Celebrity chefs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a cookery day and dinner with James Martin a couple of years ago - I loved every minute. I didn't think he was arrogant at all, he was just like he is on the TV, big, blokey, affable and easy company. His food wasn't bad, either. There were about ten of us there, and we all had a great time, learned a lot and came away with some really great memories.

Reactions: 17
Oh my god, this is the thread for me. My other half and I absolutely love joking about celebrity chefs when they’re on tv. I was actually thinking of starting this same thread 😂 I have no gossip but many comments.

I love to hate Jamie O, some of his recipes are my go tos, but he pisses me off so much. It’s probably because his recipes require every piece of equipment in your kitchen and so it takes forever to wash up. The constant ‘wazzy wazzy woo woo’. Or the bad service you always seemed to get in Jamie’s Italian restaurants. Or when he came to Rotherham on his turkey twizzler crusade 🙄 Gennaro on the other hand.. adore him.

Nigella is an icon. No debates. Absolutely love her shows when it shows her raiding the fridge at 1am in a silky nightie.

Nigel Slater’s Wikipedia page is an eye opener. He’s so pompous, cracks me up when he posts on twitter about the foxes in his garden or something though. I always read his tweets to my other half and say guess who - he nails it every time. His ‘simple suppers’ are absolutely ridiculous, but we watch him anyway.

Rick Stein and his gingham M&S shirts, god love him. He really is Alan Partridge come to life but his long weekend shows are classic, love his unPC comments, always going on about “the Greeks” and “the French”. We got engaged in one of the cities he went to, so we went to the restaurant he visited to celebrate and it was fantastic - so we owe him. Glad to hear he’s a nice person in real life. His son looks like a total dick though.

Did anyone watch Gordon, Gino and Fred? Loved that show. Gino is hilarious, and one of his recipes is my favourite ever pasta dish.

Delia. What a queen. She makes Mary Berry and her terrifying fingers look common as muck 😂

Gregg Wallace.. sigh. He’s such a goon on Masterchef. His factory shows and the shopping ones are just not as good compared to his pure comedy value on MC. #ButteryBiscuitBase John Torode is irrelevant. Thanks for the ‘John the Toad’ comments. I’m stealing them 😂

Thoughts on Hairy Bikers? If you’ve not tried their sausage casserole, you’ve not lived 😂 their Baltic tv show was great and they’re actually likeable chefs. I’d be gutted if they turned out to be awful people.

The absolute god tier of celebrity chefs however has to be Miss Ina
She was the first ever TV cooking show I watched religiously. I love her and Jeffrey’s relationship, you can tell they absolutely adore each other and that’s so cute. Her house in the Hamptons is to die for. I love how she cracks eggs and throws the shells in the sink, no doubt for some minion to clean up after her. When she gets her gay friends round to do floral arrangements to match the ‘casual’ linen napkins you know it’s gonna be a good episode. Every recipe has soooo much booze and about ten sticks of butter 😂 She is my fancy witch role model, when she says ‘store bought is fine’ you know it’s not really fine, and I always buy in the GOOD VANILLA for baking. Her lockdown content has been perfection and she has so many celebrity friends. If I could have dinner cooked for me by any celebrity chef, it would be her. I would be in awe 😍

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to get this off my chest 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Oh my god, this is the thread for me. My other half and I absolutely love joking about celebrity chefs when they’re on tv. I was actually thinking of starting this same thread 😂 I have no gossip but many comments.

I love to hate Jamie O, some of his recipes are my go tos, but he pisses me off so much. It’s probably because his recipes require every piece of equipment in your kitchen and so it takes forever to wash up. Or The bad service you always seemed to get in Jamie’s Italian restaurants. Or when he came to Rotherham on his turkey twizzler crusade 🙄 Gennaro on the other hand.. adore him.

Nigella is an icon. No debates. Absolutely love her shows when it shows her raiding the fridge at 1am in a silky nightie.

Nigel Slater’s Wikipedia page is an eye opener. He’s so pompous, cracks me up when he posts on twitter about the foxes in his garden or something though. I always read his tweets to my other half and say guess who - he nails it every time. His ‘simple suppers’ are absolutely ridiculous, but we watch him anyway.

Rick Stein and his gingham M&S shirts, god love him. He really is Alan Partridge come to life but his long weekend shows are classic, love his . We got engaged in one of the cities he went to, so we went to the restaurant he visited to celebrate and it was fantastic - so we owe him. Glad to hear he’s a nice person in real life. His son looks like a total dick though.

Did anyone watch Gordon, Gino and Fred? Loved that show. Gino is hilarious, and one of his recipes is my favourite ever pasta dish.

Gregg Wallace.. sigh. He’s such a goon on Masterchef. His factory shows and the shopping ones are just not as good compared to his pure comedy value on MC. #ButteryBiscuitBase

Thoughts on Hairy Bikers? If you’ve not tried their sausage casserole, you’ve not lived 😂 their Baltic tv show was great and they’re actually likeable chefs. I’d be gutted if they turned out to be awful people.

She was the first ever TV cooking show I watched religiously. I love her and Jeffrey’s relationship, you can tell they absolutely adore each other and that’s so cute. Her house in the Hamptons is to die for. I love how she cracks eggs and throws the shells in the sink, no doubt for some minion to clean up after her. When she gets her gay friends round to do floral arrangements to match the ‘casual’ linen napkins you know it’s gonna be a good episode. Every recipe has soooo much booze and about ten sticks of butter 😂 She is my fancy witch role model, when she says ‘store bought is fine’ you know it’s not really fine, and I always buy in the GOOD VANILLA for baking. Her lockdown content has been perfection and she has so many celebrity friends. If I could have dinner cooked for me by any celebrity chef, it would be her. I would be in awe 😍

My daughters and I love doing impressions of Genaro when he tastes food ‘OH MY GOD!’ 😂😂

Agree that Nigel Slater is pompous.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My daughters and I love doing impressions of Genaro when he tastes food ‘OH MY GOD!’ 😂😂

Agree that Nigel Slater is pompous.
He’s the absolute best isn’t he 😭😭 love him so much. How did Jaymo get it so wrong with Gennar as a mentor, it’s appalling 😂

“Slats” as we call him.. he just comes across as a knob 😂 I saw something on tv the other day from about 1996 with him and Nigella on, I think they’re friends in real life? Their outfits were hilarious and they were both so nervous. Now they are the uk’s most verbose humans, why say something in five words when you could use 20 that no one understands 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I love to hate Jamie O, some of his recipes are my go tos, but he pisses me off so much. It’s probably because his recipes require every piece of equipment in your kitchen and so it takes forever to wash up. The constant ‘wazzy wazzy woo woo’. Or the bad service you always seemed to get in Jamie’s Italian restaurants. Or when he came to Rotherham on his turkey twizzler crusade 🙄 Gennaro on the other hand.. adore him.

Rick Stein and his gingham M&S shirts, god love him. He really is Alan Partridge come to life but his long weekend shows are classic, love his unPC comments, always going on about “the Greeks” and “the French”. We got engaged in one of the cities he went to, so we went to the restaurant he visited to celebrate and it was fantastic - so we owe him. Glad to hear he’s a nice person in real life. His son looks like a total dick though.

Delia. What a queen. She makes Mary Berry and her terrifying fingers look common as muck 😂

Gregg Wallace.. sigh. He’s such a goon on Masterchef. His factory shows and the shopping ones are just not as good compared to his pure comedy value on MC. #ButteryBiscuitBase John Torode is irrelevant. Thanks for the ‘John the Toad’ comments. I’m stealing them 😂

You missed out Jamie Oliver's limited flavours of lemon and chili on every dish! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Aren't they Hairy Bikers rumoured to be massive coke heads? The darker hair one a complete knob IRL, the more grey an ok bloke!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Love ALL of this. I also like Gennaro but I struggle to watch J.O. He's such a knob. Hahaha 'wazzy wazzy woo woo' is so irritating.
I honestly could fill a book with all the things I hate about Gregg Wallace, he really offends me.
I do like Nigella and Delia and I love Ina as well! I find her program so easy to watch, and I love little innocent Jeffrey when he gets to go off on visits to places.
I tell you who else gets on my tits, Ree Drummond. They seem like such a weird family and her accent grates on me. It's all such basic food too. We're watching a cookery program love, challenge us a bit.
I don't get pompous from Nige at all either, he comes across as just in his own little bubble to me.
There are some horrifying posts on HFW over on the Secret Celeb Gossip btw....like....really grim.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I tell you who else gets on my tits, Ree Drummond. They seem like such a weird family and her accent grates on me. It's all such basic food too. We're watching a cookery program love, challenge us a bit.
Hahaha we are like the same person! She is nuts! I love it when she says berrrrrederrrrrr instead of butter.. have you looked at their house? It’s in the middle of nowhere.. Must be such a weird existence. I can’t help repeating her sentences after her for jokes because her accent is so bizarre 😂

I haven’t watched HFW really.. I’ll hunt out the gossip now though 😱😱😱

Reactions: 3
Hahaha we are like the same person! She is nuts! I love it when she says berrrrrederrrrrr instead of butter.. have you looked at their house? It’s in the middle of nowhere.. Must be such a weird existence. I can’t help repeating her sentences after her for jokes because her accent is so bizarre 😂

I haven’t watched HFW really.. I’ll hunt out the gossip now though 😱😱😱
Hahaha I do her accent a lot as well. They seem like they're stuck in the 1950s....very odd couple.
My Dad and I watched a couple of episodes of Giada de Laurentiis a while back...and my Dad is still doing impressions of the way she says 'raw'. He randomly sends me voice notes of it 😂
I think the HFW stuff is maybe Secret Celeb Gossip 19? Honestly it's repulsive. I've never really watched him but I definitely couldn't now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

So he likes women in the kitchen to look at and to banter with but doesn’t think they make good chefs 🙄
So what he actually said was that it tends to be a male dominated industry, banter ensues and females do break up the macho bullshit a bit. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think I must be the only one who is not offended by Gregg Wallace 🤣
I'm not offended, but he is a complete twit.

Aren't they Hairy Bikers rumoured to be massive coke heads? The darker hair one a complete knob IRL, the more grey an ok bloke!
Really, even after the health scare they're still snorting?

• Heart
Reactions: 2