CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WTF is this dream club shite I’ve just seen on her stories?? If I started dreaming about the kids of a stranger on the internet, my first thought would not be to message them about it for fear they’d think I’m a n once!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Apparently all her followers have weird dreams about her kids and then inbox flowery descriptions of said dreams. Riiiiiiight

Reactions: 4
I was waiting for a thread on Cathy so thank you for sharing.

I too found out about her originally because of the Daisy May Cooper affair, which she totally blew out of proportion.

I have dwarfism, albeit not achondroplasia, and hate the word midget but I didn’t even notice it in the caption she wrote initially as the intention clearly wasn’t to be nasty. When she took it down that should have been enough but of course it wasn’t 🙄

I find Cathy’s account really draining and negative, like others have said she’s attempting to make a living out of outrage. I do wonder how some people cope with that attitude. Hate the use of the word ‘snowflake’ and I don’t doubt the tit she’s had to go through but some stuff that I wouldn’t even notice she makes a huge deal of.

Recently she was really angry a doctor wrote she ‘suffered’ with a achondroplasia, and stated she’d written a bit complaint. That’s something that I wouldn’t even register, I sometimes use that word myself when I talk about my own condition but no doubt Cathy would accuse me of internalised ableism or something similar.

Growing up I was incredibly insecure about my dwarfism, I think if I found an account like hers it would just make me incredibly angry at the world and still insecure.

Don’t get me wrong issues still need to addressed, life isn’t sunshine and rainbows but sometimes with certain matters there are bigger fish to fry.

Never even thought about that letter being a fake! Makes a lot of sense if so. Even the outrage in the story that followed about how it’s all well and good people being shocked but WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT? Honestly have a day off please, she’ll never be happy with anything.

With Bumblegate she seemed furious they wouldn’t tell her who made up the team who polices their app, in respect of how diverse they are, but surely that wouldn’t be allowed to share that? I know companies will publish business wide reports on diversity but why would a company share the exact race, sexuality, gender etc. of a specific team with her?

Sorry essay over, have a lot to say!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Interesting article from a few years ago. I don’t doubt she needs financial support but complaining about needing a reminder to submit proof for it? It’s not hard to set a reminder on your phone or fridge calendar is it?

Hertford shire times article
The disabled mum who has had to dig into her own pocket
Cathy Kamara is a disabled single mother who commutes from Hitchin to Cambridge four days each week to provide for her two disabled children.

The 33-year-old transitioned to Universal Credit from Child Tax Credit in January after finding that child minder and nursery options weren't compatible with her hours.

She was informed by the local job centre that she would be eligible to claim for childcare costs if she employed a nanny.

Like Mary, Cathy was initially delighted that Universal Credit would cover childcare but was wary that one missed payment could mean her digging into her own pocket.
"Needless to say, the first month they didn't pay me," she said.

"They just didn't know what they were doing. They kept asking me for evidence and then losing it. They promised it and promised it and it just didn't come."

She went without payment for six weeks, although she was eventually reimbursed.

Despite having strong computer skills and previously working as a journalist, she found the system to be very frustrating.

She said: "I continually find the Universal Credit system to be very unfriendly and very unyielding, to the point where I've often misunderstood things to my detriment."

Under the old Child Tax Credit, costs each month were assumed to be the same unless she told the DWP otherwise.

But Cathy claims the new system is putting unnecessary pressure on claimants to prove how much it costs.

She was also reportedly told that she would receive e-mails detailing when she needed to send invoices for childcare, but she claims they never sent any reminders.

"That was the real shocker, just being very accountable and responsible for having to justify every month that this is how much I am paying," she said.

"It feels a bit sneaky – I have to prove I pay this amount every month, even though it’s always the same amount, when it has been evidenced that I’m in a longstanding childcare arrangement with a consistent base cost.

"They never send reminders, which I find really mean, it’s like they want you to forget."
Come on lady, you seem smart enough to set reminders for yourself. Maybe other recipients would struggle but you know how to manage life-min.

Thank you for sharing your view! nice to see a more positive person with dwarfism.

Re: the doctor stating she “suffers” with achondroplasia- talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

I was waiting for a thread on Cathy so thank you for sharing.

I too found out about her originally because of the Daisy May Cooper affair, which she totally blew out of proportion.

I have dwarfism, albeit not achondroplasia, and hate the word midget but I didn’t even notice it in the caption she wrote initially as the intention clearly wasn’t to be nasty. When she took it down that should have been enough but of course it wasn’t 🙄

I find Cathy’s account really draining and negative, like others have said she’s attempting to make a living out of outrage. I do wonder how some people cope with that attitude. Hate the use of the word ‘snowflake’ and I don’t doubt the tit she’s had to go through but some stuff that I wouldn’t even notice she makes a huge deal of.

Recently she was really angry a doctor wrote she ‘suffered’ with a achondroplasia, and stated she’d written a bit complaint. That’s something that I wouldn’t even register, I sometimes use that word myself when I talk about my own condition but no doubt Cathy would accuse me of internalised ableism or something similar.

Growing up I was incredibly insecure about my dwarfism, I think if I found an account like hers it would just make me incredibly angry at the world and still insecure.

Don’t get me wrong issues still need to addressed, life isn’t sunshine and rainbows but sometimes with certain matters there are bigger fish to fry.

Never even thought about that letter being a fake! Makes a lot of sense if so. Even the outrage in the story that followed about how it’s all well and good people being shocked but WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT? Honestly have a day off please, she’ll never be happy with anything.

With Bumblegate she seemed furious they wouldn’t tell her who made up the team who polices their app, in respect of how diverse they are, but surely that wouldn’t be allowed to share that? I know companies will publish business wide reports on diversity but why would a company share the exact race, sexuality, gender etc. of a specific team with her?

Sorry essay over, have a lot to say!

The dream club tit has to be Cathy writing them herself because I cant believe grown women would be messaging some random woman on the internet gushing about how they’ve dreamed about her. I have to hold onto the hope that no one is that sad 😂😂😂

And in her past outrages, she’s always named and shamed but now with the “magazine” letter which hits all the outrage points, she doesn’t? She’s so transparent. I’m really surprised at the people sharing it and how they seem to believe it.

Reactions: 6
I’ve noticed her do this a few times in the relatively short time I’ve been following her. She’ll post about a bad experience she’s had, and then when people respond with sympathetic comments she replies along the lines of ‘THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME AND IF YOU DONT REALISE THAT THEN YOURE PART OF THE PROBLEM’. I can kind of see her point, I live with an invisible illness and it does sometimes frustrate me when people don’t appreciate how hard it can make my day to day life. I think being snarky with people who are trying to empathise is more likely to just alienate them than make them more aware though.

Reactions: 5
Totally agree with all above. When she is faced with kind messages and gestures, her response are rude and rather abrupt! She don’t go out of her way to share any smaller accounts either x

There’s a really positive and friendly lady with Achondroplasia who has an Instagram account called @charli_kate - she’s so happy and level headed, unlike angry Cathy.

Reactions: 2
More gifted skincare after 'mentioning offhand' that she wanted to try the product 🙄🙄

Followed by a q&a box asking people to name their fave skincare brands, presumably for future grifting opportunities.

All has gone very quiet on the email front hasn't it? It is without question the most offensive, abhorrent thing that she's posted on that account in terms of blatent discrimination and racism and she's just dropped it without a fight. Suspicious af.

All has gone very quiet on the email front hasn't it? It is without question the most offensive, abhorrent thing that she's posted on that account in terms of blatent discrimination and racism and she's just dropped it without a fight. Suspicious af.
Extremely suspicious considering how much of a fight she’s put up about other things. For example Bumblegate, she would not let that drop at all. She kept on at them until they just stopped responding because nothing they said was good enough for her. Every bit of correspondence she had with them was storied, she was doing daily updates on it at one bit, so it does seem very odd indeed that there’s been no further mention of that email.

The funny thing with the email is that it was almost so believable! If she hadn’t included the PS section, I’d have not even questioned it.

Do we think (a) nobody is calling her out on it or (b) they are but she’s deleting the comments?!

Reactions: 2
There must be 4 or 5 people a night apparently having dreams with her in it? Don’t believe it for a second.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used to follow Cathy. Think I found her through one of lalas shout outs. I quickly became drained from her negativity and constantly attacking anyone who commented on her posts. So glad there is now a thread on her!!

Reactions: 8
I honestly just can't stand her. Sorry. I completely get that her life must have challenges that I couldn't possibly comprehend, and I commend her sharing awareness and her stories with able bodied people. But my god, she is insufferable. You literally cannot say anything to her at all in case it is the wrong thing to say. She reminds me thirtysomethingsingle, basically 2 miserable, curt women who just want to scream at white, straight people. I also find the dream bullshit really tedious and self obsessed. Shes either making them up or there are some pathetic kiss arses out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I honestly just can't stand her. Sorry. I completely get that her life must have challenges that I couldn't possibly comprehend, and I commend her sharing awareness and her stories with able bodied people. But my god, she is insufferable. You literally cannot say anything to her at all in case it is the wrong thing to say. She reminds me thirtysomethingsingle, basically 2 miserable, curt women who just want to scream at white, straight people. I also find the dream bullshit really tedious and self obsessed. Shes either making them up or there are some pathetic kiss arses out there.
I follow Thirtysomethingsingle too! 😂 I think I might even have found Cathy through her because she shares a lot of her stuff. The pair of them are people that I’d go out of my way to avoid engaging with if I knew them in real life. I just couldn’t be bothered with the constant lecturing & picking holes in every little thing people say & do looking to take offence. So draining.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.