Celebrity chefs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi,

This is my first thread, can't see any on this subject so I thought I'd start it after being inspired by a fellow poster on the secret celeb gossip thread.

So, celebrity chef gossip it is...so far we have heard about ...
HFW and his hairy activities
The gorgeous late Keith Floyd (😍😍😍) and his fondness for a sniffer or two as well as his love for the ladies
Jamie allegedly being a bit of a cheat

Is there anything I have missed?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think Ramsay's well known for putting it about as well.

Pleasantly surprised to read in one of the older Celebrity goss threads that MPW is a nice bloke in person

There must be a few skeletons in Nigel Slaters cupboard, he gives off a very odd vibe

I bet there's some interesting stuff on Nigella knocking about

Reactions: 6
Perhaps not the height of celebrity chefs, but Paul Ainsworth is an all round top bloke.

James Martin is very arrogant by all accounts.

Tom Kerridge is also lovely, though heard rumours he had an eye for the ladies but him and his wife seem pretty solid to me...

Reactions: 6
Doesnt Gordon Ramsey allegedly have a thing for drag queens, or did I imagine that?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think Ramsay's well known for putting it about as well.

Pleasantly surprised to read in one of the older Celebrity goss threads that MPW is a nice bloke in person

There must be a few skeletons in Nigel Slaters cupboard, he gives off a very odd vibe

I bet there's some interesting stuff on Nigella knocking about
Nigel Slater is gay. Not heard anything bad about him.

Reactions: 5
Doesnt Gordon Ramsey allegedly have a thing for drag queens, or did I imagine that?
Wasn't he arrested when he was younger and when asked about it now he puts it down to tom Foolery?

Can't quite remember what he was arrested for.

My cousin was on MasterChef the Professionals a few years ago and said Marcus Wareing was very rude to everyone on the show except him. He even gave him a signed copy if his latest book.

Reactions: 8
Nigel Slater's book about his growing up was made into a TV programme years ago...I can't remember much about it! I think he had quite a strange/hard time.

Edited to add, Toast, that was the name.

Reactions: 11
One of the Secret Celeb Gossip threads has lots about Jamie Oliver and his alleged serial cheating, can't remember which number it is.

I went to Rick Stein's cookery school in 2018 and loved it. Expensive, but if you have decent kitchen skills it's so worth going. The staff all have lovely things to say about him and his ex wife Jill, who has a lot to do with the shop, school and restaurant in Padstow. They do not like the son Jack though. Apparently he's arrogant, not a particularly good chef and when he's filming he leaves the kitchen in a terrible state and expects the cookery school chefs to clean it up the next day.
I met Rick Stein and Tom Kerridge at Pub in the Park last year- can highly recommend it. The food was incredible. They were both really friendly, happy to talk to everyone and have pictures taken. Rick Stein bought me a gin and tonic!

I also have a friend who was on the production team for one of James Martin's programmes in the early 2000s. She said he was a total bellend. Apparently they filmed one show next to a marina/dock and he turned up on a jet ski....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Oh is he? Does he have a partner?

Ps - you're all my people, I love my celeb chefs ❀
I looooooovvveee Nigel Slater, he seems such a gentle soul. I was so shocked when I saw Toast, what a horrible childhood he had.

Pps- Me too ❀

Reactions: 12
One of the Secret Celeb Gossip threads has lots about Jamie Oliver and his alleged serial cheating, can't remember which number it is.

I went to Rick Stein's cookery school in 2018 and loved it. Expensive, but if you have decent kitchen skills it's so worth going. The staff all have lovely things to say about him and his ex wife Jill, who has a lot to do with the shop, school and restaurant in Padstow. They do not like the son Jack though. Apparently he's arrogant, not a particularly good chef and when he's filming he leaves the kitchen in a terrible state and expects the cookery school chefs to clean it up the next day.
I met Rick Stein and Tom Kerridge at Pub in the Park last year- can highly recommend it. The food was incredible. They were both really friendly, happy to talk to everyone and have pictures taken. Rick Stein bought me a gin and tonic!

I also have a friend who was on the production team for one of James Martin's programmes in the early 2000s. She said he was a total bellend. Apparently they filmed one show next to a marina/dock and he turned up on a jet ski....
The missus and I love Ricks shows, really pleased to hear that he's a decent sort in real life

Reactions: 10
Glynn Purnell has a cheesy knob πŸ˜† Not my experience, a friend's.
πŸ˜‚ I know he has a cousin who has the same name. Hardly gossip mind!

I heard he puts it about a bit.

I looooooovvveee Nigel Slater, he seems such a gentle soul. I was so shocked when I saw Toast, what a horrible childhood he had.

Pps- Me too ❀
I must try and find that. He seems a gentle soul.

I can believe that about Jack with how he is. Jill acted very dignified with the breakdown of their marriage from what I saw.

We're going to a Pub in the Park in September - if it still goes ahead. Really looking forward to it.

Reactions: 5
oh, id love to go to pub in the park, do they think it will still happen? just seen my dates would be the end of Sept. I'm so nervous to book anything at the moment. I guess they would provide a refund if it didn't happen x

Reactions: 2
oh, id love to go to pub in the park, do they think it will still happen? just seen my dates would be the end of Sept. I'm so nervous to book anything at the moment. I guess they would provide a refund if it didn't happen x
I subscribe to the emails but I haven't got tickets for this one. Not 100% sure it'll go ahead. I'll definitely be going back next year though, I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 1

Love watching Rick Stein cookery shows. Shame about his son though. So surprised to hear this about James Martin. He comes across really nice on TV.

Reactions: 3
We bought our tickets before lockdown and it's been rescheduled. Given pubs and restaurants are reopened, it makes sense that part will still will go ahead, though maybe people will just have to be further apart than they would have been before. No idea about the music part.

I'll have to report back!!

Anyone have anything on Nadia Hussain? Her and her husband seem like such a wonderful couple.

Reactions: 4