Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Some of the reviews make me want to see it, but not I'm paying £12.50..

It takes some ambitious swings and works on its own terms in fits and starts, all while not really working at all.

C is probably the grade this cinematic lunacy deserves

Cats is an insane musical experiment gone wrong.

As a big-budget spectacle, it’s a triumphant disaster, if one at least born from a unique idea.

It's almost unfathomable that this one made it through all the preliminary production meetings without someone sensibly calling a halt to the process by saying, "Wait a minute, those kitties are damn creepy!"

Here’s the thing, though: Cats still makes no f.cking sense.

It’s warbling warbling warbling piffle.

This adaptation gets straight to the heart of the material, which is basically two hours of stray cats introducing themselves.

Do people still use torrents? asking for a friend

HereForLOLS

Chatty Member
I have to say I think that's where a lot of the snark has come from. Non theatre goers. I regular theatre goers are a not better at suspending belief. We've seen people as cats before. My issues with it were not appearance but much more towards orchestration and choreography
I must admit I missed seeing some of the classic choreography- I think it’s just where I was dancing along in my bedroom many years ago!

newtoyou

VIP Member
I wont pay anything to see it and will wait til its on tv, but I hope more clips are put on youtube cos the reviews are v entertaining.

annanuttall

VIP Member
I just read that they used a body double for Taylor Swift part. But she only on screen for 7 minutes in total, is that correct?

Barbs89

Chatty Member
Am I the only one excited to see this 🙈😂.
I just hope they have kept rum tum tuggers original song when I went to see it again a few years back they had tried to update it to a rap kind of song which completely ruined it for me. Also can they fuck off keep casting James cordon in stuff that bloke pisses me right off
Yes to the James Corden thing! Thought I was the only one who can’t stand him!

Web30

VIP Member
Imagine the cat goes through all that effort and just die instead of being reborn.

MrsCuthbo

Whaaaat?? They have “rapified” Rum Tum Tugger song?!!!
Jeez. That’s my fave bit too
Wasnt Paul Nicholas RT in the early musicals?
Im sure he is singing on my Cats soundtrack😊

Yel

Chatty Member
I found two but they’re not the best quality.... I’m typing in 9, not because it’s illegal, because I’m embarrassed I looked. 😐
I downloaded one, and it kept doing this throughout. Not sure if it improves it or not. I didn't bother watching

PSX_20191231_175320.jpg

Web30

VIP Member
We've just downloaded it as my daugthers been asking to watch. It's not as terrible as I was thinking but we are only up to the second song.

Last edited:

MrsCuthbo

Hmmm. Im torn here....
Cats is my favourite musical ever.
Cant see how the film can do justice to it
Will still go watch though 😉

PoleStar

Chatty Member
This trailer and this cat video are why I'd never have another one

Well what does the daft mare expect?! That poor cat was probably scared stiff seeing her suddenly emerging from what looks to him like a box, not surprised it became defensive. Cats may be domesticated but they still have wild instincts - and no I don't have a shred of sympathy for her "bleeding", hardly a trip to A&E is it? Really despair of the intelligence of some people.

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
My partner met John Partridge at the stage door when he was in Cats. However, he didn't even realise until I pointed it out to him in a YouTube clip of the performance he saw 🤣🤣

coconochanel

VIP Member
I just hope they have kept rum tum tuggers original song when I went to see it again a few years back they had tried to update it to a rap kind of song which completely ruined it for me. Also can they fuck off keep casting James cordon in stuff that bloke pisses me right off
Everytime I see Cats that's the only song that comes into my head. 😊 'the rum tum tugger is a curious cat'.

unextricate

Ngl, I didn't love the bits we heard of Memory. It just sounded so... strained? Forced? Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say but whatever it is, it doesn't suit Jennifer Hudson's voice and I'm disappointed.

But mostly commenting to say... the f'king rap that they turned Rum Tum Tugger's song into! Oh my god. It was SO BAD. The original is such a great version, I couldn't believe they ruined it!

Cats has been one of my favourite musicals all my life, I wore out my cassette tape and then bought it on dvd 🤣 It was the first show I ever saw as a kid and, as someone who already loved cats (as in the animals, heh), I was obsessed. So when a friend wanted someone to go see the show with, I was all 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️ yes please.

She'd never seen it before and didn't like it and I ranted about that stupid rap song for DAYS! lmao.

I really want this movie to be good 🤞🏻