Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
I like Buddy, but different but kinda sweet. Also went to school with a Buddy so seems a bit normal but Buzz? That's ridiculous, it's normally the name of the school bully in American kids films!
Home Alone 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Greed-Futures

I used to have a book as a kid with all sorts of weird facts in and one page was full of weird celebrity baby names. Can’t remember who it is now but one celebrity had called their kid Moon Base, which I thought was weird. Apple was on there too. As a kid I thought it was cool. Now I think, poor girl!
Frank Zappa named his kid Moon Unit Zappa. Maybe that's who you're thinking of. She has a sister, Diva Muffin Zappa.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Death2unicorns

Amber Rose has just called her baby boy Slash Electric Alexander Edwards, poor kid, does anyone else find that really selfish? Basically she’s named the baby with herself in mind, cos it sounds cool to her, no consideration for the child at all

• Wow

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Im not a fan of Tom fletchers Buzz and Buddy. Its also odd considering their last son has a normal name, Max.
I like Buddy, but different but kinda sweet. Also went to school with a Buddy so seems a bit normal but Buzz? That's ridiculous, it's normally the name of the school bully in American kids films!

• Haha
Myleene klass latest baby ‘Apollo’ I love as I love greek mythology
Hate ‘Sunday’ as a name sounds ridiculous and cardi b’s kid ‘Kulture’ 🙄
Let us not forget Gwyneth named her first child Apple..
I love an unusual name but they always have to take it a too far. Not sure for what purpose

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I think if I were famous I would be tempted to say my child was called some ridiculous name but really they would be called something different to give them some form of anonymity.

As a teacher I have met many children with names that I initially thought were ridiculous but you end up getting used to them and it starts to seem normal.

I do like soft sounding names so I think looking at the above Enzo is lovely but I don't like the x sound in Mexx

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
You know how ‘older’ names are popular again and people do name children after grandparents...do you think children soon will be named Kevin,Kenneth,Keith,Kath etc?

My sister and brother have quite popular normal names...I have a more ‘unique’ name, only ever known one other person with the name. I have always had to correct the spelling and pronunciation and then ‘explain’ my name.
Bizarre thing is... I am the middle child! Parents definitely need to think names through 🤣
Then again, 4 of my children have more unique names and the 1 that has a name that is rarely out the top 10 most popular names is the one name people struggle with pronouncing/vary the spelling of!
Wait what ! There's another Lars Guinard out there 😉

• Haha

Looney toons

I’m not a fan of any ‘made up’ names. I mean seriously, Apple? There are hundreds of thousands of beautiful, striking names to choose from. Having said that there are names which I would find odd for a child - Colin, Nigel etc. I wanted to call my son Jim but my husband vetoed that!
Its true some names are adult names but not kids which sounds ridiculous as they have to be kids but you know what i mean. My best friend is Nigel I and i hate saying it!! I'd never admit that though as he's great.

Reactions: 5

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Who’s called Cloud? What’d I miss?

My husband was just saying about how he always thought North was a boys name. He’s like “hadn’t thought about it till you said, but in my mind North is a boys name, East and West are girls name and South isn’t a bloody name!” 😂 unexpected that he’s thought that 😂
Holly vlogs has apparently named her baby cloud.

• Sad
  • Wow

Opendoor

LOVE
Rex, Buddy, Max, Flynn, Harper, Everly, Lottie, Luna

Love and don’t know why
Shiloh, Suri, Harlow, Rumer, Alba, Sunday, Elula

• Haha
  • Wow

Looney toons

Good post! I hate all the kadashian kids names with a passion. Maybe not so much penelope but the others... I mean True?? Really? And yes Mexx.. Its like a cleaning product

Please tell me Cloud is a joke? I thought Lake, North, South and Psalm were bad but cloud 🤦‍♀️
Who’s called Cloud? What’d I miss?

My husband was just saying about how he always thought North was a boys name. He’s like “hadn’t thought about it till you said, but in my mind North is a boys name, East and West are girls name and South isn’t a bloody name!” 😂 unexpected that he’s thought that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

judsmum

Chatty Member
I’m not a fan of any ‘made up’ names. I mean seriously, Apple? There are hundreds of thousands of beautiful, striking names to choose from. Having said that there are names which I would find odd for a child - Colin, Nigel etc. I wanted to call my son Jim but my husband vetoed that!

Reactions: 4