Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossWhore

VIP Member
* Pixie Lott - Arguing on the phone with I think her boyfriend in Central London

* Kelly Rowland - X Factor queue. Asked for my lipstick shade and asked if I was auditioning. Said no. And she said "you have a look"

* Harry Styles - Briefly at a job. He was very polite

* Ariana Grande - Thanks to a good mate of mine. All I can say is. That girl can shoooopppppp!!!

* Daniel Kuluuya - At an event. Gave me some good life advice.

*Naomi Campbell -- Fashion Week yeeeaaaaaars ago - Said I had attitude, but liked it. Haha.

* Rio Ferdinand -- When I was looking my absolute worst. Went to do a quick errand. And see him. Just my luck ha

Reactions: 17

Annie Annie

Chatty Member
I met Steven Fry in 1998!
My husband and I had only known each other a few months and he was going away with his family on a trip that had been planned before we met. We were at that silly stage still, when you really miss each other if you are parted for more than two minutes ? . He had very generously bought me train tickets down to London to spend time my brother and sis in laws and also tickets to stay with a friend who lived in Tunbridge Wells to keep me busy.
My friend came to London to meet me with his brother and a couple of other friends and we had a day in London including being in the audience of Light Lunch hosted by Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc (so I met them that day too ☺). As we were crossing the concourse at Kingscross station to head out to Tunbridge Wells we spotted him! There was Steven Fry, large as life heading in our direction. He was lovely, my friends asked for autographs and handed him their train tickets and I followed suit. Not Not a disaster you might think. Well you are wrong! It was more than a disaster! It was a monumental, unadulterated, disaster of epic proportions.
I tried to think of something impressive to say as he signed my train ticket but all that came out of my mouth in in a high pitched girly voice was "Oh my God, Steven, I love you" like some 12 year old (I was was the grand old age of 25 ☺).

That wasn't the worst of it, not by any means. We went on our way and got on the train. It was then when I went to get something out of my bag, that I realised, there there it was, in my bag, where it had been, the entire time. Only a copy of one of Stevens novels!! I could have asked him to sign that, I could have told him I love his books.
I am a monumental dickhead at times ha ha! ?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just discovered this one!
Saw Andy sugden from Emmerdale in Manchester airport ? he's actually quite short in real life.
Also, I used to work for a well known high street brand and was doing some training in Oxford Street. One of the girls had a personal shopping customer, and everyone was going mental over it, saying don't talk to her, etc etc, so I'm stood talking and arranging some clothes when someone asks me if I can pass them one of "those dresses", turned round and passed it over to some massive, and I mean MASSIVE bloke.
Off they went, and as they walked away I realised it was fucking Beyonce ??‍♀with her security obvs! So I didn't meet her nor speak to her directly but I was in her presence ?‍♀

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Omg. Once I was in London as a kid and I LOVED Rolf Harris (yikes). We were in Covent Garden and I saw Rolf Harris and was like "oh my god, it is Rolf Harris!" I was so excited. Such a shame that he turned out to be a perv.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Bubu

Chatty Member
Fucking olly murs.

He was on my flight back from Stockholm in 2013. When we landed, he was behind me in the border control queue. So I said hey, like your music and congrats on going gold or whatever it was.

Then he made a comment about how this queue was taking so long and I kinda laughed it off.

Then the fucking dick pushes past me in the queue (and a few others) to get further up.

Needless to say, I do not like his music anymore.
Ohhh not Olly, I always imagined he'd be one of the nice ones to meet

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Piccalilli Shinpads

I saw Gail platt (don’t know her real name) when I was about 7! She was marching up oxford street and hit me with her bag and then tutted at me ?
I bought some cheese from her on screen ex husband Martin Platt (Sean Wilson). Really nice chatty guy and his cheese was delicious

• Haha

idk2

VIP Member
Zayn Malik - Met him at a petrol station in Manchester a few months ago. Was completely starstruck and put in waaaaay too much diesel bc my hands started to shake and I didn't trust myself taking the nozzle out safely! I synchronised our walk inside the shop to pay and 'smoothly' asked him if he was himself, even though I 100% knew it was him. He laughed, said yes. He asked if I wanted a picture, took a few and then went on to his friend who followed him in the shop. I was and still am a huge fan of him, honestly couldn't believe my eyes. He is so much hotter in real life but quite short. Maybe 5'8

• Heart

Meg1912

VIP Member
My dad saw Rod Stewart driving about London with the interior light on in his car ya know so every one could see him [emoji849]
That's absolutely hilarious!!! I wouldn't be surprised if his own music was playing as well! And incredibly loud! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

• Haha

Choochoo

Met Katherine Jenkins. She comes across so sweet but it a real diva. All smiles and eyelash flutters when people are watching but completely different when she thinks no one can see her

• Wow

whisperchat

VIP Member
I've met a few celebs at work, I'm not saying who because its patient information but it's funny to see them squirm when you treat them like a normal person and not react when they walk in. 😂 my favourite thing to say -'what's your name please?' they have no idea what to do😂

• Haha

Luce0331

VIP Member
Have you ever met a celebrity who was rude to you?

Many years ago I was in McDonald's with a friend who adored Nick Knowles (I don't know why) He was in the McDonald's and my friend in her surprise at seeing him said "Nick Knowles, oh my god what are you doing here?" and he turned around and said with attitude "I'm having dinner with my kids what do you think I'm doing here?" then turned his back on her. She was devastated as she was such a fan.

Any similar experiences?
To be fair he was with his children, I wouldn’t have approached him whilst he was with them but he definitely could have been more polite to your friend

Reactions: 14
I once sold the Nolan sisters some shoes, that’s my claim to fame. To be honest I don’t go on about it much....mainly because no f****r knows who they are nowadays 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Sat behind Eddie Izzard on a train out of London. It was a bit weird actually, people staring at him and this guy next to me googling him - then when he got off a bunch of people started talking about him and being kind of rude. It made me think about how difficult it must be to a REALLY famous celebrity if you have to deal with that kind of awkwardness from just being..Eddie Izzard, who I only vaguely recognised (Sorry to any big fans, I do think he’s a cool person now).

Sat a couple of rows being Emma Watson to see Hamlet when Jude Law was in it, she was very beautiful and kept a really low profile.

I often see that chap from Top Gear in my local Morrison’s, the short one?

Robert Winston almost ran me over in his stupid fucking car once. David Attenborough was in my building at Uni once, does that count?

Oh I’ve remembered the best one. Once on an early train into London for Uni I was sat behind these four lads. They were being really noisy and drawing attention to themselves, talking about whether it would be ‘safe’ for them to go into an Apple Store and talking about someone called Simon. My Mum is an X factor nut so I worked it out, quick google just now tells me they’re called Union J. I’ve always remembered it because they were just massive dickheads.

Reactions: 13

Truthteller2019

Not me but my husband met Tom Hardy and didn't realise until afterwards! He was on shift (PC) and a man opened the door for him as he was coming out of a petrol station & said 'stay safe'. He said thanks then went back to his car where his colleague was freaking out that he had just spoken to Tom Hardy 😂

• Wow
  • Haha

We were in a taxi in Vegas, absolute bumper to bumper traffic and we weren't going anywhere. Asked the driver to put the windows down, looked out the window and saw Jay Kay from Jamiroquai. Slightly starstruck. He put his window down and was chatting away to us! So so lovely!

We were sitting for a good 10/15 minutes, all while our taxi metre was piling on the dollars, he handed the taxi driver a note before he drove on (can't remember how much it was for, hubby is saying $50) told him to stop being miserable, turn the metre off and be kind 😂

The most random encounter, but he was such a lovely guy!

Also met Noel from hearsay in a pub in cardiff while watching the football, still gutted that he's gay!

Steven Gerrard on the same trip to Cardiff, he's an absolute gent too!

• Heart

dollparts

Pete Doherty lol, I got an autograph and he drew a picture of a stick man. Thought he was probably close to being on his way out and that maybe it would be worth a score on eBay but he's still around and I've lost it now anyway.

• Haha

WillowM

I used to live on Wandsworth Road in Fulham-that's where Louise and Sam Thompson's live right now. I often saw lots of MIC people around that area.
Jamie is tiny, Binky looks way better in real life ( Her ex JP is also very hot). Sam Thompson once let me go ahead of him in Sainsbury's , that was a nice little gesture. :)
Lucy Watson - I saw her at my hairdressers once, she barely spoke to anyone there, came across quite arrogant.

• Heart

Ummasad

Fearne Cotton and the Lost Prophets came into the pub where I worked as a student. Fearne was a bit of a diva, sending back the glass of water she asked for and requesting a different shape glass. And then they walked out without paying.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12