Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Ben Affleck's daughter is called Seraphina which I think is beautiful. Also like Emma Willis daughter's name Trixie and FleurDeForce's daughter is River. Not names I'd ever use but think they are nice. 😊

I hate most of the Kardashian kids names: Dream, True, North, Psalm, Saint etc. Although oddly quite like Stormi (again not that I'd personally use it 😆)

The YouTuber HollyVlogs recently had a baby and called him Cloud and think it may be the most ridiculous name I've heard for a while 😬
Agree with River! It's beautiful

Reactions: 1

Horatio

VIP Member
This is still so weird .. Rafferty is an Irish surname. Although loads of Irish names are suddenly being used as forenames in the USA like Brogan

Shay Mitchell named her daughter Atlas 🤢🤢🤢😂😂
That’s a common American quirk for loads of ‘traditional’ surnames. Things like Carter, Blake ...fucking Bennet , few surnames seem to be off bounds... They are everywhere when you begin to notice

IrishGryffindor

That’s a common American quirk for loads of ‘traditional’ surnames. Things like Carter, Blake ...fucking Bennet , few surnames seem to be off bounds... They are everywhere when you begin to notice
It's so odd. We have a famous sporting family here with the name Brogan so it's really weird. Next will be O'Brien or some shite lol.

• Haha

Horatio

VIP Member
It's so odd. We have a famous sporting family here with the name Brogan so it's really weird. Next will be O'Brien or some shite lol.
Haha probably already happened somewhere in the states i wouldn’t put it past them. This is not meant as an insult to any Americans, more endearment about their relationship with ‘the old country.’ I follow an American YouTuber (incidentally I’d recommend her to anyone interested in the life of a local tv news reporter) called Clancy Burke....Her dad moved over from Ireland at some point before she was born, and it amuses me because though he chose to honour that heritage giving his daughter an Irish name, he still made it a surname!

IrishGryffindor

Haha probably already happened somewhere in the states i wouldn’t put it past them. This is not meant as an insult to any Americans, more endearment about their relationship with ‘the old country.’ I follow an American YouTuber (incidentally I’d recommend her to anyone interested in the life of a local tv news reporter) called Clancy Burke....Her dad moved over from Ireland at some point before she was born, and it amuses me because though he chose to honour that heritage giving his daughter an Irish name, he still made it a surname!
Aw god stop nothing drives us Irish mad than someone with a thick American accent coming over telling us they're Irish lol. I hate Boston cause of that. NY and Chicago aren't as bad lol
No way !! My friend in work is called Dr Clancy going to go tell him now lol. Clancy Burke! How awful !

Twinkle485

I don’t think it matters what people call their kids anymore. The U.K. is becoming a mixed nationality country. So depending on your heritage names are different everywhere. Saying that I have traditional English names for my own kids so🤷🏻‍♀️

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I’m not a fan of any ‘made up’ names. I mean seriously, Apple? There are hundreds of thousands of beautiful, striking names to choose from. Having said that there are names which I would find odd for a child - Colin, Nigel etc. I wanted to call my son Jim but my husband vetoed that!
You know how ‘older’ names are popular again and people do name children after grandparents...do you think children soon will be named Kevin,Kenneth,Keith,Kath etc?

My sister and brother have quite popular normal names...I have a more ‘unique’ name, only ever known one other person with the name. I have always had to correct the spelling and pronunciation and then ‘explain’ my name.
Bizarre thing is... I am the middle child! Parents definitely need to think names through 🤣
Then again, 4 of my children have more unique names and the 1 that has a name that is rarely out the top 10 most popular names is the one name people struggle with pronouncing/vary the spelling of!

Mustard

VIP Member
Ben Affleck's daughter is called Seraphina which I think is beautiful. Also like Emma Willis daughter's name Trixie and FleurDeForce's daughter is River. Not names I'd ever use but think they are nice. 😊

I hate most of the Kardashian kids names: Dream, True, North, Psalm, Saint etc. Although oddly quite like Stormi (again not that I'd personally use it 😆)

The YouTuber HollyVlogs recently had a baby and called him Cloud and think it may be the most ridiculous name I've heard for a while 😬
Charlie Watts, the Stones’ drummer, has a daughter called Seraphina.

Death2unicorns

I haven’t seen this name come up yet but Rafferty is a pretty awful name and doesn’t flow off the tongue that nicely imo. Especially considering his siblings all have fairly normal names... and then Rafferty?!

He also didn’t inherit his father’s bone structure.

Not keen on the name rafferty at all, i think it’s trying a bit too hard to sound posh

IrishGryffindor

Amber Rose has just called her baby boy Slash Electric Alexander Edwards, poor kid, does anyone else find that really selfish? Basically she’s named the baby with herself in mind, cos it sounds cool to her, no consideration for the child at all
Did she do this to be cool ?
As in Slash who plays electric guitar in Guns n Roses.. slash is a nickname that was given to him by someone famous as a kid and it stuck ! But actually naming someone slash lol jaysus

This is Jude Law’s son we’re talking about right? I agree on the bone structure. He looks a bit like his dad but has his mothers face shape. Unlucky for him because young Jude Law was truely beautiful.

Back on topic... I don’t like the name Rafferty myself. It sounds so posh and like a toff to me.

I know someone mentioned zowie Bowie (useful way to remember the correct way to pronounce Bowie - rhymes with Zoe!) But it’s amuses me he spent his teenage years asking to be called ‘joe’ which couldn’t be more different (so normal).... and now he goes by Duncan Jones. Got to respect him for using his dads real surname and not cashing in on ‘Bowie.’
This is still so weird .. Rafferty is an Irish surname. Although loads of Irish names are suddenly being used as forenames in the USA like Brogan

Shay Mitchell named her daughter Atlas 🤢🤢🤢😂😂

thenomad

VIP Member
I haven’t seen this name come up yet but Rafferty is a pretty awful name and doesn’t flow off the tongue that nicely imo. Especially considering his siblings all have fairly normal names... and then Rafferty?!

He also didn’t inherit his father’s bone structure.