Cash Carraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. Did any of you know her before she became CC? Do any of you know her now or know people who know her?

Thank you. Do you know if they're still friends?

Deb99 May I message you privately?

I can't speak about this in public.

I’d prefer to keep any chats on the board , not keen on private messages if I’m honest.
It would be v helpful if I could speak to you privately.

I think someone needs to get her help and fast. She was threatening suicide last night to a few people through private messages, I really hope her daughter wasn’t in her care at the time.
Could you please tell me whom she was messaging? Thank you x

Last edited:
"she was playing the part of Cash Carraway playing the part of refuge woman"

Sorry? What? I do hope that her publisher is ensuring that her book is clearly marked a work of fiction

How bleeping offensive to people who shared their stories on Instagram with her - some of whom were very vulnerable - and who ckearly didn't realise this was some kind of performance "art".
Do you have any screengrabs of this? Thank you x

I don't have an issue with anyone trying to make money as long as they are transparent about it. Cash not only was not transparent, she blatantly lied, deleted her history and created a new persona. I used to really like her and defended her on mumsnet until I realized that she had lied about a lot of stuff. I don't know if she has/had an alcohol issue but she would say something on a story and then drastically change it and make out that she was being gaslighted. I remember she was storying about mumsnet, being very angry about 'allegations that she had had botox. She vehemently denied it. Someone then posted a piece she had written, reviewing the botox experience on The Comeback Mum. Cash had scrubbed this blog but you know, the internet is forever. She then did a story saying 'So what if i've had botox, are single, working mums not allowed?' and started her whole victimization by the patriarchy spiel. She did that quite a few times with different issues. It was really odd, it was almost like she was a split person who didn't know what was going on.
Do you have any screengrabs of this? Thank you x

Last edited:
You are being very cryptic - what’s occurring?
I cannot post about this publicly for reasons that will be obvious if someone contacts me privately. I am not CC or anyone affiliated with CC.

Exactly! I remember reading her stripper story,and the graphic details of her work but also the medical notes of her mangled vagina,she actually wrote that she had no vaginal wall and her anus ....TMI ? I really felt so much empathy for her at that point,but later read something she wrote about it all being written as fiction to feed her destitute child! Very confusing.
Where did you see this? Thank you x

This is what I did. So did my friend and we were in the same refuge together, living with the same issues as Cash (including people saying ‘you have a phone so you can’t be poor ’). It felt like someone was finally telling our story. I told Cash my story and she repurposed it the next morning for a post, down to the very detail and it bleeping broke me. I know others who had the same done to them. This is not a vendetta, this is just a lot of really hurt people who are tired of this woman using their story for her own gain. Poverty doesn’t mean you simply hate all middle class people. It means you need someone to highlight the shame you feel, the lack of help available and it would have been amazing if she did have all that money she now says she did to buy wine, she started raising the profile of others who were in a worse off position. It was all Me ME ME. I’m only here because I want any journalist looking into her when her book comes out to know there are holes and that people were used. Her name isn’t even Cash, it’s Kelly and she went to the Brit school. And yes I’m bleeping hurt
Could you please contact me privately? Thank you x

Last edited:
Janice turner was had.

Great comment under the article:

If the Naomi Wolf debacle taught us anything, it's that books aren't fact-checked. So much of this story seems off. She "was asked" to write a play at 19 for Soho Theatre? By who? What 19 year olds with no connections are asked to write plays for central London theatres? Peep show punters brought a pram to Soho sex shop as a gift for her - really? Would that not look highly incongruous? What man would walk into a sex shop with a pram? Even her explanation for how she came to be living in Maida Vale eight years ago - that landlords purposely kept their properties in disrepair to guarantee council tenants - sounds like nonsense. Most landlords don't want council tenants, especially in 2011 when they could have a banker paying triple for a posh flat in Maida Vale. Sounds like a good read but let's all apply some critical thinking.

Reactions: 8
I really liked Cash if i'm honest and as a single parent myself I did sympathise with her. It's bloody tough on your own. The stick she got was unfair in all honestly and all the instamums ganging up on her was petty and childish. Said more about them than her.

Obviously that person is a journalist because they would say outright what they are wanting

Did anyone read this article from the weekend? Very interesting....
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-stripper-single-mother-sofa-surfer-8r9jss2gv
Would be great to read if I didn't have to pay to read more than 4 sentences though haha

Reactions: 2
I really liked Cash if i'm honest and as a single parent myself I did sympathise with her. It's bloody tough on your own. The stick she got was unfair in all honestly and all the instamums ganging up on her was petty and childish. Said more about them than her.

Obviously that person is a journalist because they would say outright what they are wanting

Would be great to read if I didn't have to pay to read more than 4 sentences though haha
I'm a single parent, too. How odd that you would assume I'm not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.