Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itsjustwhatithink!

Saw Matthew Kelly shopping once, he is really tall!

Gail Platt (Helen Worth?) signed an autograph for me as a kid, she was very smiley and seemed nice to me.

Richard Fleeshman in a queue at the trafford centre, there was a girl near him shamelessly saying of top of her voice how single she was to her friend, he was having none of it 😂 he was gorgeous though!

Alexis Conran, again at the trafford centre, I tired to make eye contact, he just scowled...could have been a bad day!

My dad was at a football match and Shane Richie was there, walking around like he owned the place wanting to be recognised, selfies the lot, my dad asked who he was 🤣 he was not happy!

Sarah Platt (Tina O'Brien) and Todd Grimshaw (Bruno Langley) came to my secondary school when they were doing a grooming storyline to talk to us. She flirted with Todd the whole time, quite inappropriately really in front of a bunch of teenagers.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Saw Victoria beckham once as her brother lived near us, and she visited (rarely). All I remember really was she was teeny tiny, stick thin like a 7 year olds body. She was pretty snooty and travelled in a car with David separate to her kids, who travelled in a people carrier with her parents. Seemed like a weird set up.
Met David a few times and he is genuinely lovely, kind hearted and gives a lot of time to people.

Reactions: 11

Gingercream

VIP Member
I met Simon pegg at a kids festival called lollibop a while ago. He was wearing sunglasses and a big pretentious scarf despite it not being the weather for either, and seemed very up himself - simultaneously trying to draw as much attention to himself while making a fuss about not wanting to be disturbed. I was very disappointed as I’d been a massive spaced fan.

atomic

This makes me cringe so hard but a member of the cheesy boy band Five came into the hospital with either a sister/gf or something and they had injured their arm. One of my colleagues asked if they hurt their arm slam dunking the funk? I had to walk off as I was crying with laughter. Safe to say they did not find this remotely funny and complained. Still the best HR complaint I’ve ever seen 😂
Read this earlier and haven’t stopped thinking about it all day, honestly one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard 😂

• Haha

ElleBow

Working in retail I've seen fair few people over the years..

I was browsing in Selfridges and was stood right next to Rachel Steven's (she is teeny tiny).

Amy Winehouse on Camden high st

Have seen Jameela Jamil, Lauren Pope (not really a celeb but..), Rob Brydon, David Walliams in Selfridges (not all shopping together 🤣) , and the host from Pointless, forgot his name. Never had the courage to speak to people, probably because I was working. Although Rob did try on a blazer (I helped find his size) and David asked me where Burberry was!

Oh and Jamelia once asked for discount in another store in worked for, but my manager said no 🤣

irishbelle Thnak

Chatty Member
Love this thread.
I have met a good few celebs over the years some you may not have heard of as met mainly from 8o’s & 90’s but will tell you anyway someone may remember them.

Jon Bon Jovi – (in a pub I worked in Glasgow circa ‘88) – refused him and his entourage entry as we were full – didn’t know who he was until one of the bar staff came bounding over a few minutes later and told me – I said, ‘Oh well we were full anyway’.
Hugh Grant – In a bar in Marbella – he was so lovely – it was at the height of his career and he was so down to earth.
Kaye Adams – at a workshop in Glasgow - couldn’t have been nicer – seemed to genuinely want to chat.
Heather Small from M People – was at a house party I was at in Glasgow – very humble and remarkably shy.
Greg Fisher (Rab C Nesbitt) – served him in a shop I worked in - So funny and charming (and so very well-spoken) – his wife came over and seemed irritated as he was still chatting – she reminded me of Hyacinth Bouquet – he rolled his eyes at me as he an toddled off with her. (Just like Hyacinths husband)
Stephen Rea (crying game) – Pub in Donegal – Lovely fella – could have chatted to him all day.
Robbie Coltraine – my friend had a lockup garage next to his in Glasgow – he was great craic – so down to earth and friendly – he was doing really well for himself back in the 80’s but so unassuming in real life.
Ricky Ross & Lorraine (Deacon Blue) – I helped do their wedding flowers – lovely couple, again the height of their career but not up themselves at all.
Bobby from The Bluebells – Gave me a kiss
One of the guys from Teenage Fan Club – showed up at a house party I had – no idea who he was but my husband now said he was a fan back in the day so he was impressed if no one else.
I worked near BBC in Glasgow so had a load of celebs coming and going – I don’t remember any of them being obnoxious but their management – well don’t get me started a bunch of arrogant twats.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Not me personally but I am from Essex and it is a well known fact that Gemma Collins doesn’t let you take a selfie with her unless you buy something from her shop! 😂 This is in relation to the TOWIE tour groups that happen along Brentwood high street.

• Haha
  • Wow

Coconutshy

My dad used to be pontins bluecoat and worked with Shane Ritchie... my dad could not stand him and said he was a right arrogant twat, he once leant over my dads plate in the canteen all cocky to take a sausage off my dads plate and my dad stabbed his hand with his fork... he’s not violent I promise :ROFLMAO:
Some of the things my dad knows about him that he’s told me I can never see him in the same light again, ruined the lovable rogue Alfie character for me
Oo0o0oh do tell more? 😘😂

KawaiiAF

VIP Member
I met Cesar Millan aka The Dog Whisperer in London when he was here doing talks live about how to train dogs.

I've never had a man make me feel completely unkempt, but he did! I literally felt like worzel gummidge next to him and I am ok scrubbed up (or so i thought lol!) He made me want to rush out and have a ton of work done :/ I've never, ever seen a man so well groomed in all my borns!

Every single bit of his face and hair was glowing and groomed to perfection. People inc me were stuck gawping at the gloriousness that was his visage, so much so I have no idea what advice he gave and I feel it was cracking. He smiled as he talked and his brilliant white perfect teeth were blinding. I literally had to stand back a foot. He was like an alien supermodel trapped in the body of a diminutive Mexican. It doesn't translate on tv or even pics but in real life he's the closest to a perfect walking and talking wax work you'll ever see! He was shorter than me by about 4 inches. He was nice and super energetic and crazy focused and passionate on his topics. At one point he started leaping around like a puppy that's high energy. He couldn't keep still for a second lol I'll never forget the way he made me so self conscious about my face and hair and I've met lots of high maintenance ppl and never had that reaction, he's really on another level lol. I also got major gay or 'swings both way' vibes from him.

I met Chris Packham at a wildlife event and he was not nice. Talk about being rammed up one's arse. He was chatting to people and belittling them and hoping they wouldn't notice. Most of them did not. I got the impression he was constantly laughing internally at the buffoons. He's def very smart. But also a c*nt :) I don't think anyone could love him as much as he loves himself. He was ignoring most people then wrapping himself around an old lady, turns out she held the event and had a love of falcons same as he. She just ignored him lol There was also something creepy about him. I know he's autistic, I have autistic friends and I know the spectrum differs but I would understand if it was that, but it was not. There's a really off vibe about him that made me want to run home and shower. I didn't enjoy meeting him. He was telling some fans he used to eat tadpoles and was describing their 'earthy taste' as he would bite into them. He said he a ton of stories like that. Grim.

Last edited:
  • Sick

Web30

VIP Member
Not a major story but we saw jeremy clackson at a kids themepark. Just walked past him, i had no clue who he was but it made my dads day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Llamaofkarma

I used to work in TV and regularly met performing artists who were coming on our show. The worst one we ever had was that rapper Wiley. He waltzed in 2 hours late to set time high as a kite and slapped one of the girls from liaison’s behind. He left the dressing room in a huge state.
I met the girls from Little Mix as well, REALLY down to earth and I really enjoyed working with them. Talked to me like I was one of their girlfriends and had a right laugh.

• Heart

oddsock17

Backstage with Snoop Dogg. Super nice guy, lovely crew. We chatted about Pac. He had bottles of Tesco bottled water, oranges and Doritos - no luxury riders there

• Heart

little green ant

When my youngest was 3 months old, we took them to Peppa Pig World. She needed a bottle so I sat down while husband took my other girl in the soft play. I started to feed her and looked next to me to see Nick Knowles. Looks like he’s been embalmed and a lot of Just For Men going on.

Oh and Sharron Davis. She’s actually my
Mums cousin and they played together a lot S children. I’d never met her but bumped into her mum in Smyths toy shop. I spoke to her mum as I’d met her several times and my grandad had not long passed. Sheila explained who I was etc and she just went “oh right” turned around and flounced off. Rude!
Sharron Davis lives in the next street to me, she is known locally for being so rude and up herself 😂
Goes around saying "don't you know who I am"

• Haha

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Pete Doherty lol, I got an autograph and he drew a picture of a stick man. Thought he was probably close to being on his way out and that maybe it would be worth a score on eBay but he's still around and I've lost it now anyway.
How he is still alive and Amy Winehouse isn't is beyond me. It is strange how people's bodies work.

karenjet

VIP Member
OH MY GOODNESS! Apologies for laughing, but that is such a hilarious story!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk
Haha, wouldn’t be me if it wasn’t embarrassing.

I might have the chance of meeting William and Kate tomorrow - let’s see how I manage to make a tit of myself there too!

Mayday

VIP Member
I saw David Beckham back when the Spice Girls did their last reunion tour in 2008. I was in the floor seats and he was standing at one of the balcony bits. (Like the areas you walk through to get to the higher tier seats) I think he had may have had his sons with him but can't remember. He did wave down to people but I don't think he watched the show from there. Everyone was shook though and trying to get out their cameras to snap him. :ROFLMAO:

Tublet83

VIP Member
I was on a tacky LA stars and homes tour outside the beckhams house and David drive up in his convertible he was super friendly ?

I’ve been on a train with David Platt, he fell asleep and missed his stop ?

I’ve seen Geri Haliwell and Bluebell walking through London hand in hand, Geri is so small!

Worst was Bubble from Big Brother UK (anyone remember him?) cutting his toe nails on a flight in the row next to me ?

• Sick