Cash Carraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one is saying they can't. It's about making sure that it us made clear to readers what the premise of a book - particulary about sensitive and emotive issues - is before they buy it. Would it be fine fir me to pretend I have cancer and write a book about that and appear all over Instagram before saying that it was just performance art. No. It would be totally inappropriate and offensive.
You can still be poor and living in refuges and work as a performance artist. She hasn't pretended to have cancer or lied I don't think, I think she is just a very odd woman.

Reactions: 1
I knew she was playing a character, I didn’t realise the whole thing was. I thought some of the snippets into her life that we saw were real. I wonder if none of them were now. I did also wonder why one week she was posting about needing to go to the food bank, and then a few weeks later posting out not a Tory postcards to people that didn’t add up. She has played a blinder if it was all bollocks.

Reactions: 6
Like others have said, she has allegedly used another woman’s dv experience and passed it off as her own
Yeah “allegedly”. People saying she used another woman’s dv experience but no one saying who that woman was. Just anonymous and malicious gossip. There’s a lot of shite being said about her here both good and bad. Huge stretch to say she does lots of characters and makes a good living playing clubs. ?

Reactions: 2
You can still be poor and living in refuges and work as a performance artist. She hasn't pretended to have cancer or lied I don't think, I think she is just a very odd woman.
I'm not sure if you are purposefully missing my point or don't understand - the issue is on what basis the book is being published - fact or fiction. The information you have provided is contradictory to the publisher's description

The point about cancer was clearly an analogy

I didn’t know she was playing a character. Why should I have? Pretty sure a lot of people commenting on her posts and sharing some fairly tragic and raw stories of their own didn’t know either.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t know she was playing a character. Why should I have? Pretty sure a lot of people commenting on her posts and sharing some fairly tragic and raw stories of their own didn’t know either.
In her show she played a character obviously. But she has been a refuge, twice, that isn’t bullshit. So she does have a tragic and raw story of her own to use your words.

Yeah “allegedly”. People saying she used another woman’s dv experience but no one saying who that woman was. Just anonymous and malicious gossip. There’s a lot of shite being said about her here both good and bad. Huge stretch to say she does lots of characters and makes a good living playing clubs. ?
Why on earth would anyone say who the woman was??? The woman is a dv survivor who would most likely want to remain anonymous, for obvious reasons!
I suppose that means it’s one persons word against the other doesn’t it ?

All of her shows over the past year have sold out and so have her art and zines, this girl is doing good.

Why on earth would anyone say who the woman was??? The woman is a dv survivor who would most likely want to remain anonymous, for obvious reasons!
This whole thread is a group of anonymous people against one other woman, it outrageous. There are no facts on this thread, just hatred. I work with Cash and get sent emails all the time about her, it's ridiculous. No one cares, she's a good writer and people like working with her, no one cares about her instagram account.

Last edited:
Well several people mentioned this woman so clearly someone knows who she is, or is everyone just repeating an anonymous rumour? Maybe the woman’s a liar, maybe Cash is or perhaps they both are. But Cash is telling a story in her show that is not fully autobiographical and her show has always been clear about that. So if Cash used some of that woman’s story in her show she’s not really passing it off has her own but using it to create art. Maybe she didn’t have permission to do that but it seems off for this woman to accuse Cash of stealing her story anonymously.

All of her shows over the past year have sold out and so have her art and zines, this girl is doing good.

This whole thread is a group of anonymous people against one other woman, it outrageous. There are no facts on this thread, just hatred. I work with Cash and get sent emails all the time about her, it's ridiculous. No one cares, she's a good writer and people like working with her, no one cares about her instagram account.
Hi Connie, like attracts like I'm afraid. Cash has been utterly vile about and to many many people - if she hadn't, people would want to vent about her. She's not easy to like - or her persona isn't... Not sure which it is.

Reactions: 8
Hi Connie, like attracts like I'm afraid. Cash has been utterly vile about and to many many people - if she hadn't, people would want to vent about her. She's not easy to like - or her persona isn't... Not sure which it is.

I am utterly confused by what is true, I understood that she was in a refuge for 16 years?

‘Cash is a self-confessed “refuge connoisseur”. She knows the refuges with the best counsellors, clothing donations and the ones closest to the heartiest of ‘all you can eat’ buffets. Over the past 16 years she has escaped to refuges in Aldershot to Grantham and everywhere in between and after the ceiling crashes in the safe house she shares with her daughter she attempts to make sense of their journey and vows to begin a new life free from violence‘

As several people mentioned this woman does anyone know who she is or is it everyone repeating that there’s this woman but no one knows how she is? Maybe she’s a liar, maybe it’s Cash or they both are. But Cash is telling a story in her show that is not fully autobiographical and her show has always been clear about that, so if Cash used some of that woman’s story in her show she’s not really passing it off has her own but using it to create art. Maybe she didn’t have permission to do that but it seems off for this woman to accuse Cash of stealing her story anonymously.
I can’t be doing with this.
So because it’s “ART” it’s ok for someone to use someone’s else’s life experiences to make money essentially?? And maybe she didn’t have permission but ??‍♀ Oh well!! It’s art innit.

Honestly this is bollocks. Women who experience dv have to live with it and the after effects, they have to process it to move on. Having your own life experiences ripped off to sell some tickets to a play or a book is so anti-women, anti-survivor, it’s so wrong on many levels.

And whilst it’s still one persons word against the other about this whole thing, I’m inclined to believe there is some truth in the woman who shared her story with CC.

She has never been an influencer or sold adverts, there is no reason for her to be named on this thread other than to bully her. She makes a living as an artist, opinion of her is open to interpretation but she hasn't been in instagram for weeks yet you're all obsessed with her! Who was she vile to? All she did was oppose advertising and the tories?

I am utterly confused by what is true, I understood that she was in a refuge for 16 years?

‘Cash is a self-confessed “refuge connoisseur”. She knows the refuges with the best counsellors, clothing donations and the ones closest to the heartiest of ‘all you can eat’ buffets. Over the past 16 years she has escaped to refuges in Aldershot to Grantham and everywhere in between and after the ceiling crashes in the safe house she shares with her daughter she attempts to make sense of their journey and vows to begin a new life free from violence‘
You're just an idiot! It's a play. bleeping hell!

I can’t be doing with this.
So because it’s “ART” it’s ok for someone to use someone’s else’s life experiences to make money essentially?? And maybe she didn’t have permission but ??‍♀ Oh well!! It’s art innit.

Honestly this is bollocks. Women who experience dv have to live with it and the after effects, they have to process it to move on. Having your own life experiences ripped off to sell some tickets to a play or a book is so anti-women, anti-survivor, it’s so wrong on many levels.

And whilst it’s still one persons word against the other about this whole thing, I’m inclined to believe there is some truth in the woman who shared her story with CC.
There is no question that Cash suffered DV.

She has never been an influencer or sold adverts, there is no reason for her to be named on this thread other than to bully her. She makes a living as an artist, opinion of her is open to interpretation but she hasn't been in instagram for weeks yet you're all obsessed with her! Who was she vile to? All she did was oppose advertising and the tories?

You sound like a friend of cash or could you be the cash?

Reactions: 5

I’m not saying there is?! Are you purposefully misreading what I’m saying?

You’d think cash would be pleased people are discussing her art. Isn’t that the point of art?

Penguin are publishing Mrs Hinch’s new book. I get the feeling that they just jump on a bandwagon, hype as many pre sells as possible based on an outline for a book and then work out the details later.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.