. I just need to calm down a bit but so bloody hard with everything that's been going on this year. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum xxx

Thank you! I hope so too. Question: if you had a HPV vaccine in school does that mean you won’t get it?
Unfortunately not, it helps to protect against certain strains. At the grand old age of 28 I had HPV and CIN3 detected from a routine smear in March this year, whisked in for treatment within days. This was Despite having the injection all those years ago and a very normal previous smear.
just make sure you go for any concern ladies, glad to see this thread 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It could well be. I just need to calm down a bit but so bloody hard with everything that's been going on this year. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum xxx
Well I’m always here if you want to chat about it. And yes exactly I think everyone is feeling this way at the minute! It’s all around us. Thank you Xxx

• Heart
Just found this thread after I got a text reminder from my doctors for my smear tomorrow, I’m mid 40’s so I’ve had a few! A few years back I had abnormal cells which lead to a colposcopy (I think it’s spelt like that!) nasty bits zapped away and biopsy, all ok thank goodness and 6 monthly smears for a while, just dread to think if I hadn’t gone, keep them up ladies 👍

Reactions: 2
Thank you! I hope so too. Question: if you had a HPV vaccine in school does that mean you won’t get it?
I’ve had the hpv vaccine. Unfortunately I still got hpv and have had to have abnormal cells removed. I’ve had numerous smears since and the virus just won’t duck off 🙄

I’ve had the hpv vaccine. Unfortunately I still got hpv and have had to have abnormal cells removed. I’ve had numerous smears since and the virus just won’t duck off 🙄
My friend has the same issue. She has persistent HPV and always having colposcopies. She's fed up of having her vag and cervix prodded and poked at but the outcome of not having it would've been far worse. Have they said why it is persistent? Did you find out you had HPV when you had first smear at 25? X

I am overdue my smear due to covid. It was to be in March and I was so busy I thought I’d put the appointment back a few weeks. Then everywhere shut down and GP wasn’t doing them, and then I fell pregnant. I’ll be a year overdue when I am finally able to get it done and it really does worry me, because you just never know, and you read such awful stories, and I keep worrying in the year I’m not tested “what if” and imagining my husband having to raise 4 kids alone. Not that I’m overreacting 😬

I’ve been kicking myself for not putting it top of my priority list, but then who would have known covid would be such a big deal 🤦🏻‍♀️ I did have one abnormal smear years ago but the second one came back fine.

• Heart
My friend has the same issue. She has persistent HPV and always having colposcopies. She's fed up of having her vag and cervix prodded and poked at but the outcome of not having it would've been far worse. Have they said why it is persistent? Did you find out you had HPV when you had first smear at 25? X
Yes! Went for my first smear at 25.. turned out I had hpv and abnormal cells so had a colposcopy a few months later. I was told the hpv would probably go away on its own and to come back in another 6 months for another colposcopy. I had treatment there and then to remove the cells (not cancerous thankfully) but I still had hpv. Again I was told it would probably go on it’s own. Fast forward 2 years and several smears later I still have hpv but luckily no more abnormal cells. I guess they will just monitor me regularly now, idk 🤷‍♀️ It’s a pain in the arse tho! They haven’t given me any reason as to why it’s persistent either 🙄 x

I was diagnosed with it 11 years ago I was 27 , I suffered bloating , lower back pain and bleeding during sex ,
After I split from a partner of 10 years due to him cheating I went for a std check , the. A smear as I was completely clear , the symptoms didn’t mean a thing to me at the time as I put it down to stress ,
I was diagnosed with 2b1 ,
I had to have a full radical hysterectomy, lymphodectomy and chemotherapy,
I got the all clear finally but unfortunately I lost my fertility with not children either , I can’t say it’s defined me but it’s affected my whole world and life over not going and getting checked sooner ,they should offer smears so much earlier and without a battle 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was diagnosed with it 11 years ago I was 27 , I suffered bloating , lower back pain and bleeding during sex ,
After I split from a partner of 10 years due to him cheating I went for a std check , the. A smear as I was completely clear , the symptoms didn’t mean a thing to me at the time as I put it down to stress ,
I was diagnosed with 2b1 ,
I had to have a full radical hysterectomy, lymphodectomy and chemotherapy,
I got the all clear finally but unfortunately I lost my fertility with not children either , I can’t say it’s defined me but it’s affected my whole world and life over not going and getting checked sooner ,they should offer smears so much earlier and without a battle 💔
This resonates with me so much. Life after is so hard. Friends and family don’t look at you the same, can’t have children and the constant worry of it coming back. Sending you lots of love xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This resonates with me so much. Life after is so hard. Friends and family don’t look at you the same, can’t have children and the constant worry of it coming back. Sending you lots of love xxxx
That’s exactly it , I only cough and mum has me at the hospital ,
I was single when it happened due to the separation but each relationship in one way or another has been affected by it , only now my current partner has young children doesn’t want anymore and we are happy with that as I get to be stepmum without the pressure of not giving him an child ,
But mentally it give me personal issues over it , massive ptsd , and as you say friends all having babies and posting pregnancy’s which is fine totally love them to bits but still somewhere inside the pain will always be there

That’s exactly it , I only cough and mum has me at the hospital ,
I was single when it happened due to the separation but each relationship in one way or another has been affected by it , only now my current partner has young children doesn’t want anymore and we are happy with that as I get to be stepmum without the pressure of not giving him an child ,
But mentally it give me personal issues over it , massive ptsd , and as you say friends all having babies and posting pregnancy’s which is fine totally love them to bits but still somewhere inside the pain will always be there
It is really hard, I don’t think the pain will ever go away we just have to learn to live with it. I am happy to hear that you have a lovely partner and are a stepmum though, that’s amazing 🥰

I think the reason they are not offered to under 25's is that there are so many changes in the very young and there are often a lot of false positives. That doesn't take away from the poor women under 25 who contract it of course.

Just came across this thread im 32 I lost my mum to cervical cancer 7 years ago she was 42 I was 24.. if any of you have any concerns or symtoms then go get checked straight away! My poor mum went through hell she was scared to go at first and she kept bleeding and new in her gut something was wrong so she put it off through fear.. when she died I was left to look after and bring up my younger brother aswel as me being a mum to 3 children already. But I done it as I promised mum id look after him and see him right. Its a savage disease and can lead onto other things.. but if u catch the pre cancer cells it can also prevent the agony of it all. Which is why our smears are so important! Hope this helped at least someone! Lots of love x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve got a smear test on Thursday due to pain and random bleeding / spotting I’ve been having over the last month. I’m scared beyond belief, not of the test itself but of the results. I hope they’re quick.

• Heart