Cash Carraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dry The Rain is my favourite. Stephanie, the woke lawyer slinging her wokeness about like a John Lewis voucher. She’s like the self-appointed judge and jury of Instagram. Verging on amusing to read. The only one who Seems to have an ounce of social intelligence is that Heidi Corbs. Why did Laura Hesketh leave that group of woke warriors?!

Reactions: 1
Maybe because she is a rational person.
She seems like the one of that lot who genuinely cares about the truth. The others are happy tojump on any woke bandwagon. To not see through Cash’s blatant lies and to be bullying others online doesn’t fit with a successful lawyer’s profile. It’s like career self sabotage.

She’s rebranded herself as mes_in_shoulderpads
Yes you are right @mes_in_shoulderpads is the newly branded Dry The Rain....

Last edited:
Mumsnet said they were not operating under a legal threat. No lawyer would send a letter without permission from their firm I’m sure, unless they were spectacularly stupid.

Does anyone follow asideorderofme ?? She’s done a post mentioning that sodding la redoute rug, tories and people being judgy, and badly written Instagram posts ? just wondering who she might be referring to?

Does anyone follow asideorderofme ?? She’s done a post mentioning that sodding la redoute rug, tories and people being judgy, and badly written Instagram posts ? just wondering who she might be referring to?
"So when I read instagram posts from people spewing extended A level English words with a hint of angry emo, I feel cross".

I have no idea who she could be referring to ;)

I wholeheartedly agree with "it is better to educate rather than annihilate" though.

Cash could have been my favourite person on instagram. She was, for a few weeks, until it became more about annihilation and less about education. Such a shame how it has ended up right now, with speculation on gossip boards about whether her lawyer exists/is legit instead of discussion about some of the issues she covers as a writer.

I once had a really lengthy chat/debate with cash on DMs. She eventually told me I seemed ok for a Tory & it had been nice to talk to me. I had called her out on calling everyone who voted Tory a disabled murdering bleep etc etc. I'd been through her account - this was before she edited it - and asked why she'd tagged Boden (or whoever it was) in some early posts. I said she was no better than the instamums she slagged off continuously. I asked her about the stories she used to have up - 'cheese bleep' and going on about Kirstie allsopp etc. She said 'you didn't think that was true did you? That was part of my act!'. I had no prior experience of who she was - I told her I knew no better and took what I saw at face value. She asked why no-one took everything Stewart Lee said as true, but I had believed what she was saying as fact. Anyway after a rambling chat where she eventually calmed down and listened to me, like I said she agreed I was ok for a Tory and said she'd enjoyed talking to me. I noticed very soon after that all her early posts disappeared and so did a lot of the rambling stories. Point of this particular ramble(!) is that I still wonder how much of her insta-world is made-up bollocks. She's making a living out of being an antagonistic, argumentative, nasty, angry perma-victim - how much is real? I've watched her stories with my jaw on the floor before - she comes across as a complete mess and so close to losing her marbles at times that I just wonder if she even knows what's real and what's not any more.
Sorry for long post - just intrigued reading everyone else's point of view and thought I'd chip my experience in ?

Reactions: 7
I’m just wondering what I’ve missed as if the cross A level emo is who I think it is, she’s not posted anything about CC recently?? ?

That’s really interesting 222thepoint. I don’t like the whole “just an act” thing, I think it sounds like an excuse. The whole stage costume made me uncomfortable- like this is what a dv victim looks like. It’s stereotyping and it’s pretty pathetic.
I watched her stories when she went in on cookie kibbles and I was amazed - she was so full of hate and bitchy, it was sad to watch.

Reactions: 4
I’m just wondering what I’ve missed as if the cross A level emo is who I think it is, she’s not posted anything about CC recently??
Yeah who cares about rehashed old news. There must surely be more interesting insta gossip. Or Christmas crap to photograph.

I once had a really lengthy chat/debate with cash on DMs. She eventually told me I seemed ok for a Tory & it had been nice to talk to me. I had called her out on calling everyone who voted Tory a disabled murdering bleep etc etc. I'd been through her account - this was before she edited it - and asked why she'd tagged Boden (or whoever it was) in some early posts. I said she was no better than the instamums she slagged off continuously. I asked her about the stories she used to have up - 'cheese bleep' and going on about Kirstie allsopp etc. She said 'you didn't think that was true did you? That was part of my act!'. I had no prior experience of who she was - I told her I knew no better and took what I saw at face value. She asked why no-one took everything Stewart Lee said as true, but I had believed what she was saying as fact. Anyway after a rambling chat where she eventually calmed down and listened to me, like I said she agreed I was ok for a Tory and said she'd enjoyed talking to me. I noticed very soon after that all her early posts disappeared and so did a lot of the rambling stories. Point of this particular ramble(!) is that I still wonder how much of her insta-world is made-up bollocks. She's making a living out of being an antagonistic, argumentative, nasty, angry perma-victim - how much is real? I've watched her stories with my jaw on the floor before - she comes across as a complete mess and so close to losing her marbles at times that I just wonder if she even knows what's real and what's not any more.
Sorry for long post - just intrigued reading everyone else's point of view and thought I'd chip my experience in ?
This is interesting because I saw her on a comedy bill with Stewart Lee and Daniel Kitson just over a year ago and she was playing the part of Cash Carraway playing the part of refuge woman, so I followed her on IG and Twitter. She is very good live and I really liked her, from the info I've gathered sometimes she performs as Cash and other times as Kelly Halpen, but I know she's been on the absurdist theatre scene for years under a variety of names but her IG persona confused me. what I think happened is that she was trying to do an Andy Kaufman but it flopped badly ,she got confused with what was real and what was fact or maybe that was part of the 'act'? I'm as confused as everyone else!

I’m just wondering what I’ve missed as if the cross A level emo is who I think it is, she’s not posted anything about CC recently?? ?

That’s really interesting 222thepoint. I don’t like the whole “just an act” thing, I think it sounds like an excuse. The whole stage costume made me uncomfortable- like this is what a dv victim looks like. It’s stereotyping and it’s pretty pathetic.
I watched her stories when she went in on cookie kibbles and I was amazed - she was so full of hate and bitchy, it was sad to watch.
This is interesting because I saw her on a comedy bill with Stewart Lee and Daniel Kitson just over a year ago and she was playing the part of Cash Carraway playing the part of refuge woman, so I followed her on IG and Twitter. She is very good live and I really liked her, from the info I've gathered sometimes she performs as Cash and other times as Kelly Halpen, but I know she's been on the absurdist theatre scene for years under a variety of names but her IG persona confused me. what I think happened is that she was trying to do an Andy Kaufman but it flopped badly ,she got confused with what was real and what was fact or maybe that was part of the 'act'? I'm as confused as everyone else!
I don't know about cookie kibbles because I never saw her account but the character refuge woman is supposed to look like a stereotype because its about media stereotypes, she misjudged it a few times in the show I saw but as I said that was over a year ago so it might be different but it is a clever concept

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
"she was playing the part of Cash Carraway playing the part of refuge woman"

Sorry? What? I do hope that her publisher is ensuring that her book is clearly marked a work of fiction

How bleeping offensive to people who shared their stories on Instagram with her - some of whom were very vulnerable - and who ckearly didn't realise this was some kind of performance "art".

Reactions: 5
That IS interesting! Bloody hell it's no wonder she's disappeared from Instagram - the stress of keeping up with all the bullshit and remembering who she is and what she's said and what she's angry about today must have been intense!

"she was playing the part of Cash Carraway playing the part of refuge woman"

Sorry? What? I do hope that her publisher is ensuring that her book is clearly marked a work of fiction

How bleeping offensive to people who shared their stories on Instagram with her - some of whom were very vulnerable - and who ckearly didn't realise this was some kind of performance "art".
Her book isn't about refuges? It's a memoir

Thing is, there’s enough media stereotypes. Anyone could do that. I’d hope that seeing as she’s actually had to stay in a refuge, she might try and challenge the stereotype a bit, challenge people’s perceptions. Especially as she’s so anti-middle class, and a lot of middle class people have some real ‘dv happens to us and not them’ stereotypes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.