Celebrity chefs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do like Nigel Slater, and Toast was a great film. I was hoping to see the play, but who knows when, or where. I do remember there was a bit of criticism from the step mum's family that he had exaggerated and she was nowhere near as horrible as he portrayed her, but they would stick up for their family right?

Reactions: 7
We used to holiday in Cornwall years ago. My dad has met Rick Stein a fair few times and has always said lovely things about him.

I always think Simon Rimmer comes across as a decent guy. Just a hunch though, I don't know anyone who can confirm.

Reactions: 3
We used to holiday in Cornwall years ago. My dad has met Rick Stein a fair few times and has always said lovely things about him.

I always think Simon Rimmer comes across as a decent guy. Just a hunch though, I don't know anyone who can confirm.
Simon Rimmer seems to think he invented pulled pork. Surely that can't be right

• Haha
Reactions: 13
He is not vegetarian but he does own Greens Veggie Restaurant in West Didsbury, Manchester.

Reactions: 2
I did a private cookery day with the late great Gary Rhodes about 13 years ago.
He was BRILLIANT - lovely lovely guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I did a private cookery day with the late great Gary Rhodes about 13 years ago.
He was BRILLIANT - lovely lovely guy.
Oh he always seemed so lovely and I heard many good reports. His death was so sad. His brother posted on twitter a few months ago that he was struggling with it too. 😟

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Any gossip on John trode? I think he comes across like an hole but felt I could be wrong after Lisa F got with him. Still something doesn’t feel right about him.

Reactions: 8
He’s a sexist twit who thinks women shouldn’t be professional chefs
Thinking about it, I haven't ever seen a woman chef work for him. Sounds like you know more, care to share...?

Any gossip on John trode? I think he comes across like an hole but felt I could be wrong after Lisa F got with him. Still something doesn’t feel right about him.
He is arrogant I think, though have no direct, or indirect experience. Him and Gregg Wallace, the greengrocer, can both get in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: 4
I completely agree Gregg Wallace should be put in the bin. Why he needs to shout at everyone the whole time kills me

Reactions: 15
Thinking about it, I haven't ever seen a woman chef work for him. Sounds like you know more, care to share...?

He is arrogant I think, though have no direct, or indirect experience. Him and Gregg Wallace, the greengrocer, can both get in the bin as far as I'm concerned.
Gregg Wallace is my number one most hated person on tv. Followed closely by Stacey Dooley. I cannot stand the way he talks and his inane comments about food, which he clearly knows nothing about.

Reactions: 24
Gregg Wallace is my number one most hated person on tv. Followed closely by Stacey Dooley. I cannot stand the way he talks and his inane comments about food, which he clearly knows nothing about.
My mum always calls in that as well! She can't stand him!
Oh god his shouting is the worst! He basically hit it lucky and can't keep it in his pants. 🤮

He also conveniently forgets he's a green grocer. I'm caveating this by saying I have nothing against the profession - it's an honourable trade and the produce is better than supermarkets - but he clearly thinks he's so much better now.

Reactions: 12
My hubby calls him John The Toad 😩🤣

I’ve met MPW and he is absolutely lovely. His son on the other hand is a self entitled twit.

Does anyone else remember when Lenny Henry was on tv and they showed a clip of Ainsley Harriott 😩🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
My hubby calls him John The Toad 😩🤣

I’ve met MPW and he is absolutely lovely. His son on the other hand is a self entitled twit.

Does anyone else remember when Lenny Henry was on tv and they showed a clip of Ainsley Harriott 😩🤦🏻‍♀️
YES! Bloody awful. Chef was a great show. Has anyone ever seen any of Ainsley's comedy?

Oh god his shouting is the worst! He basically hit it lucky and can't keep it in his pants. 🤮

He also conveniently forgets he's a green grocer. I'm caveating this by saying I have nothing against the profession - it's an honourable trade and the produce is better than supermarkets - but he clearly thinks he's so much better now.
He’s an ‘ingredients expert!’

• Haha
Reactions: 5